Game Day ***Cowboys vs Falcons Post game thread ***

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Several players stepped up. Armstrong got some pressure and a sack. Parsons got a sack. Jourdan Lewis played possibly his best game with several PBUs that stopped the Falcons from moving. Atlanta got a field goal on its first drive and I thought we might be in for a long day against on defense, but they just kept making play after play. When the Falcons failed on fourth-and-7 in our territory, the defense just shut them down from there. Worst game of the season for Matt Ryan and one of the worst in his career as the defense kept him uncomfortable in the pocket and made plays on the ball even when he did make a good throw.
Don't forget 3 ints, by Diggs, Brown, and Lewis!

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Line can be so much better with McGovern playing. Williams has reached his peak and the guy has like 13 penalties. That’s insane . Once Tyron gets back too. Mcgovern has a lot of potential and just being wasted

It's kind of funny, though, that McGovern played a lot fewer snaps in the offensive line than Williams and got a holding call. Williams, in the meantime, gets blasted for every mistake he makes.

Not saying I don't think Williams is replaceable, just that when fans make up their mind about a player, all they can see are the bad plays.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
The reason our offense is unstoppable with all three receivers is that you have the opponents 3rd corner guarding CeeDee. Yeah, um, no.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I'm actually starting to dig McGovern @FB. He just creates space in the run game. But your point is well taken...

Noticed on a pass we threw to Pollard that McGovern was in there at fullback and actually ran a route. He was open, too. Also, loved the play design on the screen to Lamb where we lined McGovern up as one of the four "receivers" on that side of the field. Had a key block there.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Rocy---that 14-3 post on your sight may be doable?......what do you think of a Quintruple Plat guarantee cowboys victory over chiefs?....just taking temperature
Man lol……I mean I rarely pick them to lose. I don’t like the matchup for the Cowboys I’m not gonna lie to you lol. They are not a good team at least not yet this season….I think Cowboys can beat any team in this league….but even as they’ve struggled I think Mahomes is the second best QB they’ve faced….I might feel different by Friday lol.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The Chiefs are calling their victory over the Raiders a message to the rest of the league that they are back and ready to make a run into the playoffs. Maybe they didn't realize who their next opponent is. Both the Cowboys and Chiefs put a 40 burger on the scoreboard this week. The Chiefs are currently not even a top 10 team in the league. I think their ego is bruised and they are just lashing out. Should be a good game in KC next Sunday.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The Chiefs are calling their victory over the Raiders a message to the rest of the league that they are back and ready to make a run into the playoffs. Maybe they didn't realize who their next opponent is. Both the Cowboys and Chiefs put a 40 burger on the scoreboard this week. The Chiefs are currently not even a top 10 team in the league. I think their ego is bruised and they are just lashing out. Should be a good game in KC next Sunday.

It should be a good game. The funny thing is that I think our defence is a bit better than theirs, and I think our ST is better. The offense on each side is on par with each other I think. Should be a good game. Think it comes down to ST and defence.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Trysten Hill picked up where he left off last season. He constantly pushes his guy back and penetrates in the backfield. He’s underrated and developing nicely.

Yes, he was coming on last year before he got hurt. I think he will play even better this year under Quinn.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score

We win by 2 scores. Raiders are just not very good.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Man lol……I mean I rarely pick them to lose. I don’t like the matchup for the Cowboys I’m not gonna lie to you lol. They are not a good team at least not yet this season….I think Cowboys can beat any team in this league….but even as they’ve struggled I think Mahomes is the second best QB they’ve faced….I might feel different by Friday lol.

seeing Chiefs and Mahomes put beat down on Raiders gets me a bit nervous....Mahomes has literal Rocket for an arm that can be delivered from any angle....very happy Armstrong got his first sack....but not having DLaw and Gregory is painful as we match up with the Chiefs....hope Quinn can pull a real good scheme out of his bag....but then again maybe its time for a shootout at Arrowhead?...i am wondering if Moore slows
down the pace with strong run game?.....or do we just let the fireworks fly?....are the cowboys mature enough not to eat their cheese after proving everyone wrong there was a blue print against them made by Denver???.....i think Dak is a stablilizing figure that can help to keep team grounded

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes, he was coming on last year before he got hurt. I think he will play even better this year under Quinn.

Mr_V--- i heard Marinelli loved Trysten Hill's first step and bounce for a 3 or 1 tech.....the 300+ pound defensive tackle...had a 35 inch jump at combine...way more than any other 300 pounder...and he was

only 20 coming into league so 2019 he was ignorant and immature rookie...but 2020 saw significant sophmore improvement....Hill is turning into stud and getting Gallimore back along with DLaw and Gregory

and i am loving our interior defense and outside defense and linebackers and backfield.....our defense has strong probability of coming together to be top 10 easily...count that with top 2 or 3 offense and you

have recipe for Lombardi trophy....i remember in 1992...they said Cowboys were a year away from Super Bowl contention and we won our first of 3 out of 4 years...and if we would have had Jimmy we would

have been only NFL team to win super bowl 4 years in a row or maybe 5 in a row if he had stayed.....so you never know how things can come together?

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Under your leadership, bro.

mr Risen---what is it about us humans sometimes?......we can pour out the hate at drop of a hat...but when its time for humility or a little love we scamper away like cockroaches when the light turns on?...so it was

refreshing you giving a little love to Rockport

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It should be a good game. The funny thing is that I think our defence is a bit better than theirs, and I think our ST is better. The offense on each side is on par with each other I think. Should be a good game. Think it comes down to ST and defence.

mr Fur----does it feel like Plat time?