Game Day ***Cowboys vs Raiders post game thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
You might be right but is he better than any of the S ahead of him? He is at best 5th or 6th.
It sticks because he's a player but I PERSONALLY would keep him over Bell. Bell has been overrated but seems the team loves him

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
It sticks because he's a player but I PERSONALLY would keep him over Bell. Bell has been overrated but seems the team loves him
YEah...but Bell seems a lock since they started working him into Overshown's spot. He will be Kearse's backup at the hybrid spot.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Waletzko didn't do much week 1 and 2 but he has been in the games earlier and longer than Bostic. Bostic only got in really late. I think he is PS. The injury news on Ball is gonna be interesting. And there is also Edoga...not sure where he stands with injury.
Definitely could change things. I think right now that Ball has made the roster. If he's injured, maybe we cut Edoga to get Ball to IR and then bring Edoga back. I'm still very concerned about swing tackle. Richards played very well at left tackle, but we didn't play him on the right. Waletzko struggled at RT (but I still think we view him as a project not worth risking to waivers).

Edoga came to us for cheap, so there were not a lot of suitors for him. I think there's a good chance we could get him to the PS and bring him up for three games while letting things shake out. Not sure I feel very good about him as the swing tackle either, though. Would rather kick out the guards (Tyler and Martin) if there is an injury at one of the tackle spots and insert Edoga at guard. (I would have some hope, though, if we lost Tyron and decided to plug in Richards instead of move Tyler. He has shown he might can handle it.)

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Tonight we saw our amazing depth.
LOL, not sure if you are serious....but it is one thing that has always kind of pissed me off. We have always been told how good our roster is....but year after year our backups get their ***** handed to them in the preseason. We can always say other teams put more emphasis on winning...but if our talent is that good, they should be able to make plays. They did tonight....and it should have because we will have some tough cuts to make.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Definitely could change things. I think right now that Ball has made the roster. If he's injured, maybe we cut Edoga to get Ball to IR and then bring Edoga back. I'm still very concerned about swing tackle. Richards played very well at left tackle, but we didn't play him on the right. Waletzko struggled at RT (but I still think we view him as a project not worth risking to waivers).
Just from the initial watch, I thought Waletzko had a good night tonight. He was bad game 1 and went out with injury in game 2. Funny how they only started working RIchards at T like midway through camp but it does seem like he is a player worth keeping. Hate to see Ball get hurt when he really has had a good camp at RG.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Just from the initial watch, I thought Waletzko had a good night tonight. He was bad game 1 and went out with injury in game 2. Funny how they only started working RIchards at T like midway through camp but it does seem like he is a player worth keeping. Hate to see Ball get hurt when he really has had a good camp at RG.
Yeah, I just think Waletzko is raw. He's from a smaller school and they have him playing a different side than he is used to, which can be a tough transition. He's where Ball was last year.

gimmesix

Reaction score
LOL, not sure if you are serious....but it is one thing that has always kind of pissed me off. We have always been told how good our roster is....but year after year our backups get their ***** handed to them in the preseason. We can always say other teams put more emphasis on winning...but if our talent is that good, they should be able to make plays. They did tonight....and it should have because we will have some tough cuts to make.
And in reality, our second team in the previous two preseason games did pretty decently going up against starters. There were some failures, but it was successful overall.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
On a different tangent, it was fun to play the Raiders in preseason again. Cowboys vs Raiders is the biggest preseason rivalry for both teams as far as opponent most often played.

I like to call this the "Silver Helmet Bowl" for which the Cowboys are the current champions until the next match up. Kinda wish it was an official thing like the Preston Road Trophy and the Governor's Cup.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
omg they actually won a preseason game? Is it me or does it seem like they have lost 75 of their last 80 preseason games? Id look it up if I could but google doesnt give a crap

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Yes, but he was talking to Garrett over the headset.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.