Game Day Cowboys vs Commanders post game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Not making excuses, just pointing out that it's not the norm and shouldn't be. They will have played 3 NFL games in 11 days. I think that's significant.

They get extra time after that though don't they?

knightrider94

Reaction score
well the steelers are about to be a winning team, so that's good. sadly if we beat the vikings next weak they are only a .500 team.

good news is if we lose to them we would have faced another winning team. maybe that gets us respect that a win wouldn't?
Crazy stuff, isn't it?

popp1234

Reaction score
They get extra time after that though don't they?

Yes they do, but it still doesn't make up for the hard haul they will go through during this tough stretch, IMO. Let's just say that they get "time owed" later than I would like.

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
Yes they do, but it still doesn't make up for the hard haul they will go through, IMO. Let's just say that they get "time owed" later than I would like.

It is what it is. The schedule had nothing to do with the loss today. The Cowboys were the better team

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Yes they do, but it still doesn't make up for the hard haul they will go through during this tough stretch, IMO. Let's just say that they get "time owed" later than I would like.

Fair enough. It all works out in the wash IMO....mostly.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
It is what it is. The schedule had nothing to do with the loss today. The Cowboys were the better team

Not sure. I'd say probably but this game was about as I feared it would be. They took the run out and made Dak work for it......which he did well enough.

drawandstrike

Reaction score
I don't understand the melt down about the Cowboys defense. Pitt hung 30 on us just 2 games ago, I don't remember people freaking out. I think this Commanders passing offense was WAY better than what Rothlisberger had to work with.

And we still robbed them of enough scoring opportunities to win the game.

popp1234

Reaction score

Got your point, but I think that tough stretch is significant. Far be it from me to make excuses for the Commanders, but I'm just being honest. :)

Last edited:

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I don't understand the melt down about the Cowboys defense. Pitt hung 30 on us just 2 games ago, I don't remember people freaking out. I think this Commanders passing offense was WAY better than what Rothlisberger had to work with.

And we still robbed them of enough scoring opportunities to win the game.

Yup... especially considering we are missing Church and Mo and played most of the 2nd half with Byron being gimpy and w/o Wilcox on the field.

IMO-- this D stepped up big in the red zone today. 6 points allowed in the first half! Huge... We get Church back next week and that should calm things down a bit back there.

We definitely need more from D Law and T Crawford though...I'm not expecting them to be all-pros, but they should be in the "Greg Ellis" category. Solid, fundamentally sound-- 8-10 sack per year players.

Status
Not open for further replies.