Game Day ***Cowboys vs Falcons 2nd half game thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

mldardy

Reaction score
I don't understand why people seem hesitant to blame multiple parties for this loss.

Did the D stink? Of course. But Weeden was pretty terrible in the 2nd half. So therefore, I think it's perfectly fine to blame the QB.

I don't care what anyone says, but if your QB can't even muster ONE DRIVE in an entire half.......... he's failed.

I don't get this. How was he terrible in the 2nd half. He didn't turn the ball over. Penalties killed the drive at the start of the 2nd half. He did what he was supposed to do with his abilities and what was given to him. The game was lost on not being able to run the ball and the defense in the 2nd half. it's really hard for me to put much of the blame on Weeden.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This is what amazes me.. The offense did nothing, absolutely nothing, all 2nd half but yet it's all the defenses fault?

What the.. Maybe if we would have actually picked up a 1st down or few they wouldn't have been so gased.

The offense doing nothing the second half kept the defense on the field. The D has struggled against the run but they spent too much time on the field in the second half due to the offense and Weeden being ineffective.

Joe_Fan

Continuity Is Overrated
Reaction score
I cannot not believe a Professional football team, Our Cowboys did not attempt a single pass downfield....AMAZING!!!

But hey, it's 100% the defenses fault. Never mind the fact that we only had the ball about 5 minutes all 2nd half.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
This game is on both the O and the D. Just because the O got 28 points in the first half does not excuse the Offense from doing nothing in the 2nd half. And if this D can't step up without Romo and Dez then it will be too late by the time that they come back

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Just a frustrating second half, all around. We got beat on both sides of the ball at the end. Weeden isn't capable of beating a team on his own, but we knew that going in. To win, we were going to have to make it hard on ATL to throw the ball, and they were playing pitch and catch in that second half.

Yeah, but you also dont see Atl jumping False starts opening a drive inside the 50, then holding. the end of half management was typical trash....taking a TO with first and goal at 1 with 46 seconds left. Its the same dumb crap been seeing for years

Wayne02

Reaction score
I don't understand why people seem hesitant to blame multiple parties for this loss.

Did the D stink? Of course. But Weeden was pretty terrible in the 2nd half. So therefore, I think it's perfectly fine to blame the QB.

I don't care what anyone says, but if your QB can't even muster ONE DRIVE in an entire half.......... he's failed.

Weeden is awful, we all know and knew that but it's the Homer in many of these posters that made people think that he was going to magically become a decent QB.

Joe_Fan

Continuity Is Overrated
Reaction score
The offense doing nothing the second half kept the defense on the field. The D has struggled against the run but they spent too much time on the field in the second half due to the offense and Weeden being ineffective.

Exactly. That's why it's stupid to put it all on the D.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
"If" is a powerful word I hear and doesn't mean crap! Let's let this play out for more than one game, before we say the season is over.

I haven't said the season is over but things are going to have to improve on both sides of the ball if we're going to stay afloat without Romo and Dez.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
So about that dropped 4th and 4 that was on the numbers? Was that the cluth that you were talking about?

The game was over. Go back and watch Detroit game, Seattle game.

I get it, some of you wannabe Cowboy fans dislike a player continue to come up with lies to try and support why you dislike him. You don't like the fact he catches with his body just say that but more times then not Williams makes the clutch catch

Joe_Fan

Continuity Is Overrated
Reaction score
There is no way defense was going to stop Ryan to Julio in the second half.

Exactly. So knowing this wouldn't you think our offense coordinator would have made some adjustments to try to control the clock and keep Ryan and Jones off the field?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Weeden is awful, we all know and knew that but it's the Homer in many of these posters that made people think that he was going to magically become a decent QB.

I heard it here that Weeden was going to make us forget Romo. lol

ccb04

Reaction score
Disappointed given the start & multiple double-digit leads. But it would've been the equivalent of the Falcons playing without Ryan & Jones (Tony & Dez)...plus a host of defensive starters. The 28 points should've been enough under most any circumstance...but missing too many horses...like Hardy, Gregory, McClain x2, Leary, Mincey, Scandrick, ect.

mldardy

Reaction score
Is that a rhetorical question?

How was he terrible. What did he do that was terrible in the 2nd half. Did he cost us the game in the 2nd half. The start of the 2nd half started with two penalties that killed that drive. From there the defense couldn't stop the Falcons. We also couldn't run the ball. What parts of those make Weeden to blame and Weeden is terrible?

Joe_Fan

Continuity Is Overrated
Reaction score
The game was over. Go back and watch Detroit game, Seattle game.

I get it, some of you wannabe Cowboy fans dislike a player continue to come up with lies to try and support why you dislike him. You don't like the fact he catches with his body just say that but more times then not Williams makes the clutch catch

Uhh, when you continually drop passes that's not a lie.

Yes, he has made some big catches for us no doubt but he has also dropped more than his fair share of passes that have been drive killers.

But go ahead, homer on about how great he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.