Game Day ***Cowboys vs Giants Post-Game thread***

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
If Cox gets fined for that, it's not right. They kept mentioning the helmet to helmet, but at least Aikman acknowledged that Jones lowered his helmet and initiated the contact. The way he led with his helmet is what the league wants to eliminate, for exactly the reason that we saw. I'm just glad Cox wasn't hurt by it.
Yep
Zeke got flagged for it in the past

Mikemcm

Reaction score
Justin Herbert with 5 touchdowns, over 400 yards passing against an elite Browns defense. Dak had multiple picks dropped in this game against the lowly Giants. Yet people here want to crowd Dak as a top 5 QB?
What happend when Dak played Herbert played? I'll answer that Dak won. Dak also lit up the Bucs and the number one defense Carolina. So yeah Dak is definitely a top 5 QB.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Jones sees the little number 14 and tries to run over the guy that was wearing it. Well Mr Jones, that's not a DB that's a LB. Too bad you had to find that out the hard way.

So let that be the last time you try to lower your head and run over a guy. Because numbers have changed this year. Just because you see a lightweight number doesn't mean that's a lightweight player.

P.S.... I personally don't like the number changes.

Aulac

Reaction score
What happend when Dak played Herbert played? I'll answer that Dak won. Dak also lit up the Bucs and the number one defense Carolina. So yeah Dak is definitely a top 5 QB.

Carolina isn't a #1 defense, they beat winless teams. Stop using that as your defense. Dak got outplayed by Herbert, Herbert had 2 touchdowns called back or did you forgot? Or did you also forget Dak had another drop pick while Herbert pick was due to Allen falling down?

Herbert is literally carrying the Chargers, Dak is not carrying the Cowboys.

Aulac

Reaction score
I don't think he played well. Was way off on several throws. Threw a pick to a DE. Fumbled a snap inside the opponent's 10.

But they still rolled.

You proved my points, Dak is a part of this team but he not carrying us. People here have recently bias because if you read the first half thread, there were comments like "Dak is doing his best to lose us this game", but since we won, everyone here want to forget. He had multiple drop picks and not to mention Cooper had to dive and reach down to catch Dak's throw. Receivers is making Dak look better than he is and it isn't just this year alone but folks here will just look at the stats. Like that easy TD throw to Zeke that any QB or non QB can make.

CWR

Reaction score
Got back from the game about an hour ago and can't remember exactly when we killed all hope for the Giants. When it happened I was happy to announce there go the Giant fans, and they stood up across the stadium almost in unison to make their exit. We saw them off in style. It was hilarious. They were good sports though, I give em that much.

This is the best we've played since the 90s. Enjoy it fellas.

Kumbaya

Reaction score
We had a guy like that named Sean Lee

That ankle injury today was nasty ....... I came down on the side of a guys foot playing basketball when I was 24 years old ...... and my ankle swelled up just like that in a few minutes.

He is a professional athlete with 20+ years better medical ......... but my ankle was never the same.

I wish him the best ....... seems like a good dude.

But brittle players never suddenly get unbrittle.

I agree….I don’t think Giants should try to resign him after rookie contract expires. Like you said, once brittle, always brittle.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Great game. 4-1. We played “meh” and toyed with an inferior opponent like a lion toys with it’s food. This team is legit— can’t wait to see us when we got our injured guys back. Enjoy the ride brothers and sisters

cheers-lets-drink.gif

dfense

Reaction score
Still don't know about that.

The two drafts MM has been here for have been absolute GOLD so far.
Then unlike other HCs, he doesn't get his feelings hurt when the OC/DC gets credit and he steps in.
(Unlike Game 1 of 2018 (IIRC) where we motioned on most plays then we went vanilla again)​
We are willing to part ways with players that are not clearly living up to their contract.
This team looks prepared every week AND they make halftime adjustments.
Doing all this with injuries and suspensions.

I know I was fairly young (teens) with the Switzer Cowboys, but Switzer didn't do ANYTHING for the Cowboys like MM has. Hell, he nearly RUINED the team until the veteran, championship caliber, players stepped up.

JMHO
Most of this list MM has little to do with. But it's all working so that's cool.

SackMaster

Reaction score
Most of this list MM has little to do with. But it's all working so that's cool.
So you believe that an NFL Head Coach, or more specifically MM:
  • Has no input in the Draft and who to draft
  • Is banned from having any input into gameplans by his OC and DC
  • Has no part of team personnel decisions
  • Does not run practices while he just stands there getting a tan
  • Just sits on his behind while his OC and DC deals with injuries / suspensions
:huh:

If you do, that's cool. I ain't trying to tell you what/how to think.

I mean, if this is true, MM must be one hell of a Tetris / Solitare player since he probably spends 10-12 hours a day at the Ranch doing absolutely nothing.

So if you TRULY believe that and you are looking for some property to buy, I know of a BEAUTIFUL ocean front property in Kansas I would like to talk to you about.
:grin: