Game Day Cowboys vs Giants post game thread

mldardy

Reaction score
130 yards is horrible. I'm critiquing Dak not the team. In my opinion he has looked worse than weeden these last 2 weeks.
Yeah that's not horrible when you only attempt 18 passes and completed 67% of them. Would you rather Dak throw for 300 yards and a loss instead. And he looked worse than Weeden. You really need to stop.

ksadler1

Reaction score
LOL, the way Romo has been treated is what is shameful. Dak's had it really good until maybe this week.

Are you saying that Romo never had a horrible game in his career? Romo has had some major stinkers too. 3 Thanksgivings ago, he had one of the worst games I've seen from any QB, not just Romo. It happens. If people think Romo could just come in and tear it up right now, you'd better think again. Does anyone here honestly think Romo would be 11-2 right now with this team, let alone still healthy? I respect what Romo has done here, but to think he could be anything like his former self after not playing for 2 years is not realistic.....

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Actually, I hope Dak doesn't hear this type of talk. Since when has the starter of an 11-2, playoff-bound team been benched after losing two consecutive games against good teams? Time for concern (teamwise), maybe yes, but benching the starting QB? Come on.

We are 2-23 on third downs the last two games.............something is very wrong with this offense.

Either Dak has been figured out by the league and this blueprint they talk about is actually legit or Dak is hitting the rookie wall. Either way, it has to get fixed and it has to get fixed right now. You cannot win playoff games if you cannot convert on 3rd down, the defenses are just too good in the playoffs if your offense is struggling like this.

So If Dak continues to struggle next week and we continue to not be able to convert 3rd downs, why would you not go back to Romo? The reason given to stick with Dak was because he had the hot hand, well that hot hand is now ice cold, like artic ice cold. So do you continue to watch Dak lose games or do you try to salvage this magical season and go back with Romo?

And if Romo sucks, cant hit the broad side of the barn, or gets injured again, you can go back to Dak. This is about the team, not about any specific player.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I would hope we're all Romo fans since, you know, he's on the team and we're all supposedly cowboys fans here.
"romo fans" = those who want romo to replace dak this season.
many wanted romo to replace dak at the half, and now for the next game.

thing is no one would be calling for romo to be benched if he had a similar game, after winning 11 in a row.
Tony had a similar game back in 2010 I think the first game he lost to wash 10-7

next game will be another tough game tampa is playing good, and have a good defense, they held saints to 1 td today.
maybe brees should be replaced too?

Deep_South

Reaction score
Good to see McFadden coming back. Morris didn't get any carries tonight. Don't think that has happened this season -- he usually goes in for a series or two in the 2nd quarter like clockwork.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Well we did win two of those games and lost the third game by 3 points. So you can win game when your QB doesn't break 200 yards passing. Manning had games of 141 and 176 yards passing in last years playoffs. You can win passing for less than 200 yards. This was his first BAD game. Those other games he wasn't sharp but he made plays to win it. So yeah this has been his first bad one. And no one is putting up 40 points all the time. And no one is comparing him to Brady except you.

2-23 on third downs the last two games................something is clearly wrong with this offense, but if you want to sugar coat it, go ahead.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Yeah that's not horrible when you only attempt 18 passes and completed 67% of them. Would you rather Dak throw for 300 yards and a loss instead. And he looked worse than Weeden. You really need to stop.
He was horrible just stop. You can show all the homerism you want he looked scared, had bad mechanics , failed to produce as a passer. He's really struggling. Don't be surprised if he's benched.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
"romo fans" = those who want romo to replace dak this season.
many wanted romo to replace dak at the half, and now for the next game.

thing is no one would be calling for romo to be benched if he had a similar game, after winning 11 in a row.
Tony had a similar game back in 2010 I think the first game he lost to wash 10-7

next game will be another tough game tampa is playing good, and have a good defense, they held saints to 1 td today.
maybe brees should be replaced too?

People were constantly calling for Romo's head. He's one of the most unfairly maligned quarterbacks in the history of the game.

If the Cowboys continue to struggle passing the ball, Romo should be given a chance; otherwise, it's one and done in the playoffs.

It's funny because, when this board was discussing mid-season whether or not Romo should replace Dak, some people ridiculed the idea and proclaimed such a change couldn't be made because the team was winning and Dak was playing too well and yada yada yada. However, now that Dak isn't playing well and the team has lost, these same people suddenly don't care about winning and it's all about your feelings.