Cowboys Vs Eagles ***GAME THREAD*** 2nd Half

basilhayden

Reaction score
Jimz31;2530412 said:
Who's your QB then, Einstein?

NO matter who I mention right now YOU wouldn't agree with...

I guess that's why the management gets paid the big bucks.

Some people need to realize the team can't keep shooting itself in the foot with this QB....

I'm sorry you are afraid of change.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
brickman;2530422 said:
Fasten your seatbelts, kids. The next 24 - 48 hours should be very entertaining!
:bang2:

They'd better be.....I wanna see/hear fireworks in post game comments.....I want someone to cry/yell/meltdown.

This was the game that should make Jerry swallow his pride and demote himself as GM.....he may have an eye for talent, but he has no eye character or heart.

Wanting to win doesn't make anyone a GM....

Shotgun Dave

Reaction score
Ozzu;2530381 said:
Well, it's obvious to anyone who pulls their head out of their rear. There's quite a few around here who are pretty comfy in that position. :D

There are more than a few people on here, I believe, who don't understand football very well. It's always one person's fault. Romo is careless. Owens is a cancer. Pac-Man is a thug.

Whatever. Those thing may be true in some part but it's only PART of the story. The o-line has been ridiculously bad today - and that's a big part of why we've scored 6 points. Our secondary is pathetic. Even Newman played terribly today. The Pac-Man experiment was a total failure.

At this point, I think it's an issue of leadership. Jerry won't fire himself so the next logical thing to do would be to get rid of Wade and maybe a few others. I expect that to happen this week.

bysbox1

Reaction score
Juke99;2530419 said:
If Jerry really wanted to win, he'd fire himself as GM.

That's the bottom line..year after year.

Yep. You are right. And that's the basis of my 2009 theme . . .

"Insanity is doing some over and over again the exact same way and expecting different restults out of it."

The constant is Jerry Jones as GM. We keep doing the same thing over and over again and we expect to get better results . . .

If Jerry does not make the changes he IS insane . . . .

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
utrunner07;2530450 said:
well game over now the real fun begins. Jerry is going to be pissed. Will TO be in tears? Will Romo make more excuses? SO many things to watch for.

I doubt TO will be in tears considering the fact he was just laughing on the sidelines.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;2530446 said:
Are people honestly trying to pin this entire loss on Romo?

Riddle me this: Who has played well today?

Even better question: Has any player performed worse than any other player?

Every single Cowboy player is struggling and playing poorly because the Cowboy organization does not foster and perpetuate an environment that reinforces responsibility and accountability.

Stop treating symptoms and start focusing on the disease: Jerry Jones.

At some point people NEED to realize that the constant in the equation, season after season, is Jerry Jones.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Novacek84;2530411 said:
Jerry is now a younger version of Al Davis and look at that franchise (although they showed a lot of pride today vs. Tampa Bay). That is our future unless he hires a guy to run the whole show. You can say it will never happen but unless it does we are going to be Raiders south.
sticky that

:(

kbman

Reaction score
utrunner07;2530450 said:
well game over now the real fun begins. Jerry is going to be pissed. Will TO be in tears? Will Romo make more excuses? SO many things to watch for.

Wade will say, we need to play better..

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score

Every single Cowboy player is struggling and playing poorly because the Cowboy organization does not foster and perpetuate an environment that reinforces responsibility and accountability.

No, but in big games he falls apart. He can not handle pressure.

He is terrible in that position. And since QB is the fulcrum position on an NFL team, It's kinda important that the QB isn't like that.

MattMc33

Reaction score
Thanks for your updates all season Clove. I'm in Australia and sometimes we don't get Cowboys games on cable down here (although unfortunately I sat through that abomination today) so your play by play is very much appreciated. Great job.

Shotgun Dave

Reaction score
robjgrif;2530435 said:
Well if he was as good as Romo, he would find a way homer!

Don't resort to name-calling. You don't have the years under your belt to call me a homer. This team has plenty of problems. Just because I don't think they're the problems YOU think we have doesn't make me a homer.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Juke99;2530472 said:
At some point people NEED to realize that the constant in the equation, season after season, is Jerry Jones.

Can we fans do anything about it? Is there anyway we can expediate his exodus or, at the very least, force Jerry to relinquish his GM role?

toto1939

Reaction score
toto1939;2529155 said:
Any final score predictions?

Eagles 42 Cowboys 6 ???

Eagles doing us a favor...this team didn't deserve to be in the playoffs.

It is what it is.

Pretty good half time prediction

coogrfan

Reaction score

Wow...logic in the midst of the meltdown.

Props to you, sir. :bow: