Game Day ***Cowboys vs Eagles post game thread***

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
I'm sorry but this in on Garrett! You don't have your backup QB throwing the ball 46 times! Especially when the defense played a pretty good game. I just can't believe there's still people defending him!

basilhayden

Reaction score
We'll see. In my opinion, we played better than could have been expected tonight. Turnovers cost us, play calling did not. We're just second guessing again because it was another close loss.
OK Jerry. I didn't know you were a mod here also.

Zman5

Reaction score
We win if romo plays

Maybe but with JG's system, even Brady will most likely throw an INT at the end. When you throw that much using a very predictable offense, defense will eventually catch on to what you are doing and make a play at the later part of the game.

Fredd

Reaction score
My only pseudo-complaint is the 4th down call...Murray was pretty successful and yet he didn't get a run on 3rd down or 4th down...

...it was the correct call to go for it, but I would have tried to run there based on the rest of the game....

1LoyalCowboyFan

Reaction score
The ineptitude of Garrett is sickening. I tried giving him the benefit of the doubt. The process thing, yada yada. But the amount of passing compared to runs is just beyond baffling.This one hurts ladies and gentlemen, as it should. If he did take over play calling and this was all him then fire him.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
I'm sorry but this in on Garrett! You don't have your backup QB throwing the ball 46 times! Especially when the defense played a pretty good game. I just can't believe there's still people defending him!

Yeah. I mean, if we'd run the ball more, we definitely would have won. Definitely. No doubt about it. None whatsoever. Stupid Garrett.

9of11

Reaction score
I honestly laughed at that last play. People get pissed at Garrett smiling. What the hell do you want us to do? Cry? Be angry? Would that change anything?

I laughed too....i was kinda expecting something like this...just laugh man, just laugh...

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
The one thing I will say is this. Orton put up numbers in the Garrett offense. If Garrett had a great QB, this offense would probably be dominant. However, his management of the over all game is just horrible. I think he has a future as a coach in this league, he needs to be fired and go learn game management under an experienced head coach first.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
That just gives Garrett a pass. Orton played well and did what Romo does typically. Let's put the blame where it belongs. It shouldn't have even come down to this game in this awful division.

I wouldn't say Orton played well. He wasn't awful but he gave us a chance. Would've had a better chance had he put more of his passes on target.

Iron_Man

KevinU
Reaction score
I agree. The coach staff does not put their players in position to be successful. The team almost won despite the terrible coaching decisions. Despite the ownership, the fans know where the problems are lack of talent as a whole and coaching. It is not the play of the players.

The Cowboys are such a tease.

But they played well tonight considering the circumstances.

The Eagles are gonna get destroyed in the playoffs.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
The one thing I will say is this. Orton put up numbers in the Garrett offense. If Garrett had a great QB, this offense would probably be dominant. However, his management of the over all game is just horrible. I think he has a future as a coach in this league, he needs to be fired and go learn game management under an experienced head coach first.

Hopefully in the NFC East.