Game Day *** Cowboys vs Jets post game thread ***

Sadshow

Reaction score
I agree with you. The moore hiring was insane and seeing all the local know nothings at the fan and on twitter who wanted 10 personnel the offense to be run like a college offense with dak throwing 40 times every week would not shut up every time I did waste a minute or two listening this offseason.

CoachD

Reaction score
Ok it's 8:00 here where I live and I haven't seen anywhere that Jason Garrett has been fired now I wanna know why he's still the head coach of the Cowboys??
here's what I gleaned from the game:
l. dak should have taken the money. i'd take my offer off the table and let him test the waters in free agency. we can find another qb in free agency who will do just as good and cost less.
2. our war daddy, dlaw, must have been hunkered down in his fox hole. he was nowhere to be seen during the game. can we trade him? it would be nice, but not likely given his salary and performance.
3. as a whole, our d-line stinks. three games in a row they've been dominated by the other teams offensive lines.
4. as a whole, our o-line is looking very average. I thought we were deep at all positions, but it's not showing up on the field.
5. just another game that shows why garrett must go. the decision to go for it on 4th and two instead of taking the points was bush league.
6. and most telling, this team is soft. it has no heart. can't make them mad. can't embarrass them. jerry should walk in the locker room, throw an extra large box of feminine products on the floor and then leave without a word to let them know what he thought of their performance. it stunk.

Cern whats up, at this time Garrett is still the head coach now how is that possible?

cowboyec

Reaction score
•Bob Stoops
•Nick Saban
•Urban Meyer

let them bring in their own staff.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
49ers 5-0 and playing inspired. I mean why does 9 years snd today not hit Jerry like “had enough” It’s u real

ghst187

Reaction score
I don’t see another winnable game on our schedule.....except maybe the Skins and NYG

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Anyone know why Devin Smith has been inactive?

Does he not have the ability to play special teams or something?

I thought he was going to be a part of this offense after he got his shot in Washington.

They got a good look at him for 2 games as a starter and he went invisible.

75boyz

Reaction score
This team isn’t winning but 2-3 more games.

How can anyone objectively see anymore than that? We just got smoked by the Jets.

There are a whole lotta different opinions and perspectives on this forum that are far fetched and outlandish which I don’t agree with so I ignore.

Your opinion here is one I share as well though.

Amarichill started a post of should we just tank instead of the same old, same old? Higher pick each round and the regular discussion points when tanking was brought up...

I mean, whats the real difference at this point?

The ceiling for this team is not at a Lombardi level so I agreed with him that I prefer a higher graded draft guy in every round rather than this same old song and dance for this last Garret Decade.

New coaching blood and new top of the rounds draft picks.

Need something new.

Anything.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
4. as a whole, our o-line is looking very average. I thought we were deep at all positions, but it's not showing up on the field.
I'd say the depth did show up. Both Ts out, but the oline was functional. And T isn't where we really had the best depth.
The real depth is in the interior.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Let's face it....The team is listless... the wrong players get way too many chances. Players that seem to help like J. Lewis are off the field most of the time. People are too loyal to guys that are losers. A total reflection of their HC. A backup...not a winner at all. That's who is leading the Cowboys right now. Expect 8-8. The facts are facts.

8-8 if we're lucky.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
Id promote Gary Brown...they'd probably promote Richard or Moore.

I like Gary but he seems like a players' coach. I want someone a little bit tougher who knows the game. Moore is too inexperienced and Richard is a viable interim choice. However, I would not make him the permanent HC.

Sadshow

Reaction score
I agree with you. The moore hiring was insane and seeing all the local know nothings at the fan and on twitter who wanted 10 personnel the offense to be run like a college offense with dak throwing 40 times every week would not shut up every time I did waste a minute or two listening this offseason.
where'd you guys go?
I am now in my 44th year as a Cowboys fan and I must tell you the older I get the harder this is to watch.Every time I get a little more of my heart ripped out by this team . I will always be a Cowboys fan but please please stop this mediocrity. We need more fire in our bellies more players like Aikman and Haley and Irvin getting in peoples faces leaving spit dripping from their face masks!

CoachD

Reaction score
I was totally dumbfounded at halftime by the lack of blitz packages the Cowboys have and I was shocked that they had some and they were very effective in the second half but so much for that. Garrett needs to be fired and so does Marinelli AND Kris Richards!

Last edited:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Besides the Dolphins, the Cowboys are the only NFL team that can make the Jets look good.
Sad thing, is the Dolphins are the only team that make us look good.

I wonder how many sacks Taco had today. Maybe he'll beat Lawrence for the year.