Game Day Cowboys vs Eagles post game thread

lukin2006

Reaction score
Romo looked sharp, no doubt...

Romo is 36, been injured long term in 3 of the last 5 games he's played. as a backup, I'd be fine with him, coming in if Dak struggles in the playoffs, I'd also be fine with...but he's no longer the future at QB in Dallas.

bark

Reaction score
Well and what if the def piece is a thornton, and then Dak gets hurt ??
What if Dak regresses or was a 1 year wonder?
Keeping tony 1 more year is the smartest move.
These are all good points.
My question is what if tony demands a trade or release?
He has been great about it so far but he could certainly sour on it in the offseason

DFWJC

Reaction score

Great stuff from Dak. 100% true.

They've been saying he looks great in practice, whether its carving up our defense with the scout team or running with the regulars. He had looked great all preseason and even in the limited reps in the games, was 5 of 6.
Now he gives us a nice drive in a regular game.
Admirable depth at QB for our Cowboys

Last edited:

CowboyStar88

Reaction score

I have a lot of respect for this kid, and honestly we couldn't ask for a better guy to takeover. He brings respect to this team in the way Roger, Troy and Tony have.

He's obviously a fan of Romo because he's been a Cowboys fan his whole life. It was great to see 9 back there as a fan of the Cowboys. I appreciate all he's done for this team. But it's Daks team and I'm good with that.

Rockdoc

Reaction score
giants using same formula they used to beat us.
yep
and unless we have figured out a way to beat it. we will need romo if we play them.
i think teams need to go max protection so the qb has a chance to let the WRs get open

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
What we will learn - how does this team come out and play a stinker of a game and extra rest. I would preferred that they played to win like the Pats did today (as usual)...
Pats were playing for HFA. We had HFA already locked up.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
We still have to spend some money to find a QB, so subtract that from the $5 million...and why bother paying other positions if you lose your starting QB and the backup can't play?
Besides the draft picks Romo nets you mean?

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
DougFree_original_original.gif
What is Free supposed to do there?