Game Day ***Cowboys vs Packers Post Game Thread***

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Keep complaining about the QB drafted at the very end of the 4th round and forget the GM who doesn't know how to build a team capable of helping said QB.
If you want real quality at QB, you need to draft one in the first round (preferably in the top half).
The last time we spent a first round pick on a QB?
35 years ago!
Complaining about the GM is about as useful as banging your head against a brick wall. :banghead: Jerry isn't going anywhere.

When you do as the Cowboys have done by making the playoffs year after year but then underperform once you get there, you are undermining your ability to prosper from the way the draft is set up. @IrishAnto here seems to think we are in a position to draft a quality QB in the first round. That's not going to happen because they are all gone by the time our turn to pick comes up.

mldardy

Reaction score
I know who does and that's where the fault lies!
If you think changing the coach (again) without changing the GM (and I know that won't change) will make a difference, then your fooling yourself!
I have no idea what you are getting at. We’re pretty much in agreement.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
Complaining about the GM is about as useful as banging your head against a brick wall. :banghead: Jerry isn't going anywhere.

When you do as the Cowboys have done by making the playoffs year after year but then underperform once you get there, you are undermining your ability to prosper from the way the draft is set up. @IrishAnto here seems to think we are in a position to draft a quality QB in the first round. That's not going to happen because they are all gone by the time our turn to pick comes up.
You ever heard of trading up?

IrishAnto

Reaction score
I have no idea what you are getting at. We’re pretty much in agreement.
Where did I say the coaching wasn't the problem?
When in the last couple of decades have the Cowboys done that from the bottom third of draft position? You are great at theory, pal but you don't seem to grasp reality all that well.
And therein lies the problem!
If you don't try, then you don't get!
Since your complaining about the QB play, what's your plan to fix it?

IrishAnto

Reaction score
When in the last couple of decades have the Cowboys done that from the bottom third of draft position? You are great at theory, pal but you don't seem to grasp reality all that well.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
The second part was for @JoeKing not you.
I never said coaching wasn't bad in the game, but McCarthy is the sixth HC since we last won an SB.
We've changed everything about the organization apart form the GM and we still end up like we did last night.
The GM is the problem!
Unless the GM changes his ways (unlikely) or he's replaced then expect the next HC to do the same job as his six predecessors!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Where did I say the coaching wasn't the problem?

Stop giving Dak a pass each year he underperforms at the end of the season! How's that for starters?

With the 24th pick in the first round, it will be difficult to trade up enough to get a high-quality QB. Those opportunities are given to teams with the worst records. So that's what it may take to fix our QB play. Mail in a season and then draft a quality first-round QB.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
Stop giving Dak a pass each year he underperforms at the end of the season! How's that for starters?

With the 24th pick in the first round, it will be difficult to trade up enough to get a high-quality QB. Those opportunities are given to teams with the worst records. So that's what it may take to fix our QB play. Mail in a season and then draft a quality first-round QB.
Where did I give Dak a pass?
I just realise what your likely to get from a guy drafted at the end of the 4th!
Just like the guy Dak took over from, an Undrafted Free Agent (Romo).
There are limits to what your going to get from QBs like that (apart from a couple of rare exceptions)
I've no problem mailing in a season, however Jerry won't let that happen.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Where did I give Dak a pass?
I just realise what your likely to get from a guy drafted at the end of the 4th!
Just like the guy Dak took over from, an Undrafted Free Agent (Romo).
There are limits to what your going to get from QBs like that (apart from a couple of rare exceptions)
I've no problem mailing in a season, however Jerry won't let that happend
I'm not saying you gave Dak a pass. I'm saying that's what has been happening by the decision-makers. We agree that we need a first-round quality draft pick at QB.

Jerry won't do what I suggested by mailing in a season but you asked me what I would do.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
I'm not saying you gave Dak a pass. I'm saying that's what has been happening by the decision-makers. We agree that we need a first-round quality draft pick at QB.

Jerry won't do what I suggested by mailing in a season but you asked me what I would do.
So if he won't mail in a season, the only other option is to trade up!

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thank God we have Stephen (we're football people, you're just fans) and his daddy running the next handful of personnel moves!
What could possibly go wrong?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
You said they were a 9 win team.
Dude, what the hell does it matter how many games they won in the regular season?

Maybe you have not been keeping up on current events, but you just got curb stomped by the 7th seed at home!!!

Never has happened before in the NFL, so welcome to the record books bro.

zeke21

Reaction score
Dak is a smart marketing man.. made sure he got those stats nice and high.. he will sit in the record books even though he produced the worst quarter of QB play in cowboys playoff history (yep look it up).. then he runs up 220 yards of meaningless junk against the GB third string as they tried to freshen up guys for next week.

Our defence is built for turnovers on the back of QB pressure. That is what it is designed for.

No way our defence is built to be on the field for 12 of the first 15 minutes including trying to defend a short field.. and with the offence struggling to even get a first down.

A football team is symbiotic.. our team is certainly built that way. Still some who can't see the reality.. we are flat track bullies.. we will look good against weak opposition and then fold like lawn chairs under the bright lights. Dak and Parsons are some of the worst offenders of the choke. Dak's contract hit makes that even worse.

This was by far the most humiliating loss in our proud history.. this wasn't even close. We had a full roster.. 9 all pro's.. home field.. this was meant to be the moment.. playing against a team that fall in backwards.. the youngest team in playoff history.. who was carrying multiple injuries and had a suspect secondary.. and we didn't lose a tight battle.. we got obliterated. How anything less than a full clean out can be called for is beyond me. This franchise is a joke.