Game Day *** Cowboys vs Giants post game thread***

CB61

Reaction score
It seems when Dak misses on throws, a lot of times the pass is high, and multiple reports have tied that to poor footwork on the play.

A lot of that falls on Dak to simply get better, but if the OL improves, it will allow for more time and a cleaner pocket from which to throw. That would be a plus.

The difference Amari Cooper has made is substantial, though he had a bad drop and a worse fumble today. He and Michael Gallup will have their first off-season with Prescott, which should be a big help next season.

Dak loves Blake Jarwin and he had a monster game today, maybe TE isn't such a sore spot with him and rookie Dalton Schultz.
Yep I would agree with that I've always said he had problems with his footwork but he needs to work on that in offseason, and I don't think Kellen Moore being a quarterback for 3 or 4 years it's fully qualified to be teaching him footwork

khiladi

Reaction score
What does Eli have to do with the way Dak played today. So you agree Prescott played well today?

You already read my past post where I said he was mediocre to average the first half.

Apparently, our defense allowed Manning to score 35 points, but when it comes to a bad Giant’s defense that is known to blow fourth quarter leads, that’s now what happened as far as Dak is concerned?

So what exactly did this game show? That the coaching staff would give him all game to play and not simply get reps, playing all out with no repurcussiond, other than losing a meaningless game, Dak made plays with the same excuses you Dak homers were saying was the reason for his bad play?

No Martin, Smith and Zeke and a ****** WR Corp, particularly Beasley a garbage TE... yet he proved what?

Bluefin

Reaction score
Dak definitely stepped it up today. He was hitting receivers in stride, and only really had one bad miss that I remember, which was Cooper for a sure TD. He was rolling out, directing his receivers, and protecting the ball in the pocket.
That definitely ran through my mind, but I'll have to watch the replay a few times.

Turnovers are automatically reviewed, so I doubt there was enough there to reverse the official's on field call.
Defensively, it was pretty bad.
Kickoffs and kickoff coverage could also use a fresh coat of wax, too.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Jason Garrett a few weeks ago was trying to recruit Witten back as TE.

That shows how much he knows..

No. By NFL rule, Witten (or any other player) could not have come back when that was being discussed by everyone EXCEPT the Cowboys and Witten.

Bluefin

Reaction score
Yep I would agree with that I've always said he had problems with his footwork but he needs to work on that in offseason, and I don't think Kellen Moore being a quarterback for 3 or 4 years it's fully qualified to be teaching him footwork
I'm not sure Kellen Moore is the best QB coach for a young guy, but I do believe he will prove to good at his job over time.

Dak will likely spend part of his off-season again working with an off site QB mechanics group (I forget where he went last off-season). They will coordinate with Dallas' coaches about the areas most in need of addressing.

CB61

Reaction score
Yeah, far too many big plays, especially in the running game. Hard to believe they weren't blatantly holding,the way Barkley was getting yardage.
Well I thought they were but we all know how the NFL calls that they actually did get him a couple times for it today you would think the best game would call for the best officials not part-timers something NFL should address actually something that players should dress in the next CBA, which is coming up in 2 years

LovinItAll

Reaction score
You going to tell me how much Beasley sucks?

Dak was trash the whole first half against a garbage defense known for blowing fourth quarter leads, gifted a TD once again by the defense and then almost allowed an Eli Manning in his horrible dats to outplay him against a better defense the whole second half..

Seriously, go to bed.

CB61

Reaction score
I'm not sure Kellen Moore is the best QB coach for a young guy, but I do believe he will prove to good at his job over time.

Dak will likely spend part of his off-season again working with an off site QB mechanics group (I forget where he went last off-season). They will coordinate with Dallas' coaches about the areas most in need of addressing.
No doubt about it overtime he will be good it's a shame he was blessed with that small body because he had the heart and some of the skills of a good quarterback just not enough to overcome his size I just don't know if we have the time to develop him , given our playoff and Super Bowl droughts they should have brought in a veteran quarterback to help with that

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Holy crud, I know this is pie-in-the-sky idealism, but what if we're about to witness the full flower of Dak bloom in the playoffs?
He showed a couple of things this game that showed some real progression. Still the same issues, but a few wrinkles to his game that showed some real savvy.

Some new plays and new focus on different players... Very interesting stuff.

I know. I'm all about his limitations as much as many of his detractors, but...
I guess I've been smiling too much today. Great mood!

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
You already read my past post where I said he was mediocre to average the first half.

Apparently, our defense allowed Manning to score 35 points, but when it comes to a bad Giant’s defense that is known to blow fourth quarter leads, that’s now what happened as far as Dak is concerned?

So what exactly did this game show? That the coaching staff would give him all game to play and not simply get reps, playing all out with no repurcussiond, other than losing a meaningless game, Dak made plays with the same excuses you Dak homers were saying was the reason for his bad play?

No Martin, Smith and Zeke and a ****** WR Corp, particularly Beasley a garbage TE... yet he proved what?
he proved he can still get on your last nerve even when he plays well...ha..no Dak homer here His play today didn't prove anything to me that starts next week but it's not killing me that he played well today.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
The Eagles are making the playoffs, bros.

yup....Fog Bowl 2...Can't wait

vvsjZlB.jpg

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak definitely stepped it up today. He was hitting receivers in stride, and only really had one bad miss that I remember, which was Cooper for a sure TD. He was rolling out, directing his receivers, and protecting the ball in the pocket.

I only watched the first half where he looked mediocre to average like I said and when I checked the numbers, the Giants were up at the end, meaning Dallas was blowing leads.

That being said, I’m not sure what this proves other than all the excuses about his past play were garbage... it was him missing wide open WRs, not hitting them in stride. I saw the last play and I can’t believe the Giants wouldn’t play pretty much prevent on that, Beasley was that wide open.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That definitely ran through my mind, but I'll have to watch the replay a few times.

Turnovers are automatically reviewed, so I doubt there was enough there to reverse the official's on field call.

Kickoffs and kickoff coverage could also use a fresh coat of wax, too.
I don't know if they can overturn it for that reason. I think that's a judgement call that could go either way. I just figure if they're gonna be so quick to stop the play for a sack, they should be just as quick to call it on a receiver's forward progress.

khiladi

Reaction score
No. By NFL rule, Witten (or any other player) could not have come back when that was being discussed by everyone EXCEPT the Cowboys and Witten.

They denied it after the fact. Considering Schefter is with ESPN via his podcast and so is Witten and he said Jason reached out multiple times I hardly doubt there wasn’t any truth to it.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well I thought they were but we all know how the NFL calls that they actually did get him a couple times for it today you would think the best game would call for the best officials not part-timers something NFL should address actually something that players should dress in the next CBA, which is coming up in 2 years
I honestly didn't see any holding, but I wasn't really looking for it either. At this point, it's an exercise in futility to actually seek out bad calls.