Game Day Cowboys vs Giants post game thread

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
No offense, but this is classic coaching staff excuse making. A good coaching staff can make these types of adjustments that can create some mismatches for Bryant. Other coaching staffs around this league seem to be able to do it with their top WRs, and yet apparently in Dallas, you can't. It's not nearly as hard as you claim to put in some plays that gets Bryant into the slot or in motion.

Atlanta moves Julio Jones around despite the fact that Jones also is an outside WR and not a slot guy. If a team takes away the outside and deep, Atlanta has put Jones in motion, stuck him in the slot, etc to get him into the softer part of the field to try to take advantage of the matchups.

If u and I have thought about this then I assure u the staff has.

I can't really know why not but I can discuss the roles of the WRs in the league. I can make educated cases as to why. What I refuse to do is assume pros are too stupid to consider it. Maybe Dez can't get all the routes down or they are happy to allow the other team to use resources to game Dez. Those intermediate routes to Witten and Beasley are perfect for Dak. They just need to be more efficient in the RZ. And that's a complicated subject.

I'm not arrogant enough to think the Dalass staff is that stupid.

Last edited:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I don't know what you are talking about but -3 means even game. Home team gets 3 points. Everybody picking this game was pretty even across. It wasn't like when we played Seattle in 2014 where everyone thought we had no chance. Most people thought both teams had weaknesses and strength and was a pretty even match up. So to see someone thinking it was remarkable we were in this game is bit surprising.

We were a 3 pt underdog at home to open. That's -6 for us. You talked about the game day line and I mentioned that just meant money was on Dallas to cover or win. The opening odds show you what they actually think. Most people didn't really objectively think this was a st8 up game although I can't speak for you. The opening odds speak for themselves. You're just being argumentative now and deflecting.

Zman5

Reaction score
We were a 3 pt underdog at home to open. That's -6 for us. You talked about the game day line and I mentioned that just meant money was on Dallas to cover or win. The opening odds show you what they actually think. Most people didn't really objectively think this was a st8 up game although I can't speak for you. The opening odds speak for themselves. You're just being argumentative now and deflecting.

It's obvious you don't understand how NFL spread works. "-6 for us" means we are the favorite not the under dog. And as far as most people not thinking it was a straight up game, just go look at the teams picked to win on NFL.com by their experts.
It was pretty even across who all the experts thought was going to win this game.

Even ESPN analysts, who usually don't pick us, had 6 pick NY and 4 pick us on their weekly game picks.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
It's obvious you don't understand how NFL spread works. "-6 for us" means we are the favorite not the under dog. And as far as most people not thinking it was a straight up game, just go look at the teams picked to win on NFL.com by their experts.
It was pretty even across who all the experts thought was going to win this game.

Even ESPN analysts, who usually don't pick us, had 6 pick NY and 4 pick us on their weekly game picks.

Depends on how it's listed. I said I wasn't using Vegas should have defined that I guess. We opened as 3 pt underdogs which means 6 pts given the 3 for home field. I understand it well and you're still deflecting.

Have a great night.

Sydla

Reaction score
If u and I have thought about this then I assure u the staff has.

I can't really know why not but I can discuss the roles of the WRs in the league. I can make educated cases as to why. What I refuse to do is assume pros are too stupid to consider it. Maybe Dez can't get all the routes down or they are happy to allow the other team to use resources to game Dez. Those intermediate routes to Witten and Beasley are perfect for Dak. They just need to be more efficient in the RZ. And that's a complicated subject.

I'm not arrogant enough to think the Dalass staff is that stupid.

No one said they are stupid. But even obvious things are sometimes lost on coaches. Coaches can be arrogant and stubborn and married to their system to a fault.

There are dozens of things someone like Chip Kelly should have done differently as a NFL coach. He's not a dumb person by any stretch but he's stubborn and was married to his rinky dink college offense. I am sure he also thought of things that were obvious to fans and analysts but he pushed them aside because coaches tend to be arrogant and think their system is just fine and it comes down to execution, etc.

Garrett is a mediocre head coach. I am not sure at what point that will sink in for some.

Zman5

Reaction score
Depends on how it's listed. I said I wasn't using Vegas should have defined that I guess. We opened as 3 pt underdogs which means 6 pts given the 3 for home field. I understand it well and you're still deflecting.

Have a great night.

Deflecting what? It is clear what you posted about the spread is wrong. And I gave you what others thought and gave you examples.

Here is a link from espn on their weekly picks if you don't want to look it up.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/picks/_/week/1/seasontype/2

6 picked NY and 4 picked Dallas. That's pretty even. Heck even Golic picked us to win. I backed it up with examples. Maybe you should do the same by giving examples where people were picking NY as clear favorite.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
I'd like to see them use Butler to allow Dez to move inside to slot in certain situations.

Some teams move their #1 WR around to get them matchups, etc. Atlanta will sometimes use Jones in the slot.

Our coaches aren't that creative. When Dez breaks the huddle, you know he's going wide.

This has been my biggest gripe with this offense lack of creativity when it comes to using Dez all over the formation SMH!!!!!!!!!!