Game Day ***Cowboys vs Eagles post game thread***

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Good effort tonight by our team, but the pick 6 and a couple of defensive lapses cost us the game... Some credit has to go to the Eagles who played a pretty good game... Cassel played really well overall, but that pick 6 was killer! We were already in FG range, that one play resulted in a 10 point swing... And how bad do we need to sign either Eric Weddle or Tashaun Gipson to play Safety for us next season? I mean JJ wilcox, Barry Church, and Jeff Heath, these might be the 3 worst players on our roster at any position... I don't think a single team in the league would want to sign any of these guys as a starting Safety... And I'm not going to hate on Lee for getting concussed, it was a freakish play and the dude took a really hard blow to the head, but losing him also hurt...

We need to replace almost the entire secondary...AGAIN!

George

a legend in your own mind
Reaction score
We can win out. I really don't believe it but I want to be the first one to say it if it happens.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
We needed the ST coach to show some leadership , chew out Marinelli, and knock the clipboard out of his hands.

popp1234

Reaction score
Every single season we deal with the same issues. If the offense is on, defense is off. Defense is on, offense sucks. We can never fully pull it together. This has been a CONSTANT problem for years.

I had a glimmer of hope for this season until this game. We needed this one. Any thoughts of really getting in the playoffs now is delusional. We just don't play smart. Had we, these close games would have been wins.

We aren't going to tank. Romo would never sit when healthy, that's just not who he is. 7-9 mediocrity here we come.

Meanwhile, listening to the news post game about how this would be the 13th straight at least 10 win season for the Pats. Must be nice.

That is my worst nightmare. Seriously.

Deep_South

Reaction score
I guess we need to find out why our D falls apart in the 4th quarter. Is it the players, the coaching, or both? In any case, it's easier to fire the coach than all of the players.

PoundTheRock

Reaction score
I'm a patient man but it's time to start looking for a new coach.

Too late now. No way Jerry Jones is gonna give Garrett 25 million dollars to stay at home and pay another coach that much money. He should've been gone years ago, but NAH.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Good effort tonight by our team, but the pick 6 and a couple of defensive lapses cost us the game... Some credit has to go to the Eagles who played a pretty good game... Cassel played really well overall, but that pick 6 was killer! We were already in FG range, that one play resulted in a 10 point swing... And how bad do we need to sign either Eric Weddle or Tashaun Gipson to play Safety for us next season? I mean JJ wilcox, Barry Church, and Jeff Heath, these might be the 3 worst players on our roster at any position... I don't think a single team in the league would want to sign any of these guys as a starting Safety... And I'm not going to hate on Lee for getting concussed, it was a freakish play and the dude took a really hard blow to the head, but losing him also hurt...

Heath just having a roster spot tells you how bad we are at the Safety spot. He has no business taking up a roster spot and I swear Jimmy Johnson would have cut several guys by now.

jgboys1

Reaction score
I think this is a bit unfair...the offense answered the bell twice. It's the defense that couldn't do its job.
I was blaming the D. The D has let us down year after year. They have been soft for so long.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
Fire Garrett.

Fire Marinelli.

Fire Linehan.

Fire everybody.

A DISGRACE. An EMBARASSMENT.

WE WERE IN ALL OF THESE GAMES. except New England and we can't win ONE. We had every opportunity to take this game just like the other ones and we find a way to lose the football game. It's unbelievable. At some point you have to show some ******* accountability. PATHETIC. **** you Jerry for wasting another year for Romo.

We got beat by the same play over and over again and why in God's name Rod do you continue to play that scrub Hayden when you have a far superior player in Irving? WHY? Wake up moron. How can you get beaten by the same play over and over again? How can you play so conservative? We were blitzing early and you went away from it.

Our offense continues to be so vanilla. We needed Dez to make a circus catch just to keep us in this game. We never move him. We never use different formations. Same bull**** on every running play. The heavy 12 personnel. I'm so sick of the lack of creativity. It's no wonder no backup QB can succeed here. Pathetic. Just absolutely pathetic. This team is a walking embarassing and a disgrace.

Boom.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Other than the Thanksgiving Day game, I might not watch another game this season. It will be the first time in my 53 years that has happened. I watched every game even in the 1-15 season in 1989. I knew we sucked and would lose but I watched. This team has the talent to win but not the brains, coaching, or guts. I'll do something else on Sunday the rest of the year.

Reactions: QT

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Jerry Likes being a laughingstock. He believes in the old saying...any publicity is good publicity! Now lets hit him in the wallet! I'm canceling my trip to Dallas this December. If he doesn't care, why should we?