Game Day ***Cowboys vs Eagles post game thread***

kimrose

Reaction score
I'm absolutely loving Irvin on nfl network because he's so giddy and all he wants to talk about are his Cowboys. I love his passion for the boys and just for football in general.

I agree with you, Ohio. I love me some Michael Irvin. Always have. Show that Cowboys passion! The others don't mind their Cowboys hate, do they?? But I got one beef with Michael. Dez is MY son, not his! lol. He has been my son, who I adopted from afar, lol, from the minute we drafted him. I did not know him before that, but the minute I saw his soul when we drafted him, he was my son. And then after I heard his story, it was clenched. He will always have a loving Mamma down here in South Texas. One who doesn't want anything from him but to be a good boy and be the best man that he can be, for his family, his life, and his job. Whatever job that may be. For now, that job is with the Cowboys. And whatever yards in receptions he may lack because he is so well covered (and sometimes balls are thrown way over his head, hey), he makes up for in passion and Spirit. Nobody wants to win like Dez does.:thumbup:

wileedog

Reaction score
So all that rueing over Chip Kelly......do you guys now see how gimmicky that offense is and how it won't translate well when your offense is struggling? Nothing worse for a team than quick 3 and outs back to back.

In fariness, that was Mark Sanchez out there running it. He put up 27 on us with Mr. Buttfumble.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
In fariness, that was Mark Sanchez out there running it. He put up 27 on us with Mr. Buttfumble.

Yeah, I don't think you can call this a gimmick offense. That offense came back down 21. But Mark Sanchez missed some plays he should have made. He aint exactly Romo. ;)

TheDoctor

Reaction score
After the game I got a bit of a conundrum. so let me ask you guys. Would you rather have our Cowboys blow out that disgusting team or win the way we did? Which was go up big, allow them and their fans to get some hope only to snatch it back away.

I wanted them destroyed but now that I ponder it I enjoy them thinking "Romo will chokez" only for him and the defense to put the dagger into their cheesesteak filled hearts.

DIE EAGLES DIE, ON THE ROAD TO PURGATORY.

Plankton

Reaction score
This team was on a mission tonight. Much more focused, much better prepared, and demonstrated far more resolve than on Thanksgiving.

The Eagles, to a large extent, lost this game on the opening kickoff. It showed that they were going to be a step slow all night long. They didn't react to the short kickoff, and the Cowboys accepted the early gift, and took the lead. Getting off to a good start was absolutely critical for the Cowboys, and the momentum continued on the defensive side. Two three and outs, and the Cowboys answered each one of those with touchdowns. Being up 21-0 put a lot of pressure on the Eagles, took the crowd out of the game, and gave them a cushion for the inevitable rally by the Eagles.

The rally came, and the Cowboys lost momentum. The defense began to crater, the offensive line was no longer clean, and the Eagles seemingly took control of the game. Following a Romo fumble where both he and Ron Leary lost their minds (more on Leary later), the Eagles took the lead, and looked to be in a position to start the avalanche on the Cowboys.

If this was a previous season, perhaps that would have happened. In 2014, this is a completely different team.

The Cowboys answered this bit of adversity, and a revived crowd with an 8 play, 78 yard touchdown drive. They took control of the game back, and never let it go. The next Eagle possession, interception by J.J. Wilcox, who played a terrific game. The Cowboys went on to cash this in with a touchdown, and pushed the lead to a two score game. Then, after the Eagles closed to within 8 with a FG, and stopped the Cowboys on third and short, Wilcox again made a huge, game changing play, stripping Brent Celek. The Cowboys added a FG to regain a two score lead. Then, the defensive line began to assert themselves, with back to back sacks, and pressure that resulted in a game clinching interception by Bruce Carter.

This was an outstanding team win. Great job by the coaching staff in preparing the team, and instilling in them a sense of resolve that they haven't had in years.

Heroes tonight:
  • Dez Bryant - 3 TDs, and complete domination of Bradley Fletcher.
  • DeMarco Murray - though the numbers won't show it (2.6 ypc), his 31 carries had a lot to do with the Cowboys amassing a 41:55 to 18:05 time of possession edge.
  • Jason Witten - three key third down conversions in this game, and allowed the Cowboys to jump out to the big early lead.
  • Tony Romo - played a terrific game, and hung in there when the pocket began to break down in the third quarter.
  • Tyron Smith - yes, he committed two bad penalties, but he absolutely abused Trent Cole all night long.
  • Jeremy Mincey - two big sacks.
  • Tyrone Crawford - two sacks of his own, and a big key in holding LeSean McCoy to only 64 yards.
  • J.J. Wilcox - caused two huge turnovers that swung the game back in the Cowboys' direction.
  • Dan Bailey - key with the short initial kickoff and making a 49 yard field goal to push the lead back to two scores in the 4th quarter.
  • Jason Garrett - had his team ready to play tonight, and his challenge of the Celek fumble was key to the win.
Goats tonight:
  • Ron Leary - he has been awful in both Eagle games this year. His standing around after Romo fumbled just caps a brutal night.
  • Brandon Carr - should know better than to gamble on out routes with his lack of speed and quickness - can't give up 72 yards on a third and long.
  • Chris Jones - terrible punt after the Eagles had cut the Cowboy lead to 21-7, and the Cowboys had to punt. I know they were trying to limit the damage from Darren Sproles, but that was ridiculous.
Terrific win. I really enjoyed this one - no fan base deserves misery more than the Eagle fan base. To beat them in Philadelphia is great, and now the Cowboys control their destiny. No rest for the weary - the Colt offense will present quite the challenge.

After the game, this was what I felt like:

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think you can call this a gimmick offense. That offense came back down 21. But Mark Sanchez missed some plays he should have made. He aint exactly Romo. ;)
Please, if we had a halfway decent defense ... in the 2nd half we were all over their tail .... backed up to the goal line 3rd and 20 something ... they ran the ball through 10 tackles and picked up a first down plus 30 more yards.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
After the game I got a bit of a conundrum. so let me ask you guys. Would you rather have our Cowboys blow out that disgusting team or win the way we did? Which was go up big, allow them and their fans to get some hope only to snatch it back away.

I wanted them destroyed but now that I ponder it I enjoy them thinking "Romo will chokez" only for him and the defense to put the dagger into their cheesesteak filled hearts.

DIE EAGLES DIE, ON THE ROAD TO PURGATORY.

I liked the way they won, Dallas showed some resiliency.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
We've waited a long time for this moment..

this team did something tonight we all can be proud of.

i know i'm happy as hell.

we should roll from here on out..

impose the will.

when we get a true defense....things are going to be good around here for quite awhile.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Please, if we had a halfway decent defense ... in the 2nd half we were all over their tail .... backed up to the goal line 3rd and 20 something ... they ran the ball through 10 tackles and picked up a first down plus 30 more yards.

And if the Eagles had a more than decent quarterback ... . That argument cuts both ways. But I don't want to argue. We won. We beat the Eagles. We're a head of them for the eastern division crown. I'd rather focus there and focus on beating the Colts next week. :)

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
And if the Eagles had a more than decent quarterback ... . That argument cuts both ways. But I don't want to argue. We won. We beat the Eagles. We're a head of them for the eastern division crown. I'd rather focus there and focus on beating the Colts next week. :)

I'll see your QB to my defense:)

mldardy

Reaction score
eagles postgame making excuses. one even saying it hurts because the eagles are far more talented.

So sick of hearing that. THey really aren't.
QB1 definitely not,
RB even at best they have a slight edge,
WR we have the edge,
TE us,
oline please you know the answer,
DBs even,
Dline them
K Bailey with the slight edge
P even I guess,
Special teams them
Coach them I guess but not by much

The bottom line is all this talk about how Philly is the better team and has more talent is bs. They don't.