Cowboys Vs Eagles ***Game Thread***

NickZepp

Reaction score
burntricersx;1076264 said:
It not hard to lose a road game against a good team when you shoot yourself in the foot constantly. How times did Bledsoe get sacked today? How many picks did he throw? Didn't he also fumble a few?

But with Quincy Carter or Chad Hutchinson at QB we probably get killed today because they wouldn't just make the bad plays but they would not complete big passes or make plays to give us a shot to win. We are lucky to have a decent QB instead of QBs that shouldn't be playing at the NFL level. The difference in this game in the end was McNabb. The guy is having an MVP season.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
5Stars;1076275 said:
Good game! Congrats to you Eagles! Good luck the rest of the way! ;)

Gotta follow suit here. I hate the Iggles, but you've got to give credit where credit is due. Monster game by a very good team.

SS

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
How can anyone say that we don't need a change at QB???:confused:
I don't dislike Bledsoe ,but a change might be a good thing for the team, how can anyone say that we don't need a change?????
Start Romo, if he gets in trouble , bring in Drew.
I think I speak for most here "WE ARE GETTING TIRED OF THE SAME OLD THING WITH DREW"

Hey Bill, are you listening??????:D

ps; I want to hear how B.P. justifies starting Drew next week.
It Will be veddy intadesting.:laugh2:

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
viman96;1076334 said:
Wonder how Drew feels about his comments earlier in the week regarding the Eagles blitzing him.

:

wonder how Parcells feels...he has said the same thing

David

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's what happened today:

No pass rush and no coverage by the secondary. Bledsoe holding the ball too long when he was protected, but he usually wasn't. No communication between Bledsoe and the receivers. How many times did he throw the ball to the wrong place? A wasted 100 yard game by Julius and a lack of execution on both sides of the ball.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by viman96 View Post
Wonder how Drew feels about his comments earlier in the week regarding the Eagles blitzing him.

:

wonder how Parcells feels...he has said the same thing

David

Do you see BP lining up under center?

crazytown41

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;1076385 said:
Here's what happened today:

No pass rush and no coverage by the secondary. Bledsoe holding the ball too long when he was protected, but he usually wasn't. No communication between Bledsoe and the receivers. How many times did he throw the ball to the wrong place? A wasted 100 yard game by Julius and a lack of execution on both sides of the ball.
I agree

Kevinicus

Reaction score
KC10Sooner;1076318 said:
There was no cowboy there because Witten was held making his break. Go back and watch. What a joke?

No, the Eagles defender bumped Witten as he entered the endzone, a legal play. The defender fell down. At that point, where Witten was still facing towards the middle of the field, slightly off balance, Bledsoe threw the ball WAY outside of where Witten was, where nobody except an Eagle could catch it. Bledsoe was staring at the play the whole time, he just *** up the entire game. That play was 100% Bledsoe's fault, as were many others. He was putrid today, and was putrid in week 1. He wasn't great in weeks 2 and 3 (though not horrible). Romo deserves a shot. He at least ads the mobility factor. And definately is quicker at his decisions.

hooskins

Reaction score
I will tell you what guys, both our teams have playmakers. Both our QBs suck, and are not helping the team in the long run or short run. You guys have a better D, but the problem is both of our teams are much better than we are playing right now.

Overall I think both of our clubs would be the Top of NFC East if were not for poor QB play.

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
How will Parcells justify starting Bledsoe next week?

I mean, he can't bench 600 pounds like Vinny can (which is pretty much the only justification Parcells used on starting that idiot)

hmmmm... must do a background check to see if Parcells knows anyone in Bledsoe's family

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bill is about to speak in the post-game press conference and they're showing it on Fox.

hooskins

Reaction score
Basically when you guys are thinking that only you have an aging QB that sucks under pressure, think again.

ric

Reaction score
Illegal Conduct should have been called on Trotter vs Witten. Simple

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
NickZepp;1076263 said:
Drew isn't a great QB. But he can make all the throws when he has time. He'll beat good teams. He's better then anyone else we have at QB now or anyone we've had at QB since Aikman. But I agree he does hold the ball too long. And he did make some bad throws. But he wasn't why we lost today. The defense did their part and the Eagles just outplayed us.
I agree with a part of this. Bledsoe is good enough to beat many teams. He's good enough to beat some good teams. But his weaknesses mean that he isn't going to beat any very good pressure teams....

So, what do you do? Play him anyway? If you play him, you'll finish 9-7 or 10-6, might make the playoffs, might even win a wild card playoff game, but then you are out. That wouldn't be a bad season. But is it really good enough?

It isn't an easy choice to go with Romo. There IS a very decent chance that with Romo, the Cowboys do even worse.

But at least we don't know Romo's ceiling yet. We don't know if by playing him, the Cowboys are incapable of beating the better pressure defenses (as we already know with Bledsoe).

Make no mistake about it, though. Bledsoe IS a big part of the reason why the Cowboys lost today.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
hooskins;1076442 said:
I will tell you what guys, both our teams have playmakers. Both our QBs suck, and are not helping the team in the long run or short run. You guys have a better D, but the problem is both of our teams are much better than we are playing right now.

Overall I think both of our clubs would be the Top of NFC East if were not for poor QB play.

The natural make up of my being is totally against this foreign concept, but I have to agree with the Skins fan here. With play makers at the QB position, the Skins and the Cowboys are two COMPLETELY different teams.

SS

:star:

LilPlayaJosh

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;1075407 said:
Pathetic defense. Tackle the ****er when you can, who was that Watkins?

Find the bench, son.

Although I know Watkins screwed up I think your being alittle too harsh. I mean on that same play Greg Ellis missed a sack on McNabb that wouldn't even have allowed that TD to happen. So I'm guessing he should be benched as well. I thought we were going to take the bad with the good with this guy. I guess not.