Game Day Cowboys vs Eagles post game thread

TheHerd

Reaction score
He didn't have his best game...but people actually point to stuff like that as a way to knock Free down.

Free's issue is that speed rushers own him. He has to sell it so hard to not get beat immediately to the outside that he is open to other moves.

John813

Reaction score
Sorry if I missed it somewhere but how did Cleary look throughout the game?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
We took our foot off the gas pedal. Mostly because our head coach is a scared, spineless, weak willed Sally. I literally can't stand the sight of him on the sidelines.

Hopefully we can flip the switch two weeks from now. Some teams have, some haven't.

As an aside, Tony Romo proved he is infinitely more talented than Prescott. The offense struggled with the fraudulent starter, hummed with Romo, then went right back to struggling when a similar lesser player was put in.

If the Cowboys do lose in the divisional round you'll be left to wonder not only what if we had a man as a head coach who kept his foot on the throttle but also what if we had started our best QB? Would it have been different? It might be impossible to answer definitively but those feelings alone should cause you to develop an intense hatred for Dak Prescott.

If you truly are a Cowboys fan.

Other than that, Go Cowboys.
Well I agree with parts of your post , not all just the underlined.
Giants did it right, starters played, in meaningless game, and they will have momentum going into playoffs.
no one got hurt.

@ you, no reason to hate Dak, it isnt his fault, he doesnt make the decisions.
Tony is better in some ways, but also has flaws Dak doesnt.
And Dak is the better game mgr.
Tony looked good, but it was only one drive, against a not so good team.
I would have played him longer. 4 passes is a joke.

I think not playing to win, playing scared of injuries was a mistake, I guess we will find out in 2 weeks.
Also these guys deserved a chance to get the 14th win, and you cant say that wont bother them at all.
If they win SB maybe that makes up for it, but if they lose game 1 or 2, then they will regret not going for that record.

I wonder if JG is telling them to give away their Div champ hats , shirts, etc, because they have loftier goals ??

Aside from Tony's Td drive, this was a horrible ending to a great season.

manster4ever

Reaction score
Romos trade value just sky rocketed!

Let's hope so. In reality, every GM KNOWS he can still play. Question is can he stay healthy? I'm thinking that the Broncos, Bills and Jets are willing to give a high 2nd rounder to roll the dice. Hell, the Jets used a 2nd rounder on HACKENBERG.... most people had him rated as a 5th rounder. So...yeah.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Pretty sure Zeke will. Did you see the look on his face all game? He'll be out there with his hair on fire our first playoff game.

Yes, yes. Agreed. But it's gonna take a concerted Zeke-size effort. I'm concerned about the others.

What we learned:

Romo is still sharp, but we still don't know if he can take a hit.

Gregory is fast and if he can stay off the pot and get a little bit more experience, he's going to be a terror at defensive end. (Remember, he was going against Jason Peters, one of the best tackles in the game).

Romo and Dak were doing well behind this offensive line, enough to sustain drives, and that without Zeke.

This defense needs Sean Lee.

I can't imagine what counsel Sanchez could give Dak.

Sanchez... he's a good back up. That's all he is.
Counsel - he's still an experienced QB and he has lots of counsel value there.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Let's hope so. In reality, every GM KNOWS he can still play. Question is can he stay healthy? I'm thinking that the Broncos, Bills and Jets are willing to give a high 2nd rounder to roll the dice. Hell, the Jets used a 2nd rounder on HACKENBERG.... most people had him rated as a 5th rounder. So...yeah.

Would Romo really want to go to NY and the Jets? And the Broncos' head coach just announced his retirement. That organization may undergo a philosophical shift and depending on who is coach, he may want to start over and just go with Lynch.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Yes, yes. Agreed. But it's gonna take a concerted Zeke-size effort. I'm concerned about the others.

Sanchez... he's a good back up. That's all he is.
Counsel - he's still an experienced QB and he has lots of counsel value there.

Sanchez is a crappy backup.

And Iif this team can't summon up a top effort in two weeks in a home divisional playoff game, it won't be because the starters didn't play today. If they are so weak that they can't get motivated for a playoff game, it's their fault and it's a cop out to blame Garrett. Red did the right thing today, as well as last week.

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
In 2010 we were at the ESPN Super Bowl party in Miami, Sanchez (albeit politely) denied my cute Asian chick friend a pic request, she subsequently put a curse on him.....True story, dude is finished.