Game Day ***Cowboys vs Packers Post Game Thread***

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Add in Miami and Detroit. All of those games were hints. Defense had nothing.
It was all about Quinn and his piss poor scheme....go and look @ all the losses....CBs playing soft....huge cushions. LBers playing out of position. Why Marquise Bell is your MLB in the red zone was just unbelievable....kid continued to run around blocks....taking himself out of plays.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
little thing: Schoonmaker. Didn't get oob when he had the chance there at the end.

It was meaningless as far as this game goes, but you'd hope a guy drafted as high as him would maintain situational awareness from start to finish

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
little thing: Schoonmaker. Didn't get oob when he had the chance there at the end.

It was meaningless as far as this game goes, but you'd hope a guy drafted as high as him would maintain situational awareness from start to finish
Microcosm of the team, generally, with regards to situational football.

mldardy

Reaction score

That pissed me off along with Turpin fair catching the ball inside the 10 on a punt which led to a Dak Interception inside the 20. Then trying to return a kickoff from the end zone and not even getting to the 15 yard line. Just stupid situational football when yards and field position are ultra important.

Mark

Reaction score
That pissed me off along with Turpin fair catching the ball inside the 10 on a punt which led to a Dak Interception inside the 20. Then trying to return a kickoff from the end zone and not even getting to the 15 yard line. Just stupid situational football when yards and field position are ultra important.
Special teams play, all around, regressed precipitously over the past few weeks.

Blocked/missed FGs & EPs. Fooled by two successful fake punts. Silly penalties.

mldardy

Reaction score
Special teams play, all around, regressed precipitously over the past few weeks.

Blocked/missed FGs & EPs. Fooled by two successful fake punts. Silly penalties.
Overall our special teams is mediocre. We have a great kicker and punter but the coverage teams and return teams aren’t good.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
We are now in a very familiar position. Year after year change is made hoping it fixes the underperforming in the playoffs. But now it should be obvious the right change has not been made yet and that's cutting bait with Dak. I think we can win with Mike McCarthy so I hope he is retained. The accountability should fall on Dak. He's the one who was careless with the football. It was player execution, not the coaching that failed us. So I hope Jerry makes the right decisions by keeping McCarthy and firing Dak.

mldardy

Reaction score
We are now in a very familiar position. Year after year change is made hoping it fixes the underperforming in the playoffs. But now it should be obvious the right change has not been made yet and that's cutting bait with Dak. I think we can win with Mike McCarthy so I hope he is retained. The accountability should fall on Dak. He's the one who was careless with the football. It was player execution, not the coaching that failed us. So I hope Jerry makes the right decisions by keeping McCarthy and firing Dak.
Ok you can stop with this. Coaching was a huge reason why we lost today. Not only did our defensive coordinator put our players in positions they hadn’t played in all season but the team looked unfocused, unmotivated, and unprepared. That falls on the coaching staff just as much as the players.

beacamdim

Reaction score
Tommy Cutlets and the Giants outplayed Love and Green Bay.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
Keep complaining about the QB drafted at the very end of the 4th round and forget the GM who doesn't know how to build a team capable of helping said QB.
If you want real quality at QB, you need to draft one in the first round (preferably in the top half).
The last time we spent a first round pick on a QB?
35 years ago!

IrishAnto

Reaction score
Ok you can stop with this. Coaching was a huge reason why we lost today. Not only did our defensive coordinator put our players in positions they hadn’t played in all season but the team looked unfocused, unmotivated, and unprepared. That falls on the coaching staff just as much as the players.
Who appoints and keeps the coaches?

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
13-3 1 seed = one and done
13-3 1 seed = one and done
12-5 2 seed = one and done

The cultural identity of the Cowboys is that of chokers and underachievers. It has been like this for entire 21st century.