Game Day *** Cowboys vs Lions post game thread ***

CB61

Reaction score
Surprised nobody is mentioning our horrible ST's play...
I think there was plenty said about it during the game football team with the exception of the offense when they got going wasn't worth mentioning

CB61

Reaction score
Looking at this Philly Patriots game so far it looks like we need to figure out a screen game Blake jarwin would be the best candidate for that I believe but I don't believe this coaching staff will do anything about it they'll just play their regular game like throwing crap against the wall and hope it sticks

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
It’s a win, and all wins are good wins. From a critical standpoint, we saw the same things that cost the Cowboys against better opponents—slow starts, short fields for opponents, can’t force turnovers.

The running game has disappeared as well. It was like watching the team with Romo circa 2011.

cern

Reaction score
Im not sure it’s fair to say Cooper had a down game. His snaps were limited because he was banged up, so that limited his opportunities, plus the fact the Lions committed their best DB to Cooper was part of why Cobb and Gallup were able to get open.
how about the plays when cooper was on the bench which were many? cobb and especially gallup stepped it up.

CB61

Reaction score
how about the plays when cooper was on the bench which were many? cobb and especially gallup stepped it up.
I think there's something up with Cooper injury wise

CB61

Reaction score
And they did one hell of a job of it that's what a team should do

cern

Reaction score
I think there's something up with Cooper injury wise
ankle, foot and knee. i'm surprised he plays as well as he does when he's in there. he just needs to take it easy until these nagging things heal.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn’t mean to imply Gallup and Cobb didn’t play well, was just saying that Cooper’s opportunities on the field were limited because of his injuries, and that by drawing the attention of Detroit’s best cover guy he still benefitted the team even when not targeted.

cowboyec

Reaction score
anyone heard anything on Collins and that knee?

saw him in the locker-room looked happy...thats a good sign.

cern

Reaction score
I didn’t mean to imply Gallup and Cobb didn’t play well, was just saying that Cooper’s opportunities on the field were limited because of his injuries, and that by drawing the attention of Detroit’s best cover guy he still benefitted the team even when not targeted.
and I meant that when cooper wasn't on the field, their best cover guy had to be covering cobb or gallup, both who had big games. but I get your point. from wr by committee early last year to arguably the best threesome in the league in one year is a pretty good upgrade.

CB61

Reaction score
Does anybody think that someone from Dallas is watching this game and taking notes and maybe change the game plan for next week? Because so far it looks like Philly has a pretty good game plan