Game Day Cowboys vs Giants post game thread

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dunbar plays all the special teams I doubt it. Morris didn't get a carry, writings on the wall.

Yea, he does but I watched him as best as I could tonight on ST's. Need the All-22 but he appeared to bring nothing to the table tonight. I did see him get out of the way on a potential tackle, thought I was watching a Matador for a moment :laugh:

popp1234

Reaction score
We are 2-23 on third downs the last two games.............something is very wrong with this offense.

Either Dak has been figured out by the league and this blueprint they talk about is actually legit or Dak is hitting the rookie wall. Either way, it has to get fixed and it has to get fixed right now. You cannot win playoff games if you cannot convert on 3rd down, the defenses are just too good in the playoffs if your offense is struggling like this.

So If Dak continues to struggle next week and we continue to not be able to convert 3rd downs, why would you not go back to Romo? The reason given to stick with Dak was because he had the hot hand, well that hot hand is now ice cold, like artic ice cold. So do you continue to watch Dak lose games or do you try to salvage this magical season and go back with Romo?

And if Romo sucks, cant hit the broad side of the barn, or gets injured again, you can go back to Dak. This is about the team, not about any specific player.

You go away from Dak, you stay away from Dak for the rest of the season, barring injury. You can't play games with the rookie and the team's psyche like that.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Yea, he does but I watched him as best as I could tonight on ST's. Need the All-22 but he appeared to bring nothing to the table tonight. I did see him get out of the way on a potential tackle, thought I was watching a Matador for a moment :laugh:
Agreed but Morris looks like he doesn't want to be here.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Agreed but Morris looks like he doesn't want to be here.

Yup, he lost most of his touches to the all-world Lancelot. I probably wouldn't be happy either.

Brings me to an anger point.......what do guys like Dunbar, Escobar and the multitude of FB's bring to this team and why are they still considered integral??? :banghead:

mldardy

Reaction score
He was horrible just stop. You can show all the homerism you want he looked scared, had bad mechanics , failed to produce as a passer. He's really struggling. Don't be surprised if he's benched.
No he wasn't. So we can keep going back and forth all day and you aren't going to change my opinion. And so what if I'm a homer. I am allowed to be one. And will be one. The problem with people like you is you think you know everything and really don't know ****.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Yup, he lost most of his touches to the all-world Lancelot. I probably wouldn't be happy either.

Brings me to an anger point.......what do guys like Dunbar, Escobar and the multitude of FB's bring to this team and why are they still considered integral??? :banghead:
Escobar was on the brink of being cut in training camp but Hannah got injured. We have maybe 3 games left of Escobar (assuming we lose in divisional round). Dunbar brings some value when healthy but that's the problem. He's never healthy. I would like McFadden re-signed. And have zeke ,Jackson, McFadden next season.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
People were constantly calling for Romo's head. He's one of the most unfairly maligned quarterbacks in the history of the game.

If the Cowboys continue to struggle passing the ball, Romo should be given a chance; otherwise, it's one and done in the playoffs.

It's funny because, when this board was discussing mid-season whether or not Romo should replace Dak, some people ridiculed the idea and proclaimed such a change couldn't be made because the team was winning and Dak was playing too well and yada yada yada. However, now that Dak isn't playing well and the team has lost, these same people suddenly don't care about winning and it's all about your feelings.
Well if Daks passing looks as bad as tonight next week, then I am ok with putting romo in for 2nd half.

the best test is against the same opponent.
I wondered if maybe the cold affected daks throwing, or was it the pressure??

about how romo would have done in this game against the giants, it is all speculation.
it is a tough decision either way.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

JG likes them...... only reason dumbar is playing over morris.

fifaguy

Reaction score
Cowboys are going to have a tough time winning any of the next three games (even the finale in Philly)...

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Cowboys are going to have a tough time winning any of the next three games (even the finale in Philly)...

Man, this would have to go down as the biggest choke job in franchise history if this thing goes south and we end up a freaking wildcard team.

Cmac

Reaction score
Good lesson for Dak to back off on spraying champagne in the club. Game is humbling.

fifaguy

Reaction score
Man, this would have to go down as the biggest choke job in franchise history if this thing goes south and we end up a freaking wildcard team.

All I'm saying is the road just got much harder; imo this was a must win game and it was also one that we had 10 days to prepare for...

Carson

Reaction score
So do we cheer for Detroit or New York next week? Whats hfa look like now?