Game Day ***Cowboys vs Packers post game thread***

cml750

Reaction score
But we haven't found a QB. He's a good QB, but I want a Roger Staubach, a Troy Aikman, the guy from Baltimore, Eli Manning of old. Anyone who knows how to get it done, that's who I want.

So you want a QB who can overcome bad coaching and lack of talent? I get it but none of the guys on your list fit that criteria. They have all had better coaching and better talent (although our team was very talented from 2007- 2010 but saddled with bad coaching). I believe Romo could hang with any of the guys on your list if he played with their talent and coaching. If Jerry had hired a real coach after Tuna left, I do not believe we would even be having this discussion and we would have a few more Lombardi trophies in the case.

wileedog

Reaction score
If my Father was Donald Trump, I'd be a billionaire. He didn't catch it, we lose. But going back before that, the game would have been un reachable if Romo had not choked earlier. The guy is a small school cluts, a career journeyman, he wasn't made for this. I'm sorry, 9 years of evidence doesn't lie.

I apologize, I should have know better to even respond to the rantings.

Continue with your keen insights, everyone is learning a great deal from your vast depth of knowledge, logic, and football acumen.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
But we haven't found a QB. He's a good QB, but I want a Roger Staubach, a Troy Aikman, the guy from Baltimore, Eli Manning of old. Anyone who knows how to get it done, that's who I want.

Your whole rambling, nonsensical argument goes up in smoke when you mention Eli and Flacco.

Flacco just threw a terrible season ending pick

Eli throws more balls up for grabs than any QB I have ever seen. He got lucky in the first SB with the Tyree catch and couldn't make that throw again if he had to in the second SB.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
You can always count on certain people to show up when things finally work in their favor. He hasn't been able to rag on Romo much this season so he's had to keep his mouth shut, and not be able to show his lack of football knowledge, but the first chance he gets to he's out in force trying like heck to make people think he knows what he's talking about.

Thank God for the ignore button. I didn't even have to see his posts but I can tell by all the response in this thread, to nothing (since ignore is so kind as to hide even the quoted posts for me), that the people here have to be responding to one person and one person only.

Only Clove could be this far off when it comes to the QB of this team.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
What was the end result? He pulled it together, an won. You have ZERO argument. Not to mention, he has a trophy. Please do more homework before stepping up.

:laugh:

You guys are funny.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
1 trophy to 0. Several Super Bowl appearances to 0. Multiple NFL records and Multiple Conference Championship games to 0. Come on man.

Clove is right, all we have to do is get the next Peyton Manning, Aaron Rogers or Tom Brady. Can't be that hard, right?

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
What I DO know, is that I don't want Romo. If he was in his 3rd year, I may take a chance. But this is a decade, it doesn't take that long to win. Look at Russell Wilson, he owns Romo when it comes to winning. Guy has ice water in his veins, and he shows up when the lights are one. Romo, we've seen your act, it stinks, now go away and take your 100 mil with you. P.S. Enjoy your hot wife.

So you are saying we should take the Ricky Bobby approach? If you ain't first, you're last? Cut an at worst top 10 QB and search for the next guy who will be the best QB in the league? Spoiler alert, the vets on this team will love that.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
You can always count on certain people to show up when things finally work in their favor. He hasn't been able to rag on Romo much this season so he's had to keep his mouth shut, and not be able to show his lack of football knowledge, but the first chance he gets to he's out in force trying like heck to make people think he knows what he's talking about.

Thank God for the ignore button. I didn't even have to see his posts but I can tell by all the response in this thread, to nothing (since ignore is so kind as to hide even the quoted posts for me), that the people here have to be responding to one person and one person only.

Only Clove could be this far off when it comes to the QB of this team.

I've never noticed him. It's amazing that someone with 40k posts could be so wrong.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I see, so you define a QB based off of how the team finishes.

I had no idea Russell Wilson was the best QB in the game last year. Learn something new every day.

They have this thing called QBR. Romo led it this year. Because he was the most efficient, effective QB in the entire league this year. Bar none. Including Aaron Rodgers. Who, admittedly was right there with him.

C'mon Risen, you didn't know Trent Dilfer was better than Dan Marino? You didn't know that Brad Johnson was better than Jim Kelly? How did you get so many "likes?"

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
So what would you call Aaron Rodgers bobbling a fumble and turning the ball over to the Cowboys? A choke job?
Look, I don't even feel like arguing this. If you feel Romo is at fault for this game, so be it.

Harder to sit by and listen to this than you thought, huh?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I've never noticed him. It's amazing that someone with 40k posts could be so wrong.

Not really.

Post counts mean absolutely nothing.

Especially when more than half of those are anti-Romo rants that only got more and more ignorant by the post.

It's why the ignore button is your best friend on these types of forums because you just have those handful of people who simply shouldn't ever post about football, and show their lack of knowledge on the subject to the world, and this keeps those posts out of the way of the people who at least display some sort of actual football knowledge.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Sad that you can't handle the truth, but you can't run from it either. I have actually for the first time in years, been supportive of Romo this season. I've always said, if a guy is doing good, I'll give him his due. But if he sucks, he'll know about that too. I'm an equal opportunity basher. I've also bashed my favorite player Dez Bryant. As a matter of fact, I'd reconsider acquiring Dez Bryant if it means getting a top notched defense and ultimately helping us get to the Super Bowl and win it.

I care about the Cowboys, not Romo, not Bryant, not Martin, not Witten or lawrance, or Scandrick more than I care about the team as a franchise. You see, those guys weren't around in the 70s when we dominated the Super Bowl circuit. These guys weren't around when we won in the 90s, and they won't be around in 15 years or so when I'm in my 60s talking bad about us if we still can't win a Super Bowl title. I care about the Dallas Cowboys. And when you care about the players more than the team, then you lose perspective. Our perspective over the years has changed. We sound more like a Tampa Bay fan base than a Dallas Cowboys, used to winning franchise.

And you guys care about all these cute stats. All the thousands of yards, hundreds of touch downs, all the completion percentages, all that stuff. What I care about is showing up today, and other times in the last 19 years. I care about what we do in games like this. This team choke, and a Romo led team ALWAYS chokes. It's been written in all his 9 years, I didn't write that, he wrote that.

Do I hate Romo? Not as a person, but I hate him as the QB for the Dallas Cowboys. I also hated Quincy, Testeverde, Bledsoe, Henson, Weeden, just pile them up and I don't want them on my team. Jerry Jones refused to draft a 1st round QB in over 25 years. He's such a tool, he thinks he's so smart, he can pull a guy out of the woods of wisconsin and win a Super Bowl with him. Where are the Super Bowls Jerry Jones? So ignore me if you want, but facts are facts, and mark my words, I've said it for 5 or 6 years straight, we will NEVER win a Super bowl with Romo, EVER!!!!!!!!!

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Sad that you can't handle the truth, but you can't run from it either. I have actually for the first time in years, been supportive of Romo this season. I've always said, if a guy is doing good, I'll give him his due. But if he sucks, he'll know about that too. I'm an equal opportunity basher. I've also bashed my favorite player Dez Bryant. As a matter of fact, I'd reconsider acquiring Dez Bryant if it means getting a top notched defense and ultimately helping us get to the Super Bowl and win it.

I care about the Cowboys, not Romo, not Bryant, not Martin, not Witten or lawrance, or Scandrick more than I care about the team as a franchise. You see, those guys weren't around in the 70s when we dominated the Super Bowl circuit. These guys weren't around when we won in the 90s, and they won't be around in 15 years or so when I'm in my 60s talking bad about us if we still can't win a Super Bowl title. I care about the Dallas Cowboys. And when you care about the players more than the team, then you lose perspective. Our perspective over the years has changed. We sound more like a Tampa Bay fan base than a Dallas Cowboys, used to winning franchise.

And you guys care about all these cute stats. All the thousands of yards, hundreds of touch downs, all the completion percentages, all that stuff. What I care about is showing up today, and other times in the last 19 years. I care about what we do in games like this. This team choke, and a Romo led team ALWAYS chokes. It's been written in all his 9 years, I didn't write that, he wrote that.

Do I hate Romo? Not as a person, but I hate him as the QB for the Dallas Cowboys. I also hated Quincy, Testeverde, Bledsoe, Henson, Weeden, just pile them up and I don't want them on my team. Jerry Jones refused to draft a 1st round QB in over 25 years. He's such a tool, he thinks he's so smart, he can pull a guy out of the woods of wisconsin and win a Super Bowl with him. Where are the Super Bowls Jerry Jones? So ignore me if you want, but facts are facts, and mark my words, I've said it for 5 or 6 years straight, we will NEVER win a Super bowl with Romo, EVER!!!!!!!!!

sure

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score

Kick rocks .

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
So you are saying we should take the Ricky Bobby approach? If you ain't first, you're last? Cut an at worst top 10 QB and search for the next guy who will be the best QB in the league? Spoiler alert, the vets on this team will love that.
The vets on this team aren't winning any Super Bowls so they can hit the road jack if they want. If you have good scouts and a great coach, you can take guys like Kaepernik to the Super Bowl. When you have a dumb GM, followed by a no body coach, which I actually like now, but to be consistent, you take a nobody coach like Garrett, you get Romo.

And no matter what you said, we just haven't done anything with Romo. Now if I have a beautiful car, but it's always breaking down, I don't care how it looks how many girls like it, I'm getting something better.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Do I hate Romo? Not as a person, but I hate him as the QB for the Dallas Cowboys. I also hated Quincy, Testeverde, Bledsoe, Henson, Weeden, just pile them up and I don't want them on my team. Jerry Jones refused to draft a 1st round QB in over 25 years.

Again, during the Romo era, there hasn't bee a single QB worth taking when we were on the board in round 1. You could argue Aaron Rogers, and I'd agree, but Romo hadn't played a down yet.