Cowboys Vs Commanders ***Game Thread***

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
cstanton1987;1141323 said:
How in the flying flippity is he bashing the boys?

he called Tony ROmo "wonder boy" :rolleyes:

how can you guys say he's bashing us? he's been all over Romo's jockstrap today, even was complementing our running game and the 1-2 punch of Juice and Barber

Gaede

Reaction score
Ken;1141309 said:
There certainly has been. These officials suck!

yeah...I knew what the we were all in for as soon as the ref called that facemask penalty on the wrong team, and then after seeing the replay, changes the call to go against the Skins...

It was the a good correction obviously--but just goes to show the general incompetence of refs in todays NFL

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
Okay, this game has a lot in common with previous games (both good and bad):

1) We started badly, took it on the chin, and got right back in it.
2) Our D plays overall decent despite giving up a few big plays and a long drive.
3) Too many penalties.
4) JJ doing deceptively well.
5) Ellis does look slow.

Terrible call on the two, refs have been bad but not necessarily against us.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
summerisfunner;1141300 said:
riggo, what's up w/ Marcus Washington acting a fool everytime he's in on something, whether it be a tackle for 5 yard gain, or 1 yard gain? he's always gesticulating over the minutest plays, at least make a game-changing sack or INT before acting dumb

It's funny...I was thinking the same thing...imagine that was T.O doing that nonsense?

Anyhow, good first half by both teams....I have some serious man love going on for my goomba playing QB.

Gaede

Reaction score
cstanton1987;1141323 said:
How in the flying flippity is he bashing the boys?

watch closely man...everything the Boys accomplish is met with Buck's dry sarcasm

While the plays of the Commanders are met with enthusiasm

I don't think he actually dislikes the Boys, but sometimes announcers call a game a certain way all day long-and today, Buck is calling it for the Skins

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Bizwah;1141325 said:
Couple of things to note.

Yes, our defense hasn't played well.

But, the Skins had two weeks to prepare for us. I figured the first half would be very tough. I was thinking that the second half would settle things down a bit.

My thoughts as well.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Oh_Canada;1141330 said:
It's funny...I was thinking the same thing...imagine that was T.O doing that nonsense?

Anyhow, good first half by both teams....I have some serious man love going on for my goomba playing QB.
Washinton is almost as annoying as the Giants "ballin" jumpshot.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Ellis made a stupid mistake playing the FB instead of Portis. And I agree we need a natural linebacker in there and let Ellis go to the Nickel.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Gosh, I cant stand Joe Buck. Aikman's ok, but buck always has an agenda, I am glad he seems not to be on TO's nutts today.

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;1141303 said:
Really? The 'Boys have 8 penalties (3 of them were dubious) and the 'Skins have 3.

the announcers even said that dallas had committed 2 holding penalties that werent called. havent seen one dallas got that wasnt earned. even that tackle on portis may have been illegal.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Kickoff:

Lands at the 4 Green jogs to the 25 where he's stopped.