Game Day ***Cowboys vs Raiders post game thread***

Mark

Reaction score
Good news is that the next game is against the Saints, who are even more clueless right now than the Cowboys. But, at this current level of play, DAL will be fighting for their lives vs. PHL & WAS, and could easily drop the next one to the Giants. Much of this state of disarray can be laid at the hands of a coaching staff unable to scheme & adjust to injuries to key players. The O-line adjustments - weeks late already - helped keep this game competitive to the end. But, there was no plan on the OC end to adapt to the absence of Lamb & Cooper. There is no will to run the ball anymore. No driving desire to "impose one's will" upon a defense, and get them to tap out in the fourth quarter. The rushing stats and TOP figures from the past few games bear that out. K. Moore reminds me of a kid who figured out how to play Madden 2020 in "no-injury" mode. Missing the playoffs is eminently possible; this team has seen similar collapses before.

lsg13

Reaction score
Old Dak? He's played very well the majority of his career. The only time he really struggled was the season we traded for Coop and he literally had no receivers to throw to. Dak didn't lose this game. The secondary, poor coaching, and the kicker lost this game.
Dak didn't win this game, he had the ball in OT to go win the game he was the one that threw the bad pass on 3rd down, not the coaches not the receivers... Dak.
I've been a Dak fan but I'm not an excuse maker when someone under performs, 3 of the last 4 games he had not played well... yeah he had numbers, he has always been able to put up numbers but he hasn't been able to deliver in the clutch... that's the old Dak... I thought as this season progressed he had taken that step forward, he look poised and in control, then the injury and he has reverted back to panicking under pressure and not in control.
Maybe he gets it back and but no matter, the defense will not pull their weight. They will be a decent team just because they have a lot of talent on offense and can win games if the defense plays a decent game but not a playoff run.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Even after that Dak miss, the punter pinned then back at the 20. There's no rule that the defense has to find like an accordion. 33 should win.
Anger deserves a medal and a commendation. That may have been the best game I've ever seen a punter play. Very impressive. It's unfortunate that the defense played well enough on that drive to get the ball back and Brown messed it all up.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Brown sucked this game but he played OK for the most part through out the season. If there is a better option, I'm sure they'll replace him. They did it with the OL, so I'm sure they'll do it for other positions.
He has actually started to play very well. Did Jackson's speed scare him? It make no sense he played so poorly after his improved play this year.

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
Coaching played a part in this loss:
"Never take points off the board" -Tom Landry

We made the extra point and then took it off the board to go for 2. Our kicker would have kicked the winning field goal with 25 seconds left instead of the tying field goal.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak didn't win this game, he had the ball in OT to go win the game he was the one that threw the bad pass on 3rd down, not the coaches not the receivers... Dak.
I've been a Dak fan but I'm not an excuse maker when someone under performs, 3 of the last 4 games he had not played well... yeah he had numbers, he has always been able to put up numbers but he hasn't been able to deliver in the clutch... that's the old Dak... I thought as this season progressed he had taken that step forward, he look poised and in control, then the injury and he has reverted back to panicking under pressure and not in control.
Maybe he gets it back and but no matter, the defense will not pull their weight. They will be a decent team just because they have a lot of talent on offense and can win games if the defense plays a decent game but not a playoff run.
He delivered in clutch to force overtime. The numbers you reference are what brought this team back from an early 11 point deficit, even when the defense was playing like hot garbage and the kicker was leaving points on the field. Yes, he missed a pass. Every QB misses passes. The old Dak has 17 come from behind wins. One play or even a couple of games don't dictate that he doesn't perform when he needs to.

Zman5

Reaction score
He has actually started to play very well. Did Jackson's speed scare him? It make no sense he played so poorly after his improved play this year.

CBs tend to panic when they get beat. I think that's what happened to him today. I also don't think the last PI was a PI but the WR did a good job of selling it.

TheHerd

Reaction score
CBs tend to panic when they get beat. I think that's what happened to him today. I also don't think the last PI was a PI but the WR did a good job of selling it.
But the refs call that every time. Turn around and it's a great play. Something Belicheat has taught his CBs forever. Of course, New England DBs gets away with a LOT more contact than a Cowboy without ever be allowed.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Finally decided to put the ignore function to use. Too many Rowdies starting dumb thread after dumb thread tonight.

Time to thin the herd.

mldardy

Reaction score
Coaching played a part in this loss:
"Never take points off the board" -Tom Landry

We made the extra point and then took it off the board to go for 2. Our kicker would have kicked the winning field goal with 25 seconds left instead of the tying field goal.
This is incorrect. If we keep that extra point the game is 24-20 we wouldn't have to go for 2 to make it 30-30 like we did later in the game. So we wouldn't have kicked the winning field goal with 25 seconds left instead of the tying field goal. We would have been doing what we did which is kick the FG to tie the game and send into OT.

lsg13

Reaction score
you are watching a different Brown than the one I see each week... It does make sense he played poorly "play very well", you do jest?

Teams go after him repeatedly, he just got exposed tonight because the Raiders were smart and went after him deep so it was obvious that he can not play man.
If you are watching him play each week you see the amount of completions to his man, it's just that many of them are short throws or zone coverage so people not paying attention and don't really think much of it but when it's deep and a big play you can't hide that.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
It's also time to move Pollard into the starting lineup, that kid has shown that he is the real deal and is wasting away backing put Zeke who has obviously lost a step.

Zeke has become just an overpaid fullback at this point. Run inside for a few yards and help in pass protection. Pollard has more game breaking ability. You are right about that.

Zman5

Reaction score
Finally decided to put the ignore function to use. Too many Rowdies starting dumb thread after dumb thread tonight.

Time to thin the herd.

I noticed bunch of users, I haven't seen here before , with less than 350 posts after bad losses.

silvernblu

Reaction score
Idiot Pollard needs to fair catch that dammm KO in OT and begin at the 25... I don't know how many times i have said just take it there and be done with it. Cost the Cowboys the possession to start the OT and possibly end it with a TD without the Raiders touching it.
Ummm…. The kick was short of the end zone.