Cowboys Vs Commanders ***Game Thread***

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I would have liked to have taken one quick shot in the end zone. Maybe not with Bledsoe behind center, but no problem with Romo.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
dogunwo;1141269 said:
How is that possible?

Just because I support Bledsoe, doesn't mean I want him in the game.
I just want him ready in case of an Emergency.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Kick squib kick to the 30 down there.

2 seconds left:

Deadskins screen pass to Coolety brought down at the 40

Alweezy

Reaction score
yall be quiet about Parcells being conservative, 20 minutes ago yall were calling for his head for taking a shot.. on the 2pt conversion.

I am pleased to be coming out of that half not down... Romo showing excellent composure against the blitz. Something 3 weeks ago we might not have been able to say the same about with Bledsoe back there..

wxcpo

Reaction score
Nice garbage time yardage, but had no chance. Skins simply padding their stats. :laugh2:

BlueStar22

Reaction score
we should be up but this game is exactly what it should be. Boys vs Skins!

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
sandtrapp;1141275 said:
I've got to admit it sure sounds fishy that we have 71 yards in penalties in the 1st half.:confused:
They can't be that bad.:starspin

The chop block call was *(*&(&..Flo had already released the guy. :(

J-DOG

Reaction score
Rack;1141272 said:
Great officiating so far.

BS call on the Davis "facemask", then a non-call on the Portis taunting.
Barber was tackled by the back of his helmet on the short dump off pass on the last drive...how come that was not called?
Same friggin thing!

canters

Reaction score
We need a short field in the second half for some easy points. Defense, are you up to it?

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;1141179 said:
While talking?

He never got him by the back of the jersey. There was no personal foul because 1) no facemask was grabbed 2) no jersey was grabbed.

Some really bad calls going on (again).

bad calls both ways. i'm sure you meant that.

marchetta

Reaction score
Thanks for all the posts guys/gals. It's a big help for those of us not fortunate enough to watch the game. Big ups to "Clove" for the detailed posts.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Ellis is too slow, put Carpenter in there. Yes I know one looks beter in practice but it's a different story on game day. Let the kid make some plays, at least he can make diving tackles...:starspin

Bizwah

Reaction score
BlueStar22;1141284 said:
we should be up but this game is exactly what it should be. Boys vs Skins!

Right.....that's why I was amazed at how many thought we'd blow them away.

That's still certainly possible, the games not over, but you always throw out the records when you play your arch rival.

Yes, by all accounts we should win this game.....but rivalries bring out the best in bad teams.

Gaede

Reaction score
I'm convinced that Buck and Aikman just hate the Cowboys. All the time it's a 'where's the flag?' whenever the boys make a play...and as soon as there is a flag, they immediately blame the Cowboys...

Granted they do give up a lot of penalties, but I really can't stand these two broadcasters. Give me Moose instead of Aikman and anyone instead of Buck.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
J-DOG;1141289 said:
Barber was tackled by the back of his helmet on the short dump off pass on the last drive...how come that was not called?
Same friggin thing!

Yeah, I saw that too. Short answer: the 'Boys didn't do it.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
ellis has no business in the base defense. i am amazed other teams haven't attacked him like the skins are today. Let greg rush the passer in the nickel defense but get him off the field in the base.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
1) we're fortunate to be tied with the way our defense is playing...other than nice goalline stand vs the run, defense has been garbage by Zimmer...our best plays are when the other teams screws up

2) Romo...pretty good, but missed a couple that hurt...probably should have had tds on those plays to Glenn and Witten though...but if Bledsoe were playing QB we'd probably be getting shutout because Romo has made some great plays with his feet...

3) stupid stupid stupid freaking decision by Parcells to go for 2

David

J-DOG

Reaction score
riggo;1141291 said:
bad calls both ways. i'm sure you meant that.
Same friggin thing!