Game Day ***Cowboys vs Packers post game thread***

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Dak is NOT clutch. I just recently watched a team that came up clutch time after time on the biggest stage in their sport.

Dak is not worth his contract and the Cowboys better be looming at moving on from him.

And McCarthy’s decision to go for it on 4TH abd short in OT when he has a kicker that has a reasonable shot at the go-ahead FG in OT?

Cowboys fans were shorted today.

With the way our defence was playing, Rodgers probably scores if we get the FG. The plan was to try to score without giving Rodgers the ball back. To me, that's the correct plan.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Oh, it could have been worse. At least Dallas didn’t lose to Saturday and the Colts! :lmao:

Reactions: ICP

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
there isn't a 2nd OT in the regular season.
if dallas scores a td there...the game ends.
if they kick the fg then green bay has a shot to win it with a td.
in my opinion...they should've kicked the fg and try to win it with our defense.
i love mccarthy but that was too aggressive.

Usually, I would agree with kicking the fg. But it's Rodgers, how many times has he driven the Packers to a late touchdown, not just against us but others? Especially us, and in GB. And depend on our defense? After not only giving up a two-td lead but with Dallas missing both Brown and Lewis in defensive backfield?

Sad to say, Dallas lost the momentum big time, it was clear at that point that the Packers could score at will, Dallas was going to win or lose the game on their last play, score a td and win or kick the field goal and lose.

But I get the reasoning for going for the fg....

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
  • 1. Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes: $45 million
  • 2. Bills QB Josh Allen: $43 million
  • 3. Cowboys QB Dak Prescott: $40 million
  • 4. Texans QB Deshaun Watson: $39 million
  • 5. Seahawks QB Russell Wilson: $35 million
Just gonna leave this right here. Are we getting what we paid for?

Can we say 40% of those players deserve their pay? Ya'll decide who the 60% who don't are. Hint: It's not 1 and 2.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Fat Mike not going for the FG was just dumb, you take your 3 and play defense.

Well division is toast now; we are 3.5 games back with 8 to play. We pretty much have to run the table and have Philly play .500 ball from here on out. Neither of those things are happening, so division is a wrap now.

And if we lose to the Vikes next week, which is highly probable, even a Wildcard is starting to look iffy.

"you take your 3 and play defense"
Play defense? What defense? Green Bay rushed for over 200 yards and 1 TD and scored 3 TDs passing plus 1 FG.
Is that the defense that was going to save the game?
McCarthy had just watched that defense fail to stop GB overcome a 14 point deficit in the 4th quarter, and we were faced with a low percentage 53 yd FG attempt into the wind, and if we missed it, GB could've won with just a FG.
I'd venture that the odds were at least as good we could go for it on 4th and 3 and maintain possession in pursuit of a game winning TD. I don't think that decision was dumb at all. It's easy to try and second guess the situation in retrospect, but it was a tough decision.

Last edited: