Game Day *** Cowboys vs Eagles pregame thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motorola

Reaction score
Per 506 Sports - the Mid-Atlantic region (home to 3/4 of the NFC East) along with Texas, its border states, most of Kansas, southwest Missouri, Memphis metro area, and most of Alabama (?) gets Eagles @ Cowboys on FOX.
The rest of the nation gets Rams @ Seahawks.
Simultaneously - the flexed Panthers @ Football Team game is on CBS and being shown in northern Georgia (metro Atlanta), the Carolinas, and the "DMV" --District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia.
Enjoy the battles for the playoffs\ higher seeding.

Creeper

Reaction score
Another horrible mental image to remove the picture of Jerry Jones from you heads:

The Cowboys rush defense ranks last in the league in yards given up/ yards per game (161.8). They are tied for last in yards per carry (5.0). They are tied for last in 1st downs given up rushing, and tied for 25th for rushing TDs. The Cowboys opponents have more rushing attempts than any team in the league, except Detroit who has played their 15th game already.

The Eagles offense ranks 12th in the league in rushing offense, but they are 2nd in the league in yards per carry. They average 5.1 yards per run, while the Cowboys give up an average of 5.0 yards per carry. While the Eagles average 125 yards per game rushing, they have average 181 yds per game with Jalen Hurts starting at QB.

The Cowboys will be without Antuan Woods and LVE today. On paper this is a huge mismatch.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
If Zeke isn't 100% can he please sit out. I mean a leg injury slowing down a already slower zeke. Can we please roll with Pollard again. Zeke isn't explosive enough for this oline. Also Pollard is better catching the ball and making things happen. With the way this oline is I think Pollard is more of a fit. Better catching, more explosive and can make guys miss. Zeke not 100% do we really need a hobbled zeke out there? Unless we are trying to keep the tank alive which I don't mind. No use winning games to get a worst player in the draft. We need all the help we can get mainly on defense. League worst rush defense.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
You'll have to ban me from the thread.
I'm rooting for the Eagles.
You'll thank me on draft day.
Is the difference in picking 8th vs 12th going to turn this franchise around? I at least get the argument when they were in the running for a top 3 pick. Any more not so much.

I’d much rather see the team play better than increase draft position by a negligible amount.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
If Zeke isn't 100% can he please sit out. I mean a leg injury slowing down a already slower zeke. Can we please roll with Pollard again. Zeke isn't explosive enough for this oline. Also Pollard is better catching the ball and making things happen. With the way this oline is I think Pollard is more of a fit. Better catching, more explosive and can make guys miss. Zeke not 100% do we really need a hobbled zeke out there? Unless we are trying to keep the tank alive which I don't mind. No use winning games to get a worst player in the draft. We need all the help we can get mainly on defense. League worst rush defense.
Personally I’d rather sit zeke either way. Give pollard an extended look, save some mileage on zekes body, and worst case we end up making the playoffs with a fully healthy and rested zeke.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Personally I’d rather sit zeke either way. Give pollard an extended look, save some mileage on zekes body, and worst case we end up making the playoffs with a fully healthy and rested zeke.

And a worn down Pollard?

Pffft. This is why you're here posting and not coaching.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Local game day show.
now there was a thread on Cowboys not having any pro-bowl players, the 1st time since 1989.

They just said since 2014, the Eagles have had 1 pro-bowler...Wentz.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Local game day show.
now there was a thread on Cowboys not having any pro-bowl players, the 1st time since 1989.

They just said since 2014, the Eagles have had 1 pro-bowler...Wentz.

Fletcher Cox hasn't made any probowls between 2014 and this season? That strikes me as odd.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Even when I was marginally team tank, I couldn't root for the team whose fans cheered Irvin's injury and threw batteries at Santa.

The Eagles are the bane of my sports existence. They'll never even get a tanking nod from me.

PLUCK THE EAGLES!

Status
Not open for further replies.