Game Day ***Cowboys vs Buccaneers post game thread***

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't think that's true. Dak has had a few important games that he just didn't have his best effort, and even those weren't entirely on him. He's in a great position to erase those memories. A road win against the Niners will go a long way in doing just that.
Make no mistake about it, it’s definitely true. They don’t like the way he took over for Tony and they will tell you so.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gotta give some props to the OC - there was some good play calling tonight. The receiver route tree was very good. Dak was excellent at looking off the receivers - no stare downs of the intended receiver. He froze the safety several times.
Defense stepped up tonight too.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
They did what they were supposed to, which is more than I've come to expect from them, so they deserve credit for that.
I have no idea where that guy was betting his money, but that 17.5 was either a typo or a lie. When I placed my Draft Kings bet, they were favored by 2.5.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I think you can openly talk about Dak have a truly exceptional game but also still think he is not the answer at QB. What it does give me hope.. is that he only has to play that well 3 more times and we win a SB. What disappoints me is that nearly 95% of the media coverage is on the 'great' game by Dak.. without acknowledging that this defence.. under resourced, banged up and full of no name guys.. held the GOAT to 0 points in the first half. How about running the fact that Micah had the most recorded QB pressures (which some could argue is a better stat than sacks because it often results in incompletions and interceptions) ever in a play off game. How about talking about Hankin and LVE coming back and making an impact. Talk about the gutsy calls made on 4th down. Talk about the fact that 2 of Daks TDs were from amazing blown coverages as a result of exceptional scheme play. The first TD to shutlz.. he was running around free in the end zone for over 4 seconds.. that is an eternity. The CeeDee Lamb TD catch.. he had 15 yards on the nearest defender.. how does that happen? It happens with scheme.

Or how about we talk about the revolving door Oline that managed to settle after an early sack and got better and better. Dak had an average clean pocket above 3.5 seconds at one stage.. again that is a very long time for a clean pocket average.

So yes.. Dak was great.. 100% the best game of his career for me.. but wow there was a lot more that went into that win and YES it does need to be remembered that we were playing Tampa.. a 9-8 team that looked a shadow of their former selves. I am so keen to see how we stack up against SF who I actually think is the best team in the NFC right now.. I truly believe if we beat SF.. we will win get to the SB.. next week is the big hurdle. Come on Boys!
The media is focused on Dak because when the TEAM loses, when the OL plays poorly, when there’s no run game, when the receivers drop balls, when the defense gives up a ton of points and can’t get off the field, it is always Dak’s fault that he didn’t somehow play great, that he tried to do too much. Dak knows he didn’t do this himself, he gave credit to everyone, including the defense, but when the Cowboys lose, pointing out anyone besides Dak is viewed as making excuses for him.

To me, it’s freakin’ amazing that he can ever play well with the venom he faces when the team loses.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Disagree. Romo never had a defence this good.. and never had all the weapons he needed at the right time.

Lets face it.. 'the catch' is probably what stands between Romo finally getting the haters off his back and him being relegated in the rankings. I'd still prefer a fit Romo over Dak.
Amazing how everything is Dak’s fault when the TEAM loses; point out other facets like no blocking, no receiver, the defense collapsing, and it’s all excuses for Dak not elevating the team as he should based on his pay. Yet nothing is ever Romo’s fault despite playing with HOFers on both sides of the ball and not winning or playing well even when he had the #1 seed in the NFC. And by the way, for a short time, Romo was the highest paid QB in the NFL.

It is such an unfair comparison that one would swear it had something to do with the color of their skin, though I certainly hope not. Nothing but excuses for Romo and blame for Dak.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
I think you can openly talk about Dak have a truly exceptional game but also still think he is not the answer at QB. What it does give me hope.. is that he only has to play that well 3 more times and we win a SB. What disappoints me is that nearly 95% of the media coverage is on the 'great' game by Dak.. without acknowledging that this defence.. under resourced, banged up and full of no name guys.. held the GOAT to 0 points in the first half. How about running the fact that Micah had the most recorded QB pressures (which some could argue is a better stat than sacks because it often results in incompletions and interceptions) ever in a play off game. How about talking about Hankin and LVE coming back and making an impact. Talk about the gutsy calls made on 4th down. Talk about the fact that 2 of Daks TDs were from amazing blown coverages as a result of exceptional scheme play. The first TD to shutlz.. he was running around free in the end zone for over 4 seconds.. that is an eternity. The CeeDee Lamb TD catch.. he had 15 yards on the nearest defender.. how does that happen? It happens with scheme.

Or how about we talk about the revolving door Oline that managed to settle after an early sack and got better and better. Dak had an average clean pocket above 3.5 seconds at one stage.. again that is a very long time for a clean pocket average.

So yes.. Dak was great.. 100% the best game of his career for me.. but wow there was a lot more that went into that win and YES it does need to be remembered that we were playing Tampa.. a 9-8 team that looked a shadow of their former selves. I am so keen to see how we stack up against SF who I actually think is the best team in the NFC right now.. I truly believe if we beat SF.. we will win get to the SB.. next week is the big hurdle. Come on Boys!
Great post. I agree it was a great performance all the way around. We should enjoy it now but next week is the real test. Taking nothing from the guys tonight as a road win is a road win, but TB reminds me of PHI last year in that they really had no business being in the playoffs. Let's home the Boys can bring this level of performance to SF!

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Gotta give some props to the OC - there was some good play calling tonight. The receiver route tree was very good. Dak was excellent at looking off the receivers - no stare downs of the intended receiver. He froze the safety several times.
Defense stepped up tonight too.
Dak showed some really great ball handling last night. He pulled off some fancy fakes and had the TB defense going in the wrong direction.

pentatwirl

Reaction score
jack-sparrow-sinking-ship.gif

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
How many crushing hits did Godwin take last night? Man our secondary was lighting him up.

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
Dak was awesome last night, I love players that “answer the bell” because that what a pro should do after a bad week

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Micah didn't impress me. Even on his supposed sack he loses grip on Brady and Armstrong finishes the play.

Trade the Lyin' in the offseason. Let him go be pretty neutral on another team's rivalries.