Game Day Cowboys vs Commanders post game thread

crashintonickdm

Reaction score
Deion was so sure of himself when asked when romo is back will he be the guy. He said no, not at all. Never cared for Deion. To me he was never a true cowboy

Why does the national media hate romo so much?

skinsscalper

Reaction score
A victory is a victory and Garrett making bone-Headed decisions today like normal are two different things..

Apparently it's everyone else's fault when Garrett loses.. All last year, it was because Romo wasn't there.. TO, Dez not running proper routes, Romo audibling out of Garrett's playcalling, the defense, Hardy the lockerroom cancer.

Garrett homers and the victimization routine is always so predictable.. Complaining about having it both ways, while having it both ways..

And if you were talking to a Garrett supporter, you'd have a point. I wanted him gone three years ago when he blew the huge half-time lead against Green Bay. The point remains. You can't trash him when he loses and not give him credit when he wins. It's intellectual cowardice and the act of a douchebag that doesn't have the mental capacity for objective thought. You don't have to like it or even acknowledge it. You also don't have to believe water is wet, either.

Maverick84

Reaction score
-Tyron Smith looks stiff. I wonder if he's more hurt than we know.
-It sucks our best player on defense is not under contract next year. It will be interesting to see what this team does with Claiborne if he keeps this up.
-I pray Lee stays healthy b/c this lb core is horrendous. I've said my peace about Wilber, he was terrible today. There have to be players on the street better than these guys.
-Carr was good on the goal line, but there are times he looks like he's lost his passion for the game. His body language reminds me so much of Terence Newman after he got paid...nonchalant.
-Terrance Williams is retweeting every negative tweet being sent to him by fans. His confidence must be in the dumps considering this is a contract year for him.

this dude a savage LOL

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
By being predictable they didn't give them the best chance to ice the game. Love the win, didn't need to be that dramatic at the end.

The way we played it was the correct way to play it. You make them use their timeouts with two runs and on third down, you do a naked bootleg and unless someone is WIDE OPEN or Dak has nothing but grass in front of him, you eat the ball, make them use another TO and punt.

If the Commanders had been able to save a timeout, the entire last drive for them is most likely different.

Dracula

Reaction score
First, Dak and Zeke are the real deals. There is no need to spend time looking at Dak's numbers. He strikes me as a Jimmy Johnson type of player. One that shows up mentally and physically ready to play. Zeke is getting his sea legs now and along with Alfred Morris give Dallas a hell of a running tandem. I expect the Cowboys to beat the Bears and San Fran is a tossup.

Which will bring us to week 5 and the return of the Dobie Brothers. If they bring something positive to the team, this could be a special season. The other question is, after the bye week and if Dak is playing like he is now, what do we do about a genuine QB controversy? If the offence is rolling at a 25 to 30 ppg clip, I would be inclined to leave Dak in and give Romo some extra time to get healthy.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
First, Dak and Zeke are the real deals. There is no need to spend time looking at Dak's numbers. He strikes me as a Jimmy Johnson type of player. One that shows up mentally and physically ready to play. Zeke is getting his sea legs now and along with Alfred Morris give Dallas a hell of a running tandem. I expect the Cowboys to beat the Bears and San Fran is a tossup.

Which will bring us to week 5 and the return of the Dobie Brothers. If they bring something positive to the team, this could be a special season. The other question is, after the bye week and if Dak is playing like he is now, what do we do about a genuine QB controversy? If the offence is rolling at a 25 to 30 ppg clip, I would be inclined to leave Dak in and give Romo some extra time to get healthy.

There is no QB controversy this year. I assure you, when Romo is healthy, he plays. What Dak can do, however, is make it to where Romo doesn't have to rush back. If Dak is keeping this thing on the road, Romo can sit til after the BYE. That's a huge blessing.

I'm actually a little more worried about the Bears game than the 49ers. Cutler can get hot. Blaine Gabbert though? Uhhh....

Dracula

Reaction score
There are two worlds of physical ability, which will come into play. Romo, who may be medically cleared to play, but he no longer has the physical ability to escape that he used too. He'll take the sack or get run down for a loss versus Prescott, who has the ability to escape, make a play with his legs, and who has the confidence of the team. The argument that Romo is a better thrower is getting harder to make. Prescott vs Washington produced a 73% completion percentage, with no interceptions, and almost 300 yards. He completed passes to 8 different receivers and lead the team to 27 points. His QBR rating jumped from # 11 in week 1 to #4 in week 2.

It's going to get ugly when Romo comes back, looks rusty, and for ego reasons, Dallas can't take him out of the game.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
There are two worlds of physical ability, which will come into play. Romo, who may be medically cleared to play, but he no longer has the physical ability to escape that he used too. He'll take the sack or get run down for a loss versus Prescott, who has the ability to escape, make a play with his legs, and who has the confidence of the team. The argument that Romo is a better thrower is getting harder to make. Prescott vs Washington produced a 73% completion percentage, with no interceptions, and almost 300 yards. He completed passes to 8 different receivers and lead the team to 27 points. His QBR rating jumped from # 11 in week 1 to #4 in week 2.

It's going to get ugly when Romo comes back, looks rusty, and for ego reasons, Dallas can't take him out of the game.
On the other hand, it's going to be really pretty when we throw our first TD pass of the season in week 7. (P. S. please stop projecting your dumb fantasies into real life).

bark

Reaction score
I have no problem with a surprise onside kick. The coaches upstairs probably saw the Commanders were susceptible to this. Just poor execution by Bailey. A little roll of the dice is okay with me. Regardless of outcome.
This was my thought at the time. The coaches must have saw something on film or during the game. In fact watching the game, I thought we were all over the recovery if the kick was executed.

Doomsay

Reaction score
The way we played it was the correct way to play it. You make them use their timeouts with two runs and on third down, you do a naked bootleg and unless someone is WIDE OPEN or Dak has nothing but grass in front of him, you eat the ball, make them use another TO and punt.

If the Commanders had been able to save a timeout, the entire last drive for them is most likely different.
The Commanders seemed to call a number of early TO's, not something to waste, as we have discovered.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Deion was so sure of himself when asked when romo is back will he be the guy. He said no, not at all. Never cared for Deion. To me he was never a true cowboy

When Romo is back.
He is QB.

I take Great solace in the fact that Dak is there and can do the job.

We have a two headed QB monster of sorts... not a QB controversy.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Dak is promising . But , we are talking about an offense that hasn't thrown a TD pass in 2 straight games. Romo is still better at this point and gives us our best chance.

visionary

Reaction score
Romo will start once he is healthy but he should not be rushed back

Dak has a real chance to be the long term answer

"The best player on defense" is in his contract year (surprise surprise). Sorry I'm not falling for it and hope jerry isn't either

Carr is hopeless
The DL is bad, really really bad

tyke1doe

Reaction score

1. Because the best ability is AVAILABILITY and Romo hasn't been available as of lately.

2. I think Romo is a very, very, very good quarterback. But I haven't played professional football nor have I played beyond one year of football. And from what players have told me, there's a "sense" you get from other players who are the ones who have that "Joe Montana-esque" ability about themselves. Maybe players like Deion don't think Romo has what it takes to get the Cowboys to the Super Bowl.

3. The Cowboys are the No. 1 team in terms of ratings, clicks, generating interest, etc. So anything one can say to get their fans riled up, say it and watch the ratings/clicks/interest rise.

Take your pick. :)

khiladi

Reaction score
And if you were talking to a Garrett supporter, you'd have a point. I wanted him gone three years ago when he blew the huge half-time lead against Green Bay. The point remains. You can't trash him when he loses and not give him credit when he wins. It's intellectual cowardice and the act of a douchebag that doesn't have the mental capacity for objective thought. You don't have to like it or even acknowledge it. You also don't have to believe water is wet, either.

That's absolute hogwash. That's like saying you can't criticize Dez for dropping 3 balls and fumbling twice in a game they won. What you are alleging is basically intellectual cowardice, because it doesn't admit of weaknesses that the team has or flaws they need to correct to get better.

Cut the homerism in the guise of your supposedly exclusive lack of bias and your objectivity..

Dracula

Reaction score
On the other hand, it's going to be really pretty when we throw our first TD pass of the season in week 7. (P. S. please stop projecting your dumb fantasies into real life).
Let's compare your position vs mine.
You expect Romo, who wouldn't have played a down of football in nearly three months, to step right in and start throwing TD's against probably one of the better defenses in the league. That sounds like the textbook definition of fantasy.
fan·ta·sy
the faculty or activity of imagining things, especially things that are impossible or improbable

I am basing my opinion on what Prescott has done for us lately.