Cowboys Vs Cardinals ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD***

Chuck 54

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Drew Bledsoe + Bad O-line play = Bad things man... Bad things.
we're still back where we've always been, michael...you either need a QB who knows the offense in and out and can make awfully fast and coordinated decisions with the WR's...or you need a mobile QB.

Hopefully Bledsoe and his WR's will get to the first option before the first game, because i don't think the backups are going to provide too much excitement either.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MichaelWinicki said:
Drew Bledsoe + Bad O-line play = Bad things man... Bad things.

Yeah, the season's not lost but the offensive line better protect better than it did tonight because without it, Bledsoe will spend most of the season on his butt, back and shoulder.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
THEHEREAFTER said:
What's troubling is that this sucks for Drews confidence with a new O-line. You don't want the guy to start getting "happy feet.".. Our O-line looked rusty indeed..

He looks like he did in Buffalo the last couple of years.

jlust22

Reaction score
Yeah, I wouldn't get too worked up over a preseason game, but there are continuing issues revolving around the team that until proven otherwise are major question marks. The OL has to be an area of concern. RT is a mess. Rogers is always hurt and I have no faith in Petitti or Tucker. The OL has to be good because Bledsoe and these WR's will need all the time they can get. We still don't know if we have a legitimate pass rush and FS is still a huge whole. Hopefully, these problem areas will turn out ok, but you have to be at least a little skeptical.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Jarv said:
Are we getting the Dallas anouncers in the 2nd half ?

You looking forward to hearing Mickey and Babe..........you may be better off with no volume.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reality said:
Yeah, the season's not lost but the offensive line better protect better than it did tonight because without it, Bledsoe will spend most of the season on his butt, back and shoulder.

And in many instances he'll be spilling something brown out on the turf.

(Feel free to interpret that any way you like ;))

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Reality said:
i still think we'll see vinnie before the season starts, but the protection should improve with gameplanning...BP will protect his QB even if he has to keep a TE and back in.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
jlust22 said:
Yeah, I wouldn't get too worked up over a preseason game, but there are continuing issues revolving around the team that until proven otherwise are major question marks. The OL has to be an area of concern. RT is a mess. Rogers is always hurt and I have no faith in Petitti or Tucker. The OL has to be good because Bledsoe and these WR's will need all the time they can get. We still don't know if we have a legitimate pass rush and FS is still a huge whole. Hopefully, these problem areas will turn out ok, but you have to be at least a little skeptical.
I don't think this will go on too long before Parcells simply has to give it to Vollers like last year and live with it.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
wayne_motley said:
i still think we'll see vinnie before the season starts, but the protection should improve with gameplanning...BP will protect his QB even if he has to keep a TE and back in.

That's a very valid point.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Best play of the first half... Newman's coverage on Fitz on the long ball down the right side... picture perfect technique forcing Fitz to interfere.. I'm not use to seeing that from our DB's.. Our pass rush looked a little flat though..

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Mr Cowboy said:
You looking forward to hearing Mickey and Babe..........you may be better off with no volume.

Troy is not in the booth ?

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
We made The Cards starting front four looked like R. White, J. Brown, C. Simmons and co.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Only thing consistent I saw was Witten still in Pro Bowl form in the 1st half. Romo was pretty good too, but he was going up against 2nd teamers so...

Cundiff looked solid on that FG and let's all hope he's finally matured as a kicker. Our defense did not get any pressure on Warner except on the blitzes. Bledsoe needs to checkdown better or it's gonna be a looong season IMO.

Keith Davis looked a little lost and I think Izell Reese should get his chance as FS also.

:starspin

Chuck 54

Reaction score
getting close to midnight in VA...and nothing to even listen to...enjoyed reading your takes guys, but I'm going to bed and watch Jurassic Park...at least I know the guys getting torn up will end up winning by the end :)

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
The 3/4 D.........main concern was stopping the run........fair job. Glover... Ellis looked good.

Young LBs in coverage.......bad.

Safety........Davis was lost.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Guys, I promise you.. that pass wasn't intended for L. Fitz.. they got lucky but ohhh well!

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
Troy is w/Brad S. on the radio.

Oh well...anyhow I have the game on, which I did not expect...Thank you NFL Network !

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
some brief observations from the first half:

anthony henry appears to be for real.

drew bledsoe has some serious whip in his arm but no protection.

rob pertitti is a rookie.

jacob rogers is nobody we can count on.

arizona's kicker has some serious whip in his leg.

our punter mcbriar has some serious whip in his leg.

kurt warner will wear you out if he has time.

we need to work on the passrush. duh.

some guys attract money. tony romo has figured out "throw to witten" and, thusly, attracts 1st downs. i'm impressed so far. guy is just "cagy".

good luck in the second half.