Game Day ***Cowboys vs Jaguars prep game thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
For the well being of all I'm going to avoid the game day thread.

I'm too apt to bite somebody's head off for making premature conclusions based on a practice game.

I also suspect our backup o-line is going to make the offensive efforts look ugly. See you all on the other side.
Know your limitations, I always say.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This will be the first time we’ve seen the Cowboys suit up for a game since they lost to San Francisco in the playoffs seven months ago. Couldn’t come soon enough for me. However, I’ll have to wait until tomorrow morning to see the game on NFL Network. Once the game starts I’ll be off the board until tomorrow, so I don’t see the results.
Is there some way we can ruin it for you? Do you have whatsapp or telegram?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For the well being of all I'm going to avoid the game day thread.

I'm too apt to bite somebody's head off for making premature conclusions based on a practice game.

I also suspect our backup o-line is going to make the offensive efforts look ugly. See you all on the other side.
This man will spare us his wrath. This time.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
This will be the first time we’ve seen the Cowboys suit up for a game since they lost to San Francisco in the playoffs seven months ago. Couldn’t come soon enough for me. However, I’ll have to wait until tomorrow morning to see the game on NFL Network. Once the game starts I’ll be off the board until tomorrow, so I don’t see the results.
So you’re worried about finding out the winner/loser of the first PS game?

SBWinner

Reaction score
I had tickets to the game purchased through Stubhub, which resells, I suppose, from other vendors. The electronic tickets never came. So I called them and just got a refund, turns out ticketmaster never transferred them. Not on my ticketmaster account either using same email address. It's nice to know 3 hours before gametime I am not actually going.

This first part is a rant, because I f'ing hate the ticket companies. Besides the gouging on fees, they just suck at getting the basic things right like, I don't know, giving you the ticket you just paid for! I supposed I should be happy I don't have to drive to Arlington and deal with triple digit temps today, but honestly going to a game nowadays is a complete beat down. Give me back the days of the ticket windows and the scalpers. I actually liked those much better. And while I realize the Cowboys have a ticket window, last time I tried to use it they lied about ticket availability and tried to sell me a much more expensive ticket when the ticket companies had cheaper ones available. No thanks to that form of gouging, either!

[/oldmanrant] (I am actually only 48 lol)

The non-rant, game part:

That being said, I am interested to see how the OL and RB rooms do. OL I think could be either really good, or with some key injuries, a total dumpster fire that ends up getting Dak run over ala Troy Aikman his first season. The RB room will be good at the top, with Pollard very solid and perhaps Dowdle OK behind him. Malik Davis did fine last year but both he and Dowdle are limited on their upside, while both being supposedly competent 3rd stringers. You could probably mix and match them at this point. But, we are missing that second string quality guy where Deuce and Hunter don't do much for me at all (I could be wrong on the rookie, but I doubt it). Ronald Jones could be good enough as a poor man's Elliot and a halfway decent #2, but he has to stay off suspension first.

I worry more about the OL though, as the Jones family screwed up by going TE insted of OL in the second. Schoonmaker could be good but they had two decent options already and could have worked free agency for a decent third. I get the upside and helping Dak in the passing game, but honestly they needed to protect him with a solid OG first. Especially considering the Martin holdout. I think at some point this season, they pay for it. I understand perfectly why McCarthy looked pissed in the draft room after the first few rounds. Why the Jones boys (and McClay) constantly overload certain areas on the roster, and seemingly throw a dart at one or two positions to completely ignore every off season, is beyond me. But hey, that's what makes being a Cowboys fan so exciting lol!

I think the defense is near dominant and pretty deep, and I am not as worried about LB as many here are. I think they have a good veteran and several good young prospects that the position will end up working itself out by the middle of the season at the latest. They could use a veteran there also, if they feel one of the young dudes isn't quite ready for full time duties this season.

Diggs and Gilmore, enough said. They have been making Dak work in practice and that's a good thing for both sides. Iron sharpens iron.

Now lets go and hit somebody!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Is there some way we can ruin it for you? Do you have whatsapp or telegram?
As long as I stay away from Twitter, this board and one other site, and keep the bottom line of my TV screen covered during NFL Network’s broadcast, there isn’t anyway to ruin the suspense for me.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As long as I stay away from Twitter, this board and one other site, and keep the bottom line of my TV screen covered during NFL Network’s broadcast, there isn’t anyway to ruin the suspense.
Anybody have his phone number?

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I don’t want the results of the score or how players looked. I enjoy the drama.
Yeah, I don’t want to know who did good or who did bad, but the score matters less to me… but I guess that can give you some hints in and of itself, so I get it.

rambo2

Reaction score
Why don't you stream NFL + and watch it live? You get a 7 day free trial.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I had tickets to the game purchased through Stubhub, which resells, I suppose, from other vendors. The electronic tickets never came. So I called them and just got a refund, turns out ticketmaster never transferred them. Not on my ticketmaster account either using same email address. It's nice to know 3 hours before gametime I am not actually going.

This first part is a rant, because I f'ing hate the ticket companies. Besides the gouging on fees, they just suck at getting the basic things right like, I don't know, giving you the ticket you just paid for! I supposed I should be happy I don't have to drive to Arlington and deal with triple digit temps today, but honestly going to a game nowadays is a complete beat down. Give me back the days of the ticket windows and the scalpers. I actually liked those much better. And while I realize the Cowboys have a ticket window, last time I tried to use it they lied about ticket availability and tried to sell me a much more expensive ticket when the ticket companies had cheaper ones available. No thanks to that form of gouging, either!

[/oldmanrant] (I am actually only 48 lol)

The non-rant, game part:

That being said, I am interested to see how the OL and RB rooms do. OL I think could be either really good, or with some key injuries, a total dumpster fire that ends up getting Dak run over ala Troy Aikman his first season. The RB room will be good at the top, with Pollard very solid and perhaps Dowdle OK behind him. Malik Davis did fine last year but both he and Dowdle are limited on their upside, while both being supposedly competent 3rd stringers. You could probably mix and match them at this point. But, we are missing that second string quality guy where Deuce and Hunter don't do much for me at all (I could be wrong on the rookie, but I doubt it). Ronald Jones could be good enough as a poor man's Elliot and a halfway decent #2, but he has to stay off suspension first.

I worry more about the OL though, as the Jones family screwed up by going TE insted of OL in the second. Schoonmaker could be good but they had two decent options already and could have worked free agency for a decent third. I get the upside and helping Dak in the passing game, but honestly they needed to protect him with a solid OG first. Especially considering the Martin holdout. I think at some point this season, they pay for it. I understand perfectly why McCarthy looked pissed in the draft room after the first few rounds. Why the Jones boys (and McClay) constantly overload certain areas on the roster, and seemingly throw a dart at one or two positions to completely ignore every off season, is beyond me. But hey, that's what makes being a Cowboys fan so exciting lol!

I think the defense is near dominant and pretty deep, and I am not as worried about LB as many here are. I think they have a good veteran and several good young prospects that the position will end up working itself out by the middle of the season at the latest. They could use a veteran there also, if they feel one of the young dudes isn't quite ready for full time duties this season.

Diggs and Gilmore, enough said. They have been making Dak work in practice and that's a good thing for both sides. Iron sharpens iron.

Now lets go and hit somebody!
Which OL would you have taken in the second round?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yeah, I don’t want to know who did good or who did bad, but the score matters less to me… but I guess that can give you some hints in and of itself, so I get it.
That’s the reason I would rather not know the score, because it provides an indication of how we performed. However, preseason games can get away from you once the bubble players start coming in during the third and fourth quarter. Sometimes you can look pretty good in the first couple of quarters, but the game starts becoming sloppy as the fringe players start getting opportunities later on.

Mannix

Reaction score
It is that time of the year again
Hoping to see the rookies and a few young players.

Who are looking forward to seeing?
Jalen Brooks....just hope the ball is thrown his way, and they don't try and force Fehoko the ball with a bunch of safe passes to try and prove he's worthy of a spot...which he is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.