Game Day ***Cowboys vs Chargers Post-Game Thread***

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
You say Gallup , Dak didnt look at Coop all day , For some reason KM thought lateral to Lamb is a better play

I noticed when Gallup is in that Cooper seems to get more play and plays better. It's weird.

Yeah that Lamb screen needs to be ripped out of the playbook.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
IF the chargers hadn’t been sloppier than us, we could have. They were, so we didn’t, but that team is going to be scary over the next few years. Herbert is probably better than Rivers was, and Rivers took them to the AFC championship

What about Dallas being sloppy?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Why in the hell do you think they had to commit those penalties? Because they were getting beat! Your world of reality is only exists in a movie.

Not going waste my time with you today. :thumbup:

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Seamed like a real heckle and Jeckle type game. 1st quarter we dominated, then really got sat back on our heals.
Some good things, some bad things and some dumb things.
What I take away is - really glad to get the win ! Regardless of how we got it, it gives more confidence to Greg the leg. We should get a couple ? Starters back next week. At least our DE - Gregory. Not sure what's going on with Collins. Steele held his own - that's good.
Zeke looked good, Pollard looked better.
My hope is the coaching staff realizes they got away with one. And can tighten up their game.
Put this one away quickly and on to smashing the Egirls next Monday !

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’m certainly not making excuses for the Chargers but we all saw what happened today, they kept shooting themselves in the foot with penalties. We’ve had games where we’ve done the same thing.

They did it today. The Chargers just did it more.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Reasons to be happy with the win:
1. It's a win!

You really don't need another reason, but here it goes:
2. It was a road win vs a very good Charger team.
3. Zeurlien appears to be back. Both kicks at the end of games have been straight down the middle.
4. We had great safety play.
5. We had two INTs. Three if you count Kearse's.
6. Parsons (my personal feelings aside) had a really good game.
7. We are tied for first in the division!

Reasons to be upset with the win:
I can't think of any.
And (8), we have a ton of Injuries and missing key parts to our team.

Creeper

Reaction score
I will probably put all my thoughts in another post after my heart rates returns to normal. Never expected the Cowboys top win this game but I was wrong about a few things - and right about a few things.

First, Steele had a decent game. He had help but overall I thought he played well enough.

I know Zack Martin is better than Connor McGovern, but I did not think he was that much better. He is and it is not close. He had a monster game.

Dak played okay. The defense is awful. They got a lot of breaks and made some breaks but in general I don't see a big difference between this defense and the one they had last year. The secondary is still full of holes. How many 3rd and long situations did the Chargers convert? Too many. No pressure on Herbert and recei8vers running wide open 20+ yards downfield.

I will give credit where it is due, Jaylon Smith did not play as bad as he usually does.. LVE had a nice game too.

I thought putting Parsons on the end was a bad idea because he is needed at his regular position. I was wrong. He had a good game against a not-so-great OT, but if holding was called every time he was held, the Chargers would have been scoreless.

The Chargers are a good team with a really good QB. The Cowboys beating them is going to help win the division, but the Cowboys need to get healthy.

JustChip

Reaction score
I rather win in regulation than risk OT. I don't think the D could have held another quarter.
The danger with OT is if the Chargers had gotten the ball first and scored a TD, the games over. We’ve lost to Arizona and New Orleans because of TDs in OT on the first couple of plays.

OldJarhead

Reaction score
Good teams make their own luck. You're obviously not a Cowboys fan. You can't even get behind them when they win. Pathetic.

I am a Cowboys fan, just not a blind one. I can see the warts on them, but I would still kiss them, and take them home to meet momma.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m certainly not making excuses for the Chargers but we all saw what happened today, they kept shooting themselves in the foot with penalties. We’ve had games where we’ve done the same thing.
The refs were tuned in today.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak is completely risk averse against zones. This is an issue with him going back his whole career here. You saw the risk-averse nature of him coming back once again, from the second quarter onward. I say 2nd quarter onward because that’s what I watched.

It’s what he is….

Herbert on the other hand was basically challenging throws downfield all day against the zone coverage. He obviously killed them with that awful INT in terms end zone, but that throw down the sideline to their RB where we got flagged for the hit to the helmet, was pure beauty. He was also challenging the middle where the zones are normally susceptible. Dak basically looks at the sideline the whole time.

That’s the difference between elite QBs and guys surrounded by so much talent that can mask their flaws against bad teams. That’s the difference between optimism with Herbert and “eh” with Dak.

You give Herbert a RG, that offense is serious business. I mean they basically ignored the RG the whole time, except the last drive when they called the TD back.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
The danger with OT is if the Chargers had gotten the ball first and scored a TD, the games over. We’ve lost to Arizona and New Orleans because of TDs in OT on the first couple of plays.

Yes, JC that was what I was alluding to but you said it more eloquently than I did.