Game Day *** Cowboys vs Jets post game thread ***

RoboQB

Reaction score
Who said he was a terrible teammate at Dallas?.....Who?.....the ones who don't hold the right people accountable....is my point.....since TO came up.
This is the same organization doing that now.....failing to have accountability in poor coaching or poor play.

Oh, so you are basing his character on each team he played for.
How convenient for you.
Pretty much, the Dallas media reported that he was upset at Romo
and Witten for making up plays without him. He turned a slew of players
against coaches. Namely Patrick Crayton and Tashad Choice.
He created division in the locker room.

But hey, it's not like when he claimed Jeff Garcia was gay. (A family man)
Or like when he threw Donovan McNabb under the bus a few times, including
post SB. ((not that I care about McNabb) Or when he started a fight with
Hugh Douglass in the locker room.

Law of averages say there's probably stories about him in Cincinnati and Buffalo,
but who really cares about those teams.

Hell, he was a complete jerk right up to and including his HOF induction.
Why would anyone defend his character?

ShiningStar

Reaction score
so many fans are excited that we are mediocre.

who is still feeling "this team feels different"? remember that week?

you guys keep falling for it.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Not sure what "married the dbs, lbs, and front 4 means but yes...he has been calling the plays since last september. And yes...the defense has been going backwards all season. So no, I wouldn't think he is line to take over as HC.

It means his role is literally to call the LBs and DBs and then coordinate that with Marinelli's line calls. His title is defensive passing game coordinator. He coaches, schemes and calls the LBs and DBs. And no, he wasn't calling the plays on his own last year. Cue up the tape. He was doing more of the play calls towards the end of the season, but Marinelli was still making calls even as far into the season as the playoff game against the Rams.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending Richards. I said day one if he was so great Seattle wouldn't have fired him. I certainly was not among those anointing him. I'm just setting the facts straight. No, he did not come in and start calling the defense day one. That's patently false.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
so many fans are excited that we are mediocre.

who is still feeling "this team feels different"? remember that week?

you guys keep falling for it.

Did you literally just ignore every post game tweet, article, and every post on this forum? Who are these excited people?

I swear some of you just make stuff up to ridicule and imaginary enemy.

Cmac

Reaction score
Oh, so you are basing his character on each team he played for.
How convenient for you.
Pretty much, the Dallas media reported that he was upset at Romo
and Witten for making up plays without him. He turned a slew of players
against coaches. Namely Patrick Crayton and Tashad Choice.
He created division in the locker room.

But hey, it's not like when he claimed Jeff Garcia was gay. (A family man)
Or like when he threw Donovan McNabb under the bus a few times, including
post SB. ((not that I care about McNabb) Or when he started a fight with
Hugh Douglass in the locker room.

Law of averages say there's probably stories about him in Cincinnati and Buffalo,
but who really cares about those teams.

Hell, he was a complete jerk right up to and including his HOF induction.
Why would anyone defend his character?
….like I wrote earlier......no accountability and you hell bent on TO....in case you forgot....Jets won today and everybody will report this week like nothing happened.

khiladi

Reaction score
I was against the unwarranted Moore promotion. It was all hope and fairy tales. If Moore showed as much promise as they claimed, they should have hired a veteran OC (with a very different system that Linehan) to teach him new concepts and groom him some more. No one was going to steal our 1-year QB Coach. It was simply Jerry trying to get in on the Sean McVay/Kyle Shanahan hype.

Linehan was the scapegoat last year. They retained Moore, because they weren’t going to change the offense in Garrett’s last year and with Dak’s contract ending. Moore was Linehan’s guy, brought from Detroit by him and kept on the practice squad to run the offense. Jones wanted a new play-caller, but same offense.

It may also be a way for Jerry to completely clean house with a new coach. If Garrett fails, the new coach can come in and bring in who he wants with whatever offense they deem fit.

RoboQB

Reaction score
….like I wrote earlier......no accountability and you hell bent on TO....in case you forgot....Jets won today and everybody will report this week like nothing happened.

Dude, you just want to be mad.
I responded to a comment on T.O.
You want to pack everything into one comment.
Move on. Your conversation skills needs work.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If I'm Jerry, JG is coaching for his job this week.

Beat the Eagles and you're safe for the season (still canning you after it, barring a miracle playoff run).

Lose and you can clean out your office Monday morning. No reason to put off the inevitable, and I've got a bye week for the interim coach.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Beaten by Adam Gase's Jets. Ouch!
tenor.gif

ghst187

Reaction score
I think the Chargers are the afc version of us. They had SB expectations to start the season and have just looked terrible most games now losing to a bad team starting their THIRD string QB. Third!
They also always underperform the second there are expectations. Once there aren’t any, they will surprise.
They can’t overcome one or two injuries...outschemed....sound familiar?