Game Day Cowboys vs Eagles post game thread

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Sanchez is a crappy backup.

And Iif this team can't summon up a top effort in two weeks in a home divisional playoff game, it won't be because the starters didn't play today. If they are so weak that they can't get motivated for a playoff game, it's their fault and it's a cop out to blame Garrett. Red did the right thing today, as well as last week.

The starters should have played the first half at least.

TheHerd

Reaction score
The starters should have played the first half at least.

I thought we'd see them more as well. Philly is known as a notoriously dirty team, maybe that played a part. I was surprised Lee and Zeke didn't play at all, but I'm in wit it.

TheHerd

Reaction score
I think Lee could have used the rest, Zeke too. We're going to be riding the Zeke train heavily from here on out.
I don't disagree with you, it just surprised me a bit both sat.

I'm not on the side of resting players being a bad thing. If a team loses in the playoffs after resting, I think it's lazy to blame a loss on that.

Last edited:

Aven8

Reaction score
I think we made a mistake today being scared and resting players. I'd have much preferred doing what the Giants did.

We shall see how they respond.

I think so as well. If I were JG I would have wanted the best record in Cowboys history and the league. All the stuff about playing to win etc last week proved to be a load of bull this week.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Garrett blinked and this guy didn't....

11891230_ben-mcadoo-inspired-giants-with-game-of_ae3366a9_m.jpg

ksadler1

Reaction score
Man...I really think that we are just 2-3 pieces away from being perennial super bowl contenders.
It's close. So dang close

I agree. I've been saying all year that we're still 1 or 2 years away and l truly believe that. We need a speed WR badly and a dependable secondary. I'm not saying we can't win the SB with this team but I think it's gong to take perfect games in the playoffs. We just don't have the depth yet.....

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
I think so as well. If I were JG I would have wanted the best record in Cowboys history and the league. All the stuff about playing to win etc last week proved to be a load of bull this week.

he cant win. he sat players and ppl are complaining.

if he starts zeke and he goes down for the season he would be getting drilled.

im ok w it. like i read before if we dont beat either gb or ny @ home in the playoffs we have no business in the SB. its time to walk the talk.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Okay, it's been a few hours for me to ponder... Tony hasn't played in over a year. He looked great out there! I'm a Dakamaniac, but I cannot deny what I saw from Tony. His quick reads and passes were magical. Uh-oh.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
It's certainly not difficult for me. You're going to pay him $19 million whether he's here or he's not here. So we're just talking about the $5 million. If that's the difference between having a 2015 Dallas Cowboys team and a 2016 Dallas Cowboys team, I'll take the latter.

Exactly, that is what people are forgetting.

Romo is scheduled to make $24 million next year and $19 million is guaranteed. So he gets the $19 million if he is sitting on the bench in Dallas or starting for Denver or the Jets or whoever. So we are only talking about $5 million difference in him not being here compared to moving him or releasing him. Regardless of what happens, Romo gets his $19 million.

The $19 million is a sunk cost, you cant do anything about it so its not relevant to your decision making. The only decision to make is pretty simple, is Romo worth $5 million. (this is the marginal cost you would incur to keep Romo).

Most fans would say yes, Romo is worth an extra $5 million. I really don't see any upside in paying Romo $19 million to go play for the Broncos or Jets. Only way I move Romo is if a team offered me a high 1st round pick or if Romo came to me and asked me to release him so he could pick a new team himself, and that release would only be out of respect for what Romo has done for this franchise.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
RT, top LBer, ball hawk for the secondary, pass rusher.

We might have three on the roster already with Collins, J Smith, Gregory. I'm not really counting on Gregory,so the draft has to be about those defenders .

That list sort of reads like what every team needs beyond QB.