Game Day ***Cowboys vs Raiders Game Thread***

BigWillie

Reaction score
I'll defend him.

He is a rookie.

He is struggling.

A lot of rookies do.

Struggles are one thing. Showing little redeeming qualities are another.

Even the best players struggle. But playing soft, showing unwillingness to tackle, showing tepidness to field a punt and then muffing a punt? C'mon now.

You give rookies all the rope they can and let them hang themselves. And in 2 games so far, Webb has made the noose and tied it around his own neck.

he's a rookie, you expected what in his second NFL preseason game, an all pro player

Same as I said above. Show me SOMETHING. Anything. I don't expect greatness. But I don't expect an NFL Europe type performance, either.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Boring game...BW Webb with a choke job of a game. Couldn't tackle worth a damn all game long and then couldn't even field a punt. His roster spot will be safe though

Staubacher

Reaction score
Goat - Webb

Romo and Orton solid. Most starters were solid.

Beasley and Wilcox w good games

Penalties in red zone were killer

Special teams lost this game

TheCowboy

Reaction score
Such a sloppy game. Everyone outside of the 1st stringers did awful I thought.

kevm3

Reaction score
Wilcox looked better this game than he did last. Webb better show something next game, because he got attention in all the wrong ways this game. I was very impressed with Orton... Stephens looks sharp and looks like he'll be taking that 3rd qb role. On the runningback competition, Dunbar pulled ahead today. Beasley redeemed himself. O-Line looked solid.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Wilcox looked better this game than he did last. Webb better show something next game, because he got attention in all the wrong ways this game. I was very impressed with Orton... Stephens looks sharp and looks like he'll be taking that 3rd qb role. On the runningback competition, Dunbar pulled ahead today. Beasley redeemed himself. O-Line looked solid.

Still don't see us carrying 3 qbs.

CowboysPhan

Obsequious Cowboys Toadie
Reaction score

Even the best players struggle. But playing soft, showing unwillingness to tackle, showing tepidness to field a punt and then muffing a punt? C'mon now.

You give rookies all the rope they can and let them hang themselves. And in 2 games so far, Webb has made the noose and tied it around his own neck.

Same as I said above. Show me SOMETHING. Anything. I don't expect greatness. But I don't expect an NFL Europe type performance, either.

I agree that he showed nothing at all tonight. However, I've seen other players have abysmal choke job games before and still be decent players, so I'm not ready to write him off, yet. Hopefully he'll look better next week.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Still don't see us carrying 3 qbs.
Less than 1% chance we carry 3 QBs. Simply no need for it. And we don't have anyone worth developing.

And whoever said Stephens looked good is blind. The guy was terrible. Like, he couldn't walk on to a division I-AA college team level of bad.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Good three:
Sean Lee
Dez Bryant
RBs

Bad three:
BW Webb...I like the guy. But he cost us big tonight.
David Arkin...totally ran over on the blocked fg
Raider's announcers....how irritating.

Deep_South

Reaction score
On the plus side, the Boys kept them out of the end zone with the exception of one terrific throw and catch for a TD by the Raiders.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
Good three:
Sean Lee
Dez Bryant
RBs

Bad three:

Arkin wasn't run over. His guy got some push, but he wasn't the one who blocked it. The other two, spot on. Those announcers drove me nuts.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
All I can think of is "Activate". I didn't count, but the commentators for the Raiders had to have said it 40 times tonight

Gameover

Reaction score
Good three:
Sean Lee
Dez Bryant
RBs

Bad three:

Orton?

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score

Luckily, none of the players on the Cowboys care what you expect.

Its 2 preseason games into his career.. give it a rest for a little.