Game Day Cowboys vs Giants post game thread

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yup, he lost most of his touches to the all-world Lancelot. I probably wouldn't be happy either.

Brings me to an anger point.......what do guys like Dunbar, Escobar and the multitude of FB's bring to this team and why are they still considered integral??? :banghead:
Sadly we have made our bed with Escobar. He won't be here next year....and nothing else ou5 there

khiladi

Reaction score
Ok he had a sound roster. If Room wanted to check out of runnings plays all the time that was his business then.

So Romo was checking out of run plays? Garrett didn't even allow him in game planning and that was forced on top after the 2013 contract Jerry awarded Romo.

And clearly Romo didn't check out when he had Linehan as play-caller.

Jason Garrett didn't know how to run the ball, which was the whole reason for Wade wanting to bring in Dan Reeves.. Garrett was last in the league in play action and had Romo throwing 85% while in shotgun and started running hurry up as the go to option.. putts by your QB in shotgun as a staple and you throwing out of it 85% shows that it's the coach not the QB audibling out of run plays..

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
Felix Jones averaged nearly 9 yards a carry his first year in and around 6 his second. He only went downhill when Garrett tried to make him a lead back instead of the change of pace back he really is.

And Jason Garrett wanted Felix Jones over Chris Johnson, whose Wade wanted.. that's the point.. Garrett knew nothing about the run game..

khiladi

Reaction score
I'm going to say straight up, I want Romo to play, always have. He deserves the shot with this team for all he's been through and finally legitimate weapons all around with a decent play calling.

The ONLY reason they ceded the job to Dak is QB not because Dak was better, but because they wanted to not upset the chemistry and kill the momentum of what they considered a unique run.

It wasn't because Dak earned the spot over Romo and even Jerry said they weren't looking past the year. Romo has outplayed him even in practice.

And they are still giving Romo first snap practices.

Romo is a better QB period and gives them the best chance to win. Whether they do or not, the reality is Dak is hitting a rookie wall. One more game like this, You have to consider Romo.

And none of this alters the fact Dak is the future QB of the team, which some apparently think happens if Romo becomes starter again. Dak isn't going anywhere.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm not into making proclamations so I'll wait for the season to play out. Still, I would think some people (not you) could evaluate both what you should expect from young players AND understand that execution from ALL players is critical for any offense. Unfortunately, football is Madden for some people.

Oh yeah don't get me wrong this isn't entirely on Dak. I don't want it to seem like I think that.

But these are the kinds of games that Dak is going to have to over come/avoid down the stretch and in the playoffs.

It was clear last night, especially in the final 5 minutes, that the Giants play calling was tailored around the fact that they did not respect, or fear, what Dak could do in the passing game in the least.

Other teams are going to do some of the same things (especially with our next two opponents also fighting for their divisions and playoff lives) and either he'll play as you'd expect a rookie might play in those situations or he's going to learn quickly and have a real shot to lead the team to a championship.

I'd like to believe he's going to learn really quickly and he'll do what has never been done before but I have serious doubts that he will.

Which isn't a knock on him, it's just the nature of the game.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I'm going to say straight up, I want Romo to play, always have. He deserves the shot with this team for all he's been through and finally legitimate weapons all around with a decent play calling.

The ONLY reason they ceded the job to Dak is QB not because Dak was better, but because they wanted to not upset the chemistry and kill the momentum of what they considered a unique run.

It wasn't because Dak earned the spot over Romo and even Jerry said they weren't looking past the year. Romo has outplayed him even in practice.

And they are still giving Romo first snap practices.

Romo is a better QB period and gives them the best chance to win. Whether they do or not, the reality is Dak is hitting a rookie wall. One more game like this, You have to consider Romo.

And none of this alters the fact Dak is the future QB of the team, which some apparently think happens if Romo becomes starter again. Dak isn't going anywhere.
that isnt up to us , better email the jones boys and jg !!

manster4ever

Reaction score
do they play next week ? lol well I think smart thing is root for giants to lose. we need the div title more than hfa right now

That game won't be close. Stafford injured his middle finger on his throwing hand yesterday. Has to wear a glove on his hand and played very poorly with it yesterday. They have NO run game whatsoever. I think the Gspots smother them....something like 24-10.

Tristan

Reaction score
People saying that the Vikings gave everyone the blueprint on how to stop Dak maybe right
People should also point out that the vikings have 3 first round picks at cb including an elite shut down guy (rhodes) and a first round pick pro bowl safetey! Thats like our o line investment and subsequent luck there.

The giants also have 3 first round picks at corner and basically another 1st round pick (pick 33) in all pro Collins who we should have took over jones if we were looking for a safety imo.

So we shouldve been running all night punishing those dbs including that 3-3 that dak threw his first pick on! Zeke was beasting again and dallas got cute, again and puts waste dunbar in there who hasnt done a darn thing in 2 years,

getting cute and going away from the run finally cost us, last several games have been in jeapoardy because of this bs. When we run we nock those dbs on theyre butts and they get beat down and cant cover! Its like body shots, we give up way to early we should be going up and down the field with Zeke like Emmitt in the second buffalo superbowl! Make them stop the run, if they cant, dont let em off the hook. Thats how you beat the few teams with great dbs