Game Day ***Cowboys vs Buccaneers post game thread***

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I can't wait to read the spin that the low IQ Dak haters put on this win "that matters" like they did when we beat other playoff teams during the season.
I think like with any QB, he deserves blame when he plays poorly and credit when he plays well. He had a great game tonight. There's already talk about it coming against the Bucs, but their defense has only given up 30-plus points in games against good teams (and Atlanta in the last game of the season when Tampa didn't have any reason to try). Kansas City, Cincinnati and San Fran are the others to score 30-plus against them.

Great game by Prescott, the offensive line and the defense in particular.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Micah, stay out of the opponents huddle.
They were so used to him being in their backfield that most of them didn't think he was out of place being in their huddle. Just Jensen, but he's missed most of the season, so what does he know?

offlimits

Reaction score
Sounds about right
Home teams are always given three points and then the line will correct itself over the week. Basically, as I type SF is 1.5 point favorites. I have no issue being the underdog next week.

zeke21

Reaction score
I think you can openly talk about Dak have a truly exceptional game but also still think he is not the answer at QB. What it does give me hope.. is that he only has to play that well 3 more times and we win a SB. What disappoints me is that nearly 95% of the media coverage is on the 'great' game by Dak.. without acknowledging that this defence.. under resourced, banged up and full of no name guys.. held the GOAT to 0 points in the first half. How about running the fact that Micah had the most recorded QB pressures (which some could argue is a better stat than sacks because it often results in incompletions and interceptions) ever in a play off game. How about talking about Hankin and LVE coming back and making an impact. Talk about the gutsy calls made on 4th down. Talk about the fact that 2 of Daks TDs were from amazing blown coverages as a result of exceptional scheme play. The first TD to shutlz.. he was running around free in the end zone for over 4 seconds.. that is an eternity. The CeeDee Lamb TD catch.. he had 15 yards on the nearest defender.. how does that happen? It happens with scheme.

Or how about we talk about the revolving door Oline that managed to settle after an early sack and got better and better. Dak had an average clean pocket above 3.5 seconds at one stage.. again that is a very long time for a clean pocket average.

So yes.. Dak was great.. 100% the best game of his career for me.. but wow there was a lot more that went into that win and YES it does need to be remembered that we were playing Tampa.. a 9-8 team that looked a shadow of their former selves. I am so keen to see how we stack up against SF who I actually think is the best team in the NFC right now.. I truly believe if we beat SF.. we will win get to the SB.. next week is the big hurdle. Come on Boys!

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I think Dak moved a notch ahead of Romo tonight in Cowboys history. Romo never won a road playoff game or beat the GOAT.

Westcoasthabsfan

Reaction score
KALq5W4.png
Did he even play tonight?

Mannix

Reaction score
Threat to run Dak is sooooo more effective than stoic Cigar Store Indian camped out in the pocket Dak.

zeke21

Reaction score
I think Dak moved a notch ahead of Romo tonight in Cowboys history. Romo never won a road playoff game or beat the GOAT.
Disagree. Romo never had a defence this good.. and never had all the weapons he needed at the right time.

Lets face it.. 'the catch' is probably what stands between Romo finally getting the haters off his back and him being relegated in the rankings. I'd still prefer a fit Romo over Dak.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
GREAT GAME!!!!!

That was the best game I have ever seen Dak play, he was just lights out on fire.

I think this moves Dak ahead of Romo now since Dak now has the same number of playoff wins as Romo (2) but Romo never won a playoff game on the road and never beat a QB the caliber of Brady.

Dak also became just the 5th player in NFL history to have 4 passing TDs and a rushing TD in a playoff game. Considering this was on the road and against the GOAT, that is one hell of an accomplishment.

No doubt in my mind that Dak now gets a contract extension to lower his cap number next year, so all the haters hoping Dak would be gone soon are not happy tonight, LOL.