Game Day ***Cowboys vs Commanders post game thread***

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
That win was all Romo......................and to think there were some posters who said he should have been benched in favor of Orton for this game.....................HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

And with our ineptitude there at the end, we actually forced WAS to use their TO's, and got it down to about a minute left when we scored. So you could say we kinda lucked into some really good game management (I know you wouldn't, but you could).

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
And with our ineptitude there at the end, we actually forced WAS to use their TO's, and got it down to about a minute left when we scored. So you could say we kinda lucked into some really good game management (I know you wouldn't, but you could).

We really did luck out making them burn all of their timeouts..........if we run it into the endzone on 1st or 2nd down, they have like 1:30 and couple timeouts.........way too much time for our defense.

Garrett is still incompetent...................Romo may have saved his job today..............maybe instead of throwing Romo under the bus in the post game presser, he will actually credit him for winning the game.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
That huge loss on 3rd and goal was completely blown up. Murray at best loses only 4 yds. Frederick and Leary got absolutely destroyed giving Murray nowhere to dive.

Looking at the TD scoring catch by Murray, the Skins had 3 guys around Murray, The LB and the DB were fortunately 2 secs slow in reacting to Murray. Phew...

gmoney112

Reaction score
There goes our ability to restock in the draft with legitimate talent. I, for one, am glad to know that we'll have to pick a D3 player in a later round with promising measurables because we had to "prove" ourselves against terrible competition.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Did Miles suit up today? Im used to the lack of production but i dont even remember him on the field today.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Did Miles suit up today? Im used to the lack of production but i dont even remember him on the field today.

Only catch I remember him making was the one where Romo got hit on the leg and throw it to Austin who was sitting on the ground.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I'd love to know why we waited until the game nearly was over before switching Carr off of Garçon.

Also the need for a true FS is huge. The next time a S reads, explodes and breaks on the ball to make a play will be the first. To be fair a bit to Kiffin, this scheme is useless without good rangy Ss. We are essentially playing with 2-3 mediocre SSs.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
The usual ghosts in big games showed up again....Austin, Ware, Carter.....can't wait until all three are gone.

Miles and Ware for sure. Carter I think it may be too early to let him go just yet.

Tommy

Reaction score
That huge loss on 3rd and goal was completely blown up. Murray at best loses only 4 yds. Frederick and Leary got absolutely destroyed giving Murray nowhere to dive

Anyone else notice on that play and 2nd down before it that the Dline was reacting to the snap faster that the Oline? Neither play had a chance. They were all over the snap count.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Miles and Ware for sure. Carter I think it may be too early to let him go just yet.
I despise how soft he plays. Maybe one more year, but unless his attitude changes I just don't see a player who will ever live up to his huge potential.

Plankton

Reaction score
It wasn't going to end this season any other way. For good or bad, it was always going to come down to a Week 17 win and you're in scenario.

This was a somewhat uneven performance, but the Cowboys showed a lot of mental toughness in this game to win. They still didn't run it as much as I would like, they still don't mount a pass rush of any consequence, they still have mental errors and breakdowns at critical times, but the team hangs in there. When Romo threw the interception in the third quarter, I thought that this would potentially be the moment where they would throw in the towel, but the defense hardened to hold the Commanders to a FG, and kept the team in the game. I thought it was telling that when Wilcox came to the sidelines after his boneheaded penalty, the offensive players all came to him and showed support. This tells me that this team is still united in the cause, and this unity allowed them to overcome their errors and the deficit to win.

Right now, the best three players on this team are Tyron Smith, DeMarco Murray and Dez Bryant. Smith absolutely dominated Orakpo, and has become a true force at LT. He at times shows a weakness in sealing the backside on some stretch plays, but his balance and punch are as good as there is in the league. If he doesn't make the Pro Bowl this year (only other LTs in the NFC close to his level are Jermon Bushrod and Joe Staley), it's a crime. Murray has been determined, dogged and has run strong in the second half. All he has been lacking is opportunities. He did get 22 carries today, and made the play to win the game, but it feels like he should be even more involved. Bryant showed some guts today battling despite his shoulder injury. He didn't look like he could raise his right arm very well, but he made big plays, and should have had two TDs if not for an errant pass in the fourth quarter. He still has a lot to learn about his craft, but his enthusiasm, intensity, hands and determination make him a stud.

The defense deserves some credit for hanging in there. Yes, Garcon abused Brandon Carr today. However, they largely kept the passing game in check despite a lack of a pass rush, and made Alfred Morris earn his yards. When they needed to, they stiffened up, and held the Commanders to field goals. These instances were a huge part of this win today that will largely go ignored by most.

Tony Romo was not great for the whole of the game, but was great when he had to be. He was terrific in the fourth quarter, and made things happen with his legs all day long. He once again showed his physical toughness in hanging in there despite his back injury. He was very heady on the last drive, and the check down to Murray to win the game was the mark of a guy who was calm, composed and completely aware of all of his options on the play. After last week's cluster *****, it was nice to see him rebound and make THE play to win.

The injury situation is downright comical, and a number of players showed guts in playing with and through injuries. Romo, Bryant, DeMarcus Ware, George Selvie, Kyle Wilber and Bruce Carter all deserve credit for playing through injuries. It's a little worrisome going into next week's game, but it is what it is.

Win and your in. It isn't perfect, but I'll take it. With the game at home for the first Week 17 game since 2009, I have a feeling that it will turn out differently this time around.