Game Day ***Cowboys vs Raiders post game thread***

AyeAtey

Reaction score
Perspective: Imagine being a Lion's fans.

Hopefully next week bring different results.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Zman5

Reaction score
On the Raiders fan forum, some one posted a pic of piece a paper with the game predictions for their season. The prediction was supposedly made by flipping a coin. It was something that was posted on Reddit in September and you can still go see that post.

The creepy thing is, this guy got every game right so far. Including today's game. The Raider fans were mostly saying that the coin streak will end today and they will get a beat down from the Cowboys. I'd like to know if this coin can predict our remaining games.

TheHerd

Reaction score
We can agree to disagree and that's fine. Wasn't his best outing but considering the circumstances I can't justify labeling him part of the problem. Last week, sure. Denver, yep. Not today. There's plenty of season left and the offense should be plenty dynamic with two major playmakers coming back and opening up the passing game. Nothing against Gallup. I like the guy and think he can be a great #2 but I'm seeing alot of Alvin Harper in him. Great deep threat but limited route tree and inconsistent at best at beating coverages. The only QB I've seen play at a consistent elite level with subpar receivers is Tom Brady earlier in his career and that guy is just a freak of nature. Manning had Harrison. ARod has Adams, Aikman had Irvin, Tony had Dez, etc etc.
And Brady had an elite defense early in his career. Then Gronk and Edelman.

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
Except we wouldn’t have gone for (and made) the 2-pointer later. It made no difference in the end. The missed XP, on the other hand….

Have you been following this coaches bonehead tendencies? Of course we would have gone for it, there would have been no reason lol

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
Why didn't Carr have to come out of the game when he whacked in the head. I thought there was some type of concussion protocol?

Carson

Reaction score
Saints getting demolished and look awful means they will get right for next Thursday
They have a few starters out that likely play next seek. Kamara, Ingram, Ramczyk, Davenport.

Sucks we know they’ll score 30

khiladi

Reaction score
There were a ton of ticky tacky calls both ways. We might not even get to OT if that BS call on Raider center wasnt made.

That Brown call was definitely legit though

I missed that call on the Raiders C, but I did hear about it being ticky-tack.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I hear you.

But, at least as far as the regular season goes, there's several things to remember.

1. Even with the loss, and a win by the Eagles (if they do) Cowboys will still have a 2 game lead. They don't have to win every game, every loss by the Eagles or Washington makes it that much harder for them to catch Dallas. Neither of those two teams are likely to win out. Cowboys just have to match their wins or at worst win the tie breaker or maybe even just win one less.
Win the division and you at least get one home game, not lately a big advantage, especially for Dallas, but come playoffs, after a 17 game season, it's a benefit to not have to travel to a win or go home game, and sleep in your own bed.
2. Missing Cooper, Lamb, Lawrence and Gregory. All will be back, probably by the next game, or the game after at the worst. They are much better than their backups, the team will be better. McGovern is getting game experience, which he hasn't had a lot of so far. May get better by the end of the year.
3. It's not like the Cowboys are getting blown out every game, this was an overtime loss. The 4 players mentioned above are surely worth 4 points, and probably more. One or two bad calls that don't go against Dallas and some of these could be wins.
4. The problems like in this game are nearly all within the Cowboys' control. Block better, get the defensive alignments straight, pay attention to penalties.

Of course all this doesn't mean the Cowboys are SB bound, as noted this is about the regular season. And Dak will never be a Brees, Rodgers, etc. The missed wide open throw in the last drive is a perfect example, not to say it lost the game, it didn't, but he continues to pull those stunts, and after this many years he'll probably not quit doing so. Can he make the bad throws only when it doesn't matter so much? Could be just possible.

But lesser quarterbacks have won SBs, who's to say Dak can't as well? Russell Wilson only got to the SBs when he had the NUMBER ONE defense. Give Dak a top-5 or even top-10 defense and he's plenty good enough. It's not, and won't be, on Dak to overcome an otherwise mediocre to average team. The Cowboys' defense is mediocre at this point, maybe getting the 4 players noted back will put the team up to contender status, but to be sure it's not there now...

It is a good point, and we should get our talent back next week. That will be important.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
My bubba:
It's a game. A game that you have zero control over.

Relax and enjoy your life.

Will do, and that's what this game taught me. The game is just a game, and they league is in control on that. It's rigged and no sense not enjoying my day cuz o a game. At least being a furry, I can control what i do best with it and enjoy the cons when I"m at them.

TheHerd

Reaction score
They have a few starters out that likely play next seek. Kamara, Ingram, Ramczyk, Davenport.

Sucks we know they’ll score 30
At least. Everyone gets he healthy against Dallas. We’re the best rehab ever. No one wants to miss a chance against this D

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
We are going to get 4 top shelf players back very soon. And the rest of the games are against all middle of the road or bad teams except for AZ.
We'll win the division. How we do in the playoffs remains to be seen.

Prior to the season, I thought we'd get close but we'd probably be short like the 1991 season. That prediction seems to still be alive.