Game Day ***Cowboys vs Raiders post game thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I've got Cox not making it. Wright (not a day 3 pick, though), Bohanna, Gallimore (also not a day 3 pick). Mainly just guys on the defensive side.
I'm gonna disagree about Cox...we are already so thin there...I can't imagine us bringing in someone new and hoping the guy can play significant snaps if LVE or Clark get hurt.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I'm gonna disagree about Cox...we are already so thin there...I can't imagine us bringing in someone new and hoping the guy can play significant snaps if LVE or Clark get hurt.
Cox is no more of a linebacker than Kearse or Bell. If one of our linebackers gets hurt, I think we'd be going more with the hybrid guys, although Harper looked good at times so he might end up out there in certain situations.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
QB(3): Dak Rush Lance
RB(4): Pollard Deuce Dowdle Luepke
TE(3): Ferg Schoon Hendershot
WR(5): Lamb Cooks Gallup Tolbert Turpin
OT(5): Smith Steele Richards Edoga Waletzko
IOL(5): Martin Biadasz Smith Farniok Bass

Edge(2): Parsons Williams
DE(4):Tank Armstrong Fowler Golston
DT(4): Hankins Osa Mazi Fehoko
LB(4): LVE Clark Harper Jefferson
CB(5): Diggs Gilmore Bland Joseph Goodwin Scott
S(5): Hooker Kearse Wilson Mukuamu Thomas

P: Anger
K: Aubrey
LS: Sieg

PUP: Lewis
IR out for season: Overshown Phillips
IR candidates to return are Edoga Jefferson

the last two have to make the initial roster and could mean the return of Ball or McKeon on offense and Wright or Bell on defense. I also would also not be surprised if a LB off the waiver wire is brought in.

Last two players on the roster were Waletzko and Scott.

catiii

Reaction score
Grier had the opportunity to "audition" for the league and he took full advantage of the situation. That's a good thing to see.

I hope he lands somewhere decent.

I didn't watch the game.

How did the backup DTs do? (Gallimore/Bohanna).
How about CBs? Kelvin Joseph so anything?

Did any WRs step up and show something? Did Malik Davis do OK or did he give up the #3 spot to Vaughn?
Grier needs to land right here.

T-RO

Reaction score
OT(5): Smith Steele Richards Edoga Waletzko
IOL(5): Martin Biadasz Smith Farniok Bass
No
  • Teams almost never carry 10 o-lineman. Some carry 9. Others 8.
  • Ball is likely better than two you mention here
  • Dallas currently has mostly useless dregs for backups. We'll be fortunate to feature two serviceable backups.
  • Hopefully, IMO, we keep our best two backup OL, and go hunting for a third via trade or the pool of 1,000+ players about to be released.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
No
  • Teams almost never carry 10 o-lineman. Some carry 9. Others 8.
  • Ball is likely better than two you mention here
  • Dallas currently has mostly useless dregs for backups. We'll be fortunate to feature two serviceable backups.
  • Hopefully, IMO, we keep our best two backup OL, and go hunting for a third via trade or the pool of 1,000+ players about to be released.
9 is the average. Some teams go more or less. I went for 10.

I am not as down on the OL as you are particularly after how they performed yesterday.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
9 is the average. Some teams go more or less. I went for 10.

I am not as down on the OL as you are particularly after how they performed yesterday.
Agreed. Richards is a future stud, Bass and Bell played well, Farniok is a solid backup center, even Waletzko played pretty well tonight.
People also forget that in the first two games we played our 2s en masse v. the starters for the first several drives and several of these guys held up very well.
They are young, but certainly not "dregs."
That's a lazy narrative.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
With his 4.8 speed?
Yep...everyone talks about him being more of a downfield threat than the other ones. Being able to get open doesn't have a lot to do with speed. He might not outrun people, but he is known as more a pass catching TE.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.