Game Day Cowboys vs Giants post game thread

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
On the final drive I know Williams failed to go out of bounds ...but earlier in the drive, did Beasley and Dunbar also have a chance to go out of bounds ?

Reactions: BAT

USMarineVet

Reaction score
I'm not pissed. I just find it strange that Vegas for the most part conveniently screws the public over.

Let's see what happens in tonight's game. Patriots are 6.5 point under dog. The majority of people are taking AZ because Pats are missing Gronk and Brady. So I would't be surprised if Pats conveniently cover. Pats probably lose by a fieldgoal and if they win well they obviously cover.

I will admit that the odds makers are very good at what they do. They have a plethora of, for lack of a better word, computer generated predictions? Statistical equations? that take a multitude of things into consideration. Their goal is of course to win with the vig or take on more bets from who they feel will be on the losing side. But I'm a low-level gambling man and I'm not even sure if that's appropriate to speak of here so I'll just leave it at that.

greatwallofdallas

Reaction score
I will admit that the odds makers are very good at what they do. They have a plethora of, for lack of a better word, computer generated predictions? Statistical equations? that take a multitude of things into consideration. Their goal is of course to win with the vig or take on more bets from who they feel will be on the losing side. But I'm a low-level gambling man and I'm not even sure if that's appropriate to speak of here so I'll just leave it at that.
Yes ideally they would like to have the bets at 50/50 but when bets are lopsided they conveniently swing Vegas way. lets see how the AZ Pats game goes.

Ender

Reaction score
I agree. But I also think our play design must suck. Hopkins did fine last year with nobodies. Frustrating complaining about an offense that is nothing without an elite qb literally calling the plays at the line.... At least we know why he needs all that time at the line

Yea, the coaching staff sucks. Lost all faith.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Really? Why wast it remarkable? It wasn't like we were playing GB or NE. Giants were a 6-10 team last year with a rookie HC. Giants had the worst defense last year and their OL is bad.

Because you had a potent offense with a much improved D barely beating a rookie in his first start. We have a make shift DL and a poor secondary with only a slightly better set of LBers.

Wha't's Dallas' record without Romo?

That's why it is remarkable.

ondaedg

Reaction score
I can't be mad at the OL. Smashmouth football doesn't exist anymore. There are DEs and DTs bigger than our OL. The only way smashmouth football works is if you have a top 5 defense. We have a bottom 10 defense. Nope, never going to happen. Dak played well despite a predictable offensive gameplan. I love JG's positive attitude but he doesn't have the Xs and Os skills to compete with some of these OCs and their newer more sophisticated schemes. Can't blame Linehan. He was brought in to run JG's system. We had 2 sacks and 1 turnover today and a defense that couldn't come up with a stop in the 4th quarter. Deja Vu all of 2015 anyone? Andy Dalton was sacked 7 times today. Makes you wonder if we can get 7 sacks by week 4. No need to worry because Zeke is going to make our defense better by keeping them off the field. This is 1995 right?

Verdict

Reaction score
I don't put Williams' stupidity on Garrett. I am quite sure that the coaches have gone over that a hundred thousand times. Hell, williams should have learned that in middle school!!!

I do think the offensive play calling was WAY too conservative and predictable from the word go. We should have passed SOME on first down. Where were the screens? Naked bootleg rollout?

Verdict

Reaction score
Dez how can you drop the ball after all the hard part of making the catch is done? Holy **** batman. Hold on to the ******* ball.

Zman5

Reaction score
Because you had a potent offense with a much improved D barely beating a rookie in his first start. We have a make shift DL and a poor secondary with only a slightly better set of LBers.

Wha't's Dallas' record without Romo?

That's why it is remarkable.

Much improved Defense base on what? They haven't played one real game together. They were also starting a backup safety and a rookie CB. And it was a rookie HC.
And it wasn't like they were a great team last year. Even Vegas had it as a pickem game.

Verdict

Reaction score
Dak and Zeke were both put in very poor situations today. Either give Dak the ability to run the whole playbook or do something different. This playing conservative is getting us loss after loss.