Cowboys Vs Eagles ***Game Thread***

landryscorner

Reaction score
along with bledsoe , zimmer needs to take a hike too hes overrated, been there too long milking it in dallas we need fresh new defensive coach blood infused into the team and hes not it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J-DOG

Reaction score
Bledsoe commits 4 turnovers.

He also took a sack coming out of the 2 minute warning that was totally uncalled for.

He literally had at least 4-5 seconds to get the ball away.

You have to throw it away. Instead he took a sack for negative 12 yards and we have a 2nd and 22.

Glenn and Bledsoe made up for it on that long pass but Bledsoe still screwed it up.

He sucks on the road in divsional games.

Show me where he lit it up on road games within the division.

You can't because he hasn't.

landryscorner

Reaction score
I said it before and i'll say it again "BP gambled on height with Watking over Davis' experience and were paying for it"

lspain1

Reaction score
J-DOG;1076598 said:
He sucks on the road in divsional games.

Show me where he lit it up on road games within the division.

We're going to see Bledsoe for the rest of the season as long as the Cowboys are in the hunt because no change is gonna be made. If things go badly, we'll see Romo by the end. The team put up a stinker and Bledsoe had his second bad game out of four. I hope we see some improvement the next time we play a good team.

J-DOG

Reaction score
ZeroClub;1076537 said:
I agree with a part of this. Bledsoe is good enough to beat many teams. He's good enough to beat some good teams. But his weaknesses mean that he isn't going to beat any very good pressure teams....

So, what do you do? Play him anyway? If you play him, you'll finish 9-7 or 10-6, might make the playoffs, might even win a wild card playoff game, but then you are out. That wouldn't be a bad season. But is it really good enough?

It isn't an easy choice to go with Romo. There IS a very decent chance that with Romo, the Cowboys do even worse.

But at least we don't know Romo's ceiling yet. We don't know if by playing him, the Cowboys are incapable of beating the better pressure defenses (as we already know with Bledsoe).

Make no mistake about it, though. Bledsoe IS a big part of the reason why the Cowboys lost today.
Here is the thing about Romo though.
What has Philip Rivers been doing while in San Diego before he started....
Pretty much the same thing as Romo.
If San Diego can win with Rivers why can't the Cowboys win with Romo?

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
NickZepp;1076349 said:
But with Quincy Carter or Chad Hutchinson at QB we probably get killed today because they wouldn't just make the bad plays but they would not complete big passes or make plays to give us a shot to win. We are lucky to have a decent QB instead of QBs that shouldn't be playing at the NFL level. The difference in this game in the end was McNabb. The guy is having an MVP season.
I certainly don't think it is this simple. McNabb was a difference, sure. So were the blown coverages in the Dallas defense. Bledsoe's turnovers were huge. So was Bledsoe's relative immobility.

A mobile QB would have helped neutralize the Eagles' blitz. Routinely moving the pocket with a QB capable of fluid movement would have helped. Perhaps a few QB runs for gains would have kept the Eagles defense more honest too.

LilPlayaJosh

Reaction score
landryscorner;1076608 said:
I said it before and i'll say it again "BP gambled on height with Watking over Davis' experience and were paying for it"

It is a gamble but I doubt Keith Davis would have done anything different.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
J-DOG;1076647 said:
Here is the thing about Romo though.
What has Philip Rivers been doing while in San Diego before he started....
Pretty much the same thing as Romo.
If San Diego can win with Rivers why can't the Cowboys win with Romo?
I'm with you.

I think Romo is more risky, but I've wanted him to start ever since preseason.

I don't think Bledsoe's upside is high enough to get the Cowboys deep into the playoffs.

Given that, I don't think the Cowboys are losing much by seeing what Romo can do as a starter. Let him start, see how he develops under pressure.

If he does well, great.

If he doesn't, then at least you know it is time to pull a Ditka-Ricky Williams next draft day ... to trade your entire draft for the chance to draft the best possible QB prospect that you can possibly draft.

cowboyed

Reaction score
ZeroClub;1076782 said:
I'm with you.

I think Romo is more risky, but I've wanted him to start ever since preseason.

I don't think Bledsoe's upside is high enough to get the Cowboys deep into the playoffs.

Given that, I don't think the Cowboys are losing much by seeing what Romo can do as a starter. Let him start, see how he develops under pressure.

If he does well, great.

If he doesn't, then at least you know it is time to pull a Ditka-Ricky Williams next draft day ... to trade your entire draft for the chance to draft the best possible QB prospect that you can possibly draft.

Undoubtedly Bledsoe is a warrior, a quarterback with a lot of heart. But at his age he can't cope with the faster teams especially if the Oline is not a dominating one.

I believe Parcells biggest underachievement with the Cowboys is not bolstering the Oline.

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
I haven't seen a more pathetic display at QB in a while

you'll have to go back to the entire 2004 season with Vinny at the helm (God, please erase that year from my memory) to see worse

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
aw c'mon... you guys can't help me take this to 100 pages? it's sitting at 99

(I have my settings at 20 posts per page)

c'mon guys let's go