Game Day ***Cowboys vs Eagles Post game thread***

CCBoy

Reaction score
I'd hate to hear most of you guys describing battles as they develop in a theatre's fronts.

Some how this team will hang in there and keep on chunking lead down range...and with success.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Reading on twitter Eagles lost Kiko Alonzo for the year. May have torn ACL again.

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Reading on twitter Eagles lost Kiko Alonzo for the year. May have torn ACL again.

That's awful. The graft is supposed to be strong than the original ACL itself. That being said, my wife also tore through her graft.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
demarco.jpg

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
two least enjoyable wins in Cowboys history?

I know I feel like we've lost both games with Dez going out in the first one and now Romo.

It shows how fleeting opportunities are in this league when you just miss like Dallas did last year. Now, we've got to hope that the defense can continue playing well enough to help us endure this stretch of games with Weeden at QB. He has been a .500 QB in the past and I think that's the best we can hope for unless our D is simply dominant and our line and backs can establish a ball-control run game.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Lucky's luck may have run out.

Adding a backup QB to the roster they may have to let someone go, Unless someone goes on IR to return. Hope Romo will be back before then.

I figure we'll IR Romo is his injury is expected to take eight weeks.

gimmesix

Reaction score
This is how I handle loss. I'm about to enter 8 weeks of Brandon Weeden under center. If I didn't laugh about it, I'd be swinging over my drain pipe in the shower right now.

It's got so much potential for ugly, you either laugh or cry.

I sure hope this defense is capable of carrying the load. It's either been great so far, but I've got to believe it's benefited some for facing two fairly inept offenses.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's got so much potential for ugly, you either laugh or cry.

I sure hope this defense is capable of carrying the load. It's either been great so far, but I've got to believe it's benefited some for facing two fairly inept offenses.

Are the Eagles an inept offense? They put up over 20 points in the 2nd half in Atlanta.

I think we'd be shortchanging the defense just attributing these performances to bad offenses.

gimmesix

Reaction score
After thinking about it, I'm feeling good about Weeden playing as a backup. Hasn't he thrown a TD last in each of the games he's entered in relief of Romo (Commanders, Colts, Eagles). We need to start Kellen Moore then bring in Weeden and the other team won't know what hit them.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Are the Eagles an inept offense? They put up over 20 points in the 2nd half in Atlanta.

I think we'd be shortchanging the defense just attributing these performances to bad offenses.

I don't know. They were pretty inept for two quarters against Atlanta.

I think it might be a combination of the offenses we faced not being real good right now -- the blocking and Bradford stunk in this one -- and our defense playing pretty well. Of course, it helps that our offense likes to play keep-away.

It's hard to judge until we see a few more games just how good the defense is. Of course, it's exciting to think it's playing pretty well overall with probably its top two pass rushers not on the field and one of its top linebackers.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Man, this season has been brutal so far..........Dez out with a broken foot, Romo out with a broken collarbone:banghead:

Weeden for 8-10 weeks:facepalm:

ShiningStar

Reaction score
3 weeks ago, talking playoffs, great offseason, than like a house of cards and you pull 1 card. 2-0 and its sinking fast, sadly i have confidence in the coaches to come up with something, Might not get us in the playoffs but mgiht work. I also think we have to cater and have a strong showing or Hardy wont re sign up.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I don't think they imagined them looking this bad vs the Cowboys.

All week it was "well look at the Vegas line." Eskin said there was no way the Eagles lose this game. They talked about how they were going to walk up and down the field on this defense.

I really think this is going to be a week where a lot of the callers are going to do be jumping off the Chip wagon.

Agree... the Titanic in Philly has set sail.......