Game Day ***Cowboys vs Lions Post game thread***

Animosity

Reaction score
even if we do make the playoffs (i seriously doubt it), we would lose in the first game. We are a young QB and a revamped defense away from becoming a serious contender

mmohican29

Reaction score
They had ample time to spike it - you need to think not me. First off, the lack of timeout left our defense panting and unprepared for what actually happened, genius. second, even if Stafford spikes it as expected, you don't think they score from the half yard line with 12 seconds left and time for 3 passes?

Calling a TO there gets us ready for either a goal line stand or getting the ball back with a lot more time than 12 seconds. and we still had a timeout after that. Like Garrett you need to think also before replying stupidly

This. Their probability of scoring from one yard is about 80%. Could have conserved 15 seconds.

dupree89

Reaction score
This organization is just a mess. I cant do it, but I wish I was a Browns fan. At least then I'd have lower expectations. :)

novenom

Reaction score
I really believe we should just blow this thing up 8-8 gets you nowhere. Garrett has not improved this team one bit.

StarHead69

Reaction score
We were undermanned on both sides of the ball. I 'thought we had the game won... until a stupid holding call stopped the clock. I'm having a hard time blaming Garrett or.Romo for this one. That was the worst thing that could've happened barring a turnover.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Garrett needs to go, period. We also need to build this defense with Dline and safety depth.

popp1234

Reaction score
Gut wrenching.
The phrase that haunts this team: You are what your record says you are.
The irony is that we are still in first place.
Jerry Jones probably doesn't have any mirrors in his house, otherwise every morning he'd stare the main person to blame for this mess square in the face.
:(:(:(:(

I can't come up with words to describe this team. I think the players play hard. It just seems like its a black cloud over this organization.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
If there's anything I've learned in these forums over the past few years, it's that there will always be good reasons to lose. There will always be bad injuries. There will always be tough environments. There will always be bad bounces that could've gone the other way. There will always be great players on the other team.

You can find mitigating factors all over the place. But here's the truth:

8-8, 8-8, 4-4.

I know it's difficult to win in this league. In fact, it's so difficult, I can't even fathom it. The demand for players and coaches capable of winning in the NFL far exceeds the supply of players and coaches capable of winning in the NFL.

But that's why they make so much. They're paid to win. You can pay anyone to sit at home and watch the playoffs.

newlander

Reaction score
This guy needs and infraction for making starting a baseless statement about a player. When it was said about Ratliff people were told you couldn't talk about it unless there was proof. This guy keeps pressing this nonsense and doesn't know that football is and emotional game. Grow up kid

we are in agreement 88.....Dez is a kid that needs to grow up....well done! He proved it today: numerous times by ranting and raving continually. THEN he took turns screaming at Romo, some young Asst. coach, Witten and finally Ware....still going to stick up for him? Get a CLUE

newlander

Reaction score
I can't come up with words to describe this team. I think the players play hard. It just seems like its a black cloud over this organization.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.. ....ya think? Check out my avatar: HE'S the black cloud. Al Davis Jr. keeps rolling merrily along making his benjamins. Somebody posted a stat a few weeks ago in here: .500 team last 15 yrs with NO meaningful playoff wins...not one. Says it all.

Reaction score
cowboys snatch defeat from the jaws of victory like no one else, most unclutch team in the history of the game

This pretty much sums it up. This team is the exact opposite of clutch. How many different ways of losing are there. These guys manage to find every one of them

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Jason Garrett playing to lose again.

CooterBrown

Reaction score
Wow. The Cowboys still have to face Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers. This defense might set the NFL record for passing yards allowed in a season. They may be close already. 8 games played and 4 QBs have passed for over 400 yards against them. Christian Ponder is thinking that the Cowboy game may be his resurrection. The Cowboys will probably win their sucky division, but there is no hope for a playoff win with this team. There was no defensive plan on that last drive. They just put 8 defenders back there and let them play run-around sand-lot football.

I will say that I do not blame this all on the defense. I have always been a Romo supporter, but if he gets hit early in a game, he gets hesitant, short-arms throws, and responds to pressure that isn't there. Look at his first half passes. Way off the mark, or thrown to guys who are blanketed when he still had time to look around. Even the first TD to Dez was a bad pass with a spectacular catch. Romo made a half-dozen good throws today, and a dozen bad ones.
And just to add insult to injury, they trip our WR it is incidental contact. We trip theirs and it is pass interference. (although I think Scandrick did have his hand on the guy so in real time it looked like a grab.)

Badly out-coached. The play calling was terrible and predictable, and the OL played their worst game of the year. 2-54 says it all. Championship caliber teams win games like this. Oh, wait. Championship teams don't have games like this.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
We were undermanned on both sides of the ball. I 'thought we had the game won... until a stupid holding call stopped the clock. I'm having a hard time blaming Garrett or.Romo for this one. That was the worst thing that could've happened barring a turnover.

But it seems to always happen to the Cowboys. I don't think that's coincidental or random.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score

There's always going to be valid reasons to lose.

9of11

Reaction score
its all Sean Lee's fault. Period! He didn't try hard enough..he didn't make enough interceptions...He didn't try hard enough...:)

dupree89

Reaction score
But it seems to always happen to the Cowboys. I don't think that's coincidental or random.
100% right. Penalties are a lack of discipline. And discipline starts and ends with the head coach.