Game Day ***Cowboys vs Giants Post Game Thread***

blueblood70

Reaction score
Aaaand breathe.
Oh no we have to deal with this all off season you guys are gonna get it I bookmarked a lot of this I got paper and I get to go back and rip apart all the negative false narratives and the overreactions from no preseason and the guys who were cut and released that they think the Cowboys made a mistake// looking at the depth on the offensive line and at safety in the pass rushers it was all a lot better than the fans thought they were and that's the whole point fans are not GM's fans are not good talent evaluators they just know what they know from Madden and fantasy football or what they read but they are not professional at anything related to football.. And to add to it before I breathe I mean Tyrone Smith supposed to be glass they're making fun of his ankle he played almost the entire game and he was out leading screams and he was pulling and blocking down field I mean on a bad ankle that's why 75% of tyron Smith is better than most left tackles and that's why the Cowboys keep him around they know he's a little bit of a liability because of his injury history but when the man plays he still plays at a high level..

Tyron is clearly a better left tackle than he is a right tackle and their decision to put him back there and move Tyler inside also a pretty good decision now if we could just get Tyler back are we gonna start calling him Mr. glass?

blueblood70

Reaction score

I feel bad for Micah Parsons he should have been credited probably for three sacks and an interception the man create so much havoc and chaos that other guys are reaping the rewards and he doesn't get the sacks that he actually creates I mean he collapses pockets that's the quarterback running and the quarterback steps up enough to miss Micah and then the other guy gets the sack but there also should be the stat where he forced an interception by what he did pushing Daniel Jones out of bounds that's on him so he created an interception you know how they have forced fumbles shouldn't they have forced interceptions?? It's gonna be hard for Parsons to get defensive player of the year when you got guys like TJ Watt getting three sacks but Parsons is doing so much dirty work that's not getting on the stat sheet he's not gonna have those 20 sack years that can get him in contention for the bigger awards like MVP and defensive player of the year/

Londonboy

Reaction score
I feel bad for Micah Parsons he should have been credited probably for three sacks and an interception the man create so much havoc and chaos that other guys are reaping the rewards and he doesn't get the sacks that he actually creates I mean he collapses pockets that's the quarterback running and the quarterback steps up enough to miss Micah and then the other guy gets the sack but there also should be the stat where he forced an interception by what he did pushing Daniel Jones out of bounds that's on him so he created an interception you know how they have forced fumbles shouldn't they have forced interceptions?? It's gonna be hard for Parsons to get defensive player of the year when you got guys like TJ Watt getting three sacks but Parsons is doing so much dirty work that's not getting on the stat sheet he's not gonna have those 20 sack years that can get him in contention for the bigger awards like MVP and defensive player of the year/
Isn't QB pressures an important stat for pass rushers?

It's quite often quoted, along with newer metrics like pass-rush win rate.

p.s : Breathe

blueblood70

Reaction score
Isn't QB pressures an important stat for pass rushers?

It's quite often quoted, along with newer metrics like pass-rush win rate.

p.s : Breathe
Yes and NO , they relatively go unnoticed and you're not awarded for that analytics when it comes to the big rewards at the end of the year. i don't think there's a record for pressures but there is a record for sacks.. and those records are used to give out the awards..

Londonboy

Reaction score
Yes and NO , they relatively go unnoticed and you're not awarded for that analytics when it comes to the big rewards at the end of the year. i don't think there's a record for pressures but there is a record for sacks.. and those records are used to give out the awards..
Look on the bright side, it might save Us a few cap $'s come contract time.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Look on the bright side, it might save Us a few cap $'s come contract time.
i don't think his agents are going to be buying that.LOL . they will definitely bring in the fact that he pushes sacks into other people. he's creating fumbles he's creating interceptions. we see it just as their agents are going to see it simply just talking about the awards he probably deserves but might not get... he will get his money or he'll be like chris jones and Bosa. they took a hard stance and got their money. well bosa did but CJ will get something..

dstew60105

Reaction score
Yeah LOL. I haven't taken the advanced course yet where those garbage numbers indicate how important the QB was in the 26-0 halftime lead.

Learn me.
But you'd still bash Dak if we lost 38-31 but he threw for 400 yards and 4 TD's. We get it, you don't like Dak. Now go back to worshipping Carson Wentz.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Still waiting for that AA gap blitz we used so effectively 2 years ago...why Quinn put that on the shelf????
When your DL is getting to the QB with 4 man rush , why is the necessary to disguise anything , it was a bad night for Jones

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
You knew Micah was going to get double teamed on a constant basis. It's about the team. Micah's causing havoc and the other guys are going to reap the benefits. I love it. I don't care who is getting the hurries and sacks. As long as somebody is, I am happy as is Dan Quinn.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Maybe the criticism he (Diggs) received for his playoff whiff of kittle he’s taking to heart
I don't think it is that. I think fans were just overreacting to the fact he tried to essentially do what he did to Barkley, put his shoulder on the ball and dislodge it. Kittle just made a nice little adjustment while catching the ball that caused Diggs to miss. The whole thing was kind of silly and more of a reflection on the fans that it was on Diggs.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Dan Bailey started his career with Dallas by missing his first kick. Then he barely missed a kick for like 5 years.

So who knows....
Had forgotten that.

Mitch

Reaction score
Didn’t we have a post game tweets thread in the last years?

Maybe I‘m too stupid to find it, but I really liked the condensed public experts and so-called-experts takes, especially after a win like yesterday.

Jarntt

Reaction score
BWLMAPhIEAAe_IG.jpg

kevm3

Reaction score
Mike created an offensive game plan that WORKED and ultimately that's what matters. We didn't put up obscene numbers by having Dak chunk the ball non-stop in the rain, thereby continually having us go 3 and out or fly down the field and making the defense tired, which would lead to them letting us down for an easy score at the end of the game.

The chargers looked like we typically do, which is they put up a ton of high numbers, but guess what happened? Their defense let them down at the end. Kellen is a very smart guy and can create explosive offenses, but he doesn't yet have the experience to craft an offense that complements the defense.

With how the defense was playing, we didn't NEED Dak to constantly air it out with risky throws, exposing us to interceptions and quickly marching us down the field, both of which puts the defense on the field more and tires them out.

There were a lot more sensible plays in 3rd and short situations and we continued to lean on the run game. It's not flashy or pretty, but when your defense is playing the way ours did, its a WINNING offensive formula.

The last thing we needed was Dak throwing bombs on third down, letting the Giants get an interception and get motivated to get back in the game.

kevm3

Reaction score
Oh yeah something else I took from the game all these people all upset over Isaiah land and that we may have not brought the right talent here and we cut the wrong guys and they were very upset about Trey Lance I mean dude did you see that Thomas kid I can't pronounce his name but he's a safety and bell and others how deep we were oh and by the way the pass rush which we didn't need more pass rushers Isaiah land technically is a pass rusher did it look like we needed help at pass rush last night?? Maybe you all need to stop telling real coaches professional front office people who they're supposed to keep and who they should not pick up and trade for because I think they built a pretty good team without you I think Dan Quinn has a lock on it I was really impressed with Thomas in preseason and now he comes out and makes a couple big plays.. He and bell were laying the wood I mean it's one game but we didn't miss Donovan Wilson cause these two played a lot like Donovan Wilson.. This team is loaded at safety.. I mean I love Kearse, he's one of our better players but he's not getting a big new contract because of that we've got so many guys coming up and I also believe we have a free safety sitting on this team that could take hookers place soon too.. Isn't that crazy say it out loud we are loaded at safety.. And some of these guys are playing hybrid safety linebackers and they're bringing a load with them and they are also ball Hawks..

You can never have too many pass rushers

In terms of us not telling the 'pros' what to do, the Cowboys have invested in positions that many fans were screaming about for YEARS, such as getting the proper coaching in, getting bigger at DT and shoring up at safety, and now this team looks like a legitimate contender. They shouldn't have let Land go, but what's done is done and nothing we can do about it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You can never have too many pass rushers

In terms of us not telling the 'pros' what to do, the Cowboys have invested in positions that many fans were screaming about for YEARS, such as getting the proper coaching in, getting bigger at DT and shoring up at safety, and now this team looks like a legitimate contender. They shouldn't have let Land go, but what's done is done and nothing we can do about it.
Again Mr. coach Internet GM they made a choice they felt was better for their team we are loaded at pass rusher right now you can't take up roster spots for people you don't need we literally are set and you keep harping on it we absolutely did not need Isaiah land who isn't he on a practice squad somewhere is Mr. Hall of Famer potential that we lost out on you know the practice squad players somehow you're gonna cry about for years?? I'm making my point and I said it you're not a professional you're not a talent evaluator and for sure you're not a professional NFL football roster builder like we actually have on this team and if Dan Quinn and Mike McCarthy in the rest of the front office decided Isaiah land wasn't worthy to be on this team that is set in stone until further notice... Hey you wanna come back here and bookmark this in about four or five years when Isaiah lamb is getting 10 sacks a game and we lost out go ahead but right now it was absolutely the correct decision..