Game Day ***Cowboys vs Raiders post game thread***

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yes, but will it be enough for a long playoff push? That's the question...

I said before the season we will probably get to the divisional round, maybe the conference championship at best, but, like 91, we will come up short. What I predicted we'd see and is looking to be the case is that this team is building something special. It's just not quite at a championship level yet. If they can add more pieces to the trenches and address safety, we will break through I think.

beacamdim

Reaction score
To everyone *****ing about the refs;

The 4Q holding call on LV when they were about to go in for a TD after the Dak sack was huge. If they get seven there this game is all but over. But the refs threw the flag, pushed LV back, and the game remained in reach.

Not to mention the head bob travesty that led to the Cowboys getting the ball back for the tying score.

The refs were an abomination. But they affected BOTH teams.

Focusing on that is just a sideshow. The real issue is how this season is crashing and burning before our eyes.

morat1959

Reaction score
For the 100th time, this team will never sniff a SB with Dak under center in JJ’s country club world. Enjoy mediocrity if you want to remain a Cowboys fan because that’s all your gonna get.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I said before the season we will probably get to the divisional round, maybe the conference championship at best, but, like 91, we will come up short. What I predicted we'd see and is looking to be the case is that this team is building something special. It's just not quite at a championship level yet. If they can add more pieces to the trenches and address safety, we will break through I think.

I hope so. BUT, even if they lose every remaining game, teams like the Lions, Jags, Giants, Jets. and Seahawks will be ahead of them in the draft, so forget getting a top DT or OT or CB, which this team is in desperate need of. Maybe they can work a trade to get on of the top 5 picks, but that still leaves 2 positions that have to be filled with second rounders, and we'll probably lose Cooper or Gallup so we'd need to add WR in that case.

This team has to win THIS YEAR, but it ain't happening. Oh they'll get a couple of good players and work out a way to keep some others, but we'll have the same thing next year - "building". Just never get there...

Daillest88

Reaction score
Well looking at the bright side, Dak is average in November , well the team is 13-10 ok a little better than average, reinforcements on the way, easier schedule in December. Division games. Dak and the boys are 11-5 in the division and 21-6 bs division opponents

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
For the 100th time, this team will never sniff a SB with Dak under center in JJ’s country club world. Enjoy mediocrity if you want to remain a Cowboys fan because that’s all your gonna get.

Dak's good enough to win a SB. If Joe Flacco, Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer can win one, so can Dak. Russell Wilson has never made the SB without the number 1 defense, so having the "elite" quarterback is no guarantee of winning it all. Rodgers and Brees have one SB win each. Payton Manning won 2, but does anybody think he was an "elite" quarterback in the second win? No, he was awful all year, his defense won it for him. Dak is head and shoulders above what Manning was that year. What did Brady do in the SB win over the Rams? 262 yards passing, zero touchdowns passing. That's the very definition of mediocre. Think Dak can't do the same?

Dak IS NOT the problem. Does he need to play better? Sure, he has his problems, too many missed easy throws for one.

But you could roll Roger and Brady and Aikman all together, and that combo would have a tough time winning with a JERRY team..

Carson

Reaction score
To everyone *****ing about the refs;

The 4Q holding call on LV when they were about to go in for a TD after the Dak sack was huge. If they get seven there this game is all but over. But the refs threw the flag, pushed LV back, and the game remained in reach.

Not to mention the head bob travesty that led to the Cowboys getting the ball back for the tying score.

The refs were an abomination. But they affected BOTH teams.

Focusing on that is just a sideshow. The real issue is how this season is crashing and burning before our eyes.
Or if they don’t call the bogus holding on Smith and the Schultz TD stands?

Or the back to back DPI on Schultz on our final drive?

I get what you’re saying. But not all penalties are treated equally

blueblood70

Reaction score
Or if they don’t call the bogus holding on Smith and the Schultz TD stands?

Or the back to back DPI on Schultz on our final drive?

I get what you’re saying. But not all penalties are treated equally
facts

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Shrooms brother.
It's LSD toned down.

And a wonderful thing to eat and partake.

And I'm done derailing! I'm sorry mods!

Love you all and goodnight!

mr Corso---- you know how some people just click?.....i got your back anywhere anytime....hope you are having awesome Thanksgiving holiday weekend....of course a little ouchy blip of cowboy game but nonetheless

Daillest88

Reaction score
Well looking at the bright side, Dak is average in November , well the team is 13-10 ok a little better than average, reinforcements on the way, easier schedule in December. Division games. Dak and the boys are 11-5 in the division and 21-6 bs division opponents
11-5 in December *

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
I have convinced myself that Dak is not 100% healthy. So the Calvary is on the way, that's fine, let's get a W next Thursday. But after the 10 day rest, we will see the real Dak and the potent offense, mark my words.