Game Day ***Cowboys vs Bucs post game thread***

Lesterbut

Reaction score
The coaching has had its share of problems. And they made their share of mistakes with the bottom of the roster coming out of the gates. Especially with so many positions tied up with players who couldn't give us anything. Overall, the bigger problems have been huge, and they've been with the roster and the QB. At some point, though, I agree that the losing itself becomes the issue, and that's not something JG will be able to overcome once it becomes internal.

And it's threatening to become an internal issue finally, I'm afraid.

Do you think this is what happened w/ Wade? Or was he just not a a good head coach? Why'd he fail? Honestly, isn't five years w/ a franchise qb enough time to win? Not win it all necessarily but put 2 or 3 winning season's together? Is that too much to ask?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Wow the Pats are unstoppable. If they've finally been able to get over the hump against the Giants, there's nothing else that can stop them

Eh, some crappy team will beat them. It's always some underdog that takes down undefeated teams.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I could say that the list of coaches who've had no losing seasons in 5 years is short, as well. He was 5-3 in 2010, for the record.

Put it this way...hypothetically, if we had Tony Romo in the games all this time, and played the same games with the same play calls....the only difference being that it's Romo making the adjustments at the line and making the throws. And, for argument's sake, let's say we make that extra play or two in each of these games and win the 5 of them that were in serious contention, putting us at 7-2 and not 2-7....would that mean that Jason Garrett is then a good coach and not a bad one, after all?

I'd submit that it wouldn't. That the won/loss equation in the NFL is complicated, and you have to look specifically at all aspects of the wins and the losses to see who's doing a good job, who is not, and who's got significant room for improvement. If I were seeing bad coaching or bad play calling contributing to losing games, I'd put it on Garrett and the coordinators. But that's not what I'm seeing. So I put the issue on personnel, instead, because that's where I'm seeing the biggest limitations right now.

Are you seriously trying to count the 5-3 interim record as a 'winning" season for your boy Garrett now? That is how bad its gotten.................WOW

When a head coach's interim season is considered one of their best seasons, its time to find a new coach.