Game Day ***Cowboys vs Jaguars post game thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
That was a good game. Win or lose, I care not. What I"m happy to see: Deuece Vaughn is legit. I'm sure about it.

Kevante Turpin did the one thing I feared he would do: he coughed it up. That'll end up being why you can't count on him. We need Jimmy Johnson to show these guys how to hang onto the ball. Make them carry it all camp, or do 30 laps.

I had a feeling about Juanyeh Thomas. I still do. He was a decent player in college. If he can hang around on the roster, he could see time. Keep that kind of play up in preseason and he could maybe earn a spot. I also have a feeling the Cowboys end up with a surplus at safety and end up trading one or losing at least one.

Jalen Tolbert turned it on. He was OK in the preseason last year.

Not sure #67 was, but get him off my roster, I never want to see him at LG again.

That's at a glimpse. I'm sure I'll go back and watch it.

Oh yeah, and Jake Ferguson. We've got some competition at TE. I don't think we'll end up having a 1 so much as we have several guys who can ball.

P.S. Kyle Youmans can be obnoxious. I like that the in-house staff knows what they're talking about, but sheesh, dude is loud.
Youman's has fake announcer voice. It isn't his normal speaking voice which makes it obnoxious.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Cowboys rookie LB DeMarvion Overshown: "Putting the jersey on and putting my arm bands on and my sleeve and realizing I'm fitting to do this for the Dallas Cowboys. A lot of people dream about that. I'm part of that 1% that got the chance to do that. I wouldn't want to be nowhere else."

CWR

Reaction score
  • We have tight ends galore and no guards
  • Duece is gonna be good
  • Mazi looked great

I never questioned losing Schultz, and that before drafting another TE. Fergy is gonna be real nice. I didn't watch the second half, but guess Hendershot didn't play?

CWR

Reaction score
Ferguson is the TE1
Overshown looks good
Harper(50) made some good plays
Thomas(30) with the int
Tolbert definitely has made progress
Deuce looking great
Stephens will make the team

Remember Kelce giving Ferguson props? He flashed last year, and doesn't appear to be going away.

Happy for Tolbert. The things he's said and his approach have been admirable. He's looking like the player we thought we drafted.

From what I saw of the game Overshown is around the ball a lot.

I was hoping Deuce would get some run. The juice is evident with the ball in his hands. I dont think making plays is his biggest obstacle. What he has to overcome is handling the beating of an NFL schedule being so undersized. Fortunately he's tough as nails.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Disappointed in Waletzko. He was almost as bad as ball.
Our plan on the offensive line is a disaster waiting to happen......Starting 5.....It's ok.....but we all know someone is going to get hurt ...then the show begins....

Tyron goes down...Slide Tyler over....Ok
LG?????? I don't trust anyone
I trust Farniok @ center....but that's about it.
Ball is trash....Bass is a horrible athlete....
Waletzko.....Trust him if Steele goes down????? That's pretty shaky
Then there is Martin....Got a feeling he's dug in more than most expect. What if he no-shows??? Gonna roll with 5th round pick Richards???? LOL

I would seriously be giving Rodger Saffold a call

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
The Good:
- Damone Clark. Showed good sideline-to-sideline speed to make a couple of good tackles.
- DeMarvion Overshown: Filled the hole on a play to stuff the RB. I think he'll be a hybrid like Kearse AND let Kearse stay healthier
- Sam Williams: He's looking better. DE/DL depth is incredible.
- DaRon Bland: Solid #3. Had a solid open-field tackle.
- Jalen Tolbert: 2targets 2rec 1TD. Needs to work but good.
- Jake Ferguson: Good with the ball in his hands
- Hunter Luepke: Moved much better than I expected.
- Deuce Vaughn: That burst, that vision, those cuts...

The Bad:
- OL depth; Zack Martin earned leverage today.
- Jalon Brooks 5 targets 1rec (not good)
- Brandon Aubrey; Cowboys need to find a K

TWOK11

Reaction score
Not getting hyped for this team. Still has obvious problems that many have called out. O line is one. Kicker is another. Love what I saw from Deuce, but don't know how many carries I want him getting at his size against first stringers.

We have serious flaws that will rear themselves against the 49ers, Eagles, and Jags in a play-off situation.
Not one single OL starter played a down today, and two of the starters today likely won’t even make the roster (or ANY NFL roster for that matter).

Some of you are either so entrenched in the narrative about this franchise that you don’t care how absurd you sound anymore, or you are certifiably insane.

stiletto

Reaction score
Not one single OL starter played a down today, and two of the starters today likely won’t even make the roster (or ANY NFL roster for that matter).

Some of you are either so entrenched in the narrative about this franchise that you don’t care how absurd you sound anymore, or you are certifiably insane.
If Martin comes back the Oline is in fine shape if Steele is ready to go but if ONE injury happens, there is pretty much no one that can fill in adequately. It's not meltdown but they really should try to upgrade a couple of the backup linemen. Those guys are butt-butt.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Some observations of mine:

-Clark/Overshown looked good
-Ferguson had some nice catches, think They will keep 4 TE’s
-Duece was as good as advertised. Tolbert had some nice flashes .
-Gallimore/Golston playing in the 4th quarter tells me both are in the bubble, same can be said about Cox,Bell. Hard decisions forthcoming.

TWOK11

Reaction score
If Martin comes back the Oline is in fine shape if Steele is ready to go but if ONE injury happens, there is pretty much no one that can fill in adequately. It's not meltdown but they really should try to upgrade a couple of the backup linemen. Those guys are butt-butt.
NOBODY has OL depth in the NFL anymore. Most teams can’t even field 5 quality starters like we can, let alone many quality backups.

The deepest OL in football goes 7 deep with guys actually deserving of an NFL regular season snap. Many rosters don’t even have 5 such guys. Any team with more than 1 OL starter out for a majority of the season is always very unlikely to make the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.