Game Day ***Cowboys vs Lions Pregame Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwehlers

Reaction score
Detroit ranks third running the football and Gibbs is averaging 5.7 a carry, so we better buckle down against the run tonight or this could end up being a long game, despite playing at home. We can’t afford to get behind or they’ll bang us all night with their ground game.
the running game that the lions have will help them maybe have a chance at getting to the nfc championship game.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
the running game that the lions have will help them maybe have a chance at getting to the nfc championship game.
Don’t see them getting past SF with it. They rank third against the run. They’ll force Goff to have to beat them and he’s not Lamar Jackson.

Motorola

Reaction score
Will a home game mean a win?
Will they break the losing streak?
Will they continue the losing streak?

Should make for a interesting game.
Even though this the 64th season of the Cowboys in the NFL, they have played the Lions only 30 times previously.
Series record wins____Dallas 18, Detroit 12
Cowboys 16 - 11 over the Lions in regular season games, 2 -1 in the playoffs.
Remember watching the 1970 divisional playoff game on TV in San Antonio as a teenager (and coming off a fractured wrist playing middle school football earlier that fall).
Over half a century later, the 5-0 win at the Cotton Bowl (btw...the first NFL postseason game played on artificial turf) still remains the lowest scoring playoff game in league history...and has been saddled with the label as "the ugliest NFL playoff game".

Hadenough

Reaction score
This game means nothing to me. But, I’ll watch it to see how the cowboys mess it up. ;)
Sounds about right for me too! Dak has ruined the loyalty I once had for this team. He is no leader! A true leader leads by his play and players are inspired to do anything for the team. Dak goes through his reads so slow that the defense knows he's going to his check down before Dak does. That's why the check down always gets blown up.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Good comparison. The Seahawks and Lions met in week two. Seattle won 37-31 in overtime.
As im saying this I feel like i'm jinxing the Cowboys, but Detroit's pass defense will allow Dallas to either blow them out or never be out of this game.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Nick Mullins threw for 400 yds against the Detroit defense. Dak better hang 40 on this Detroit team or put a bag over his head.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not ashamed to admit I didn't know they were playing tonight. Definitely not going to change my plans tonight.

Mark

Reaction score
ESPN Analytics win probability as of 4PM EST: DAL 70% DET 30%.

It was even-up a day ago. Wonder what changed?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Cowboys pull it off in convincing fashion, the more I think about it. The key will be being creative early on.

I really liked McCarthy's play calling against the Fins last week. Aside from getting to cute on what I believe was a RPO at the goal line, he was brilliant. I haven't checked if Luepke is active. But if he is, I'd probably even put him back out there. Right now, however, is not the time to have your rookie FB be the run option in an RPO play scheme. Keep it relatively simple for him, until he gets enough experience to shake off the rookie jitters.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
14 points tonight and the Cowboys will have scored the most points at home in a season in team history.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
ESPN Analytics win probability as of 4PM EST: DAL 70% DET 30%.

It was even-up a day ago. Wonder what changed?
Well the spread is now down to 4.5. It was 5.5-6 yesterday. Late money coming in on Detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.