Game Day ***Cowboys vs Lions Post game thread***

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Can we discuss Garrett not calling timeouts when Detroit got to the half yard line w 25 seconds left? Even if Stafford spikes it they have 3 more chances from there to score.

We should have called TO right away and let them score. At least then we are down 1 point with 25 seconds left and a timeout. Time for 2-3 passes on offense and a long FG attempt. At least try it Garrett but as always at the end of close games he cannot think he freezes up

That requires actual game management and under standing of down, distance, time on clock, ect...............................Opie is clueless when it comes to those things.

Marcuz

Reaction score
News flash...............Giants are only 2 games back.........philly is only 1 game back...........Commanders are still hanging around................8-8 might win this division, but we may not be the team that is 8-8.

Yep it will come down to who wants it the least. Nothing quite like winning the division by default.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So close to 5-3, with the Vikings up next.

But that's just how this team is.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
And it doesn't restart after the penalty?

Would it restart on a def penalty?

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Lol if you were drunk for this game!! I wouldve been beyond pissed if I was drunk lol

bark

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it should have but it sure didn't.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Jason Garrett has made a career breaking records in just over 3 years as the head coach with the Cowboys. He found a way to lose a game with his offense scoring 48 freaking points, at home. He found a way to lose a game after winning the turnover battle 4-0. A couple of years ago, he lost how many games after having double digit leads in the 4th quarter???? Jason Garrett rewriting the Dallas Cowboy's record books!!!!! Yea!!!!

kirkjrk

Reaction score
only a true football idiot would say a lot of this was on Romo.

U take Romo as your QB and see where your team finishes. Middle of the pack or lower. U may then want to reaccess who the football idiot is.

Wayne02

Reaction score
T smith thanks idiot

I don't understand why Tyron Smith hasn't gotten much of the blame, he is the one who cost the Cowboys that game. Dez Bryant's antics should mean very little when compared to Tyron Smith's holding blunder.

visionary

Reaction score
Wow. The Cowboys still have to face Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers. This defense might set the NFL record for passing yards allowed in a season. They may be close already. 8 games played and 4 QBs have passed for over 400 yards against them. Christian Ponder is thinking that the Cowboy game may be his resurrection. The Cowboys will probably win their sucky division, but there is no hope for a playoff win with this team. There was no defensive plan on that last drive. They just put 8 defenders back there and let them play run-around sand-lot football.

I will say that I do not blame this all on the defense. I have always been a Romo supporter, but if he gets hit early in a game, he gets hesitant, short-arms throws, and responds to pressure that isn't there. Look at his first half passes. Way off the mark, or thrown to guys who are blanketed when he still had time to look around. Even the first TD to Dez was a bad pass with a spectacular catch. Romo made a half-dozen good throws today, and a dozen bad ones.
And just to add insult to injury, they trip our WR it is incidental contact. We trip theirs and it is pass interference. (although I think Scandrick did have his hand on the guy so in real time it looked like a grab.)

Badly out-coached. The play calling was terrible and predictable, and the OL played their worst game of the year. 2-54 says it all. Championship caliber teams win games like this. Oh, wait. Championship teams don't have games like this.

great post
spot on

visionary

Reaction score
Can we discuss Garrett not calling timeouts when Detroit got to the half yard line w 25 seconds left? Even if Stafford spikes it they have 3 more chances from there to score.

We should have called TO right away and let them score. At least then we are down 1 point with 25 seconds left and a timeout. Time for 2-3 passes on offense and a long FG attempt. At least try it Garrett but as always at the end of close games he cannot think he freezes up

just as importantly, if we dont attempt a play and just kneel on third down and then kick the FG, the lions have a good 30-40 seconds less

simple clock management and situational game awareness that a good NFL HC should have

Garrett is not that