Cowboys vs Rams 2018 Playoff game replay

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right now on NFLN

The play right before this

cowboys.jpg

Dak throws behind Gallup on a simple 8 yard in. Troy even mentions if Dak hits the pass, Gallup runs for at least 20 yds after the catch.

They also mentioned him being 3 for 8 after starting off 5 for 5

#stopboxscorewatching

Ffwd to 1:00:45 to see for yourself

I totally blotted out from my memory the fact they were only eight points down with five minutes left in the third.

Just goes to show you how impotent the defense was. They were in the game with over a quarter left.
how any one from the defensive coaching staff espically marinelli and any one else coaching the front 7 survived that game is really bother some.

just below average run defense and that is a win but instead they got completly run over.
Run, run, run but our defense sure can't hide..
Vote for me and I'll set you free..
Rap on Brother, rap on.

The Cowboys lost that game because the Cowboys defense got crushed by the Rams running game.

The Patriot only scored 13 points vs the Rams but the Patriots shut down the Rams offense (The Cowboys scored 22 vs the Rams...).

Flamma

Reaction score
On a positive note:

Gallup Balled in this game. He is a stud

I know. Had a great game. How about that spot by the ref when Gallup caught that long pass from Dak? The ball should have been spotted closer to the GL than the 1 yard line and the ref spots it at the 2. What the hell was he looking at?

I totally blotted out from my memory the fact they were only eight points down with five minutes left in the third.

Same with me. It took me by surprise and I couldn't understand what I was watching. Dallas even had the ball at mid field and Zeke got stopped on 4th and 1. That killed us along with the run D. If Dallas has a run D that game they beat the Rams.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Got to attend this game, my first playoff game in person. Hung out on the sideline with Babe Laufenberg for a few minutes before the game. I also got to meet Peyton Manning and Rich Dalrymple that game.

Okay, now that my humble brag is over, this game is Exhibit A in just how bad Jeff Heath is. He was awful that game. Marinelli got exposed badly in that game as well and the worst part of that was, the team didn't self-scout and/or learn from it becuase teams followed that blue print in 2019.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
So, how anyone can watch this game again and start the Prescott griping again is beyond me.

No, he did not play a great game. But this defense was horrific.

In fact, both Marinelli and Richard should have been fired after this.
Garrett too!

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
So, how anyone can watch this game again and start the Prescott griping again is beyond me.

No, he did not play a great game. But this defense was horrific.

In fact, both Marinelli and Richard should have been fired after this.
Yep.

Dak was one of the only players to play well. We all know by now the OP is incompetent at evaluating football play. He always has stuff backfire on him, here is the latest example.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The Cowboys lost that game because the Cowboys defense got crushed by the Rams running game.

With a center that is now out of the league and a guard combo that is gone.

As successful as Woods was against Seattle, they clearly got arrogant. Every big run started with Woods getting killed.

They had no answer to it.

It might have been "one of those days" but flawed teams with flawed players with coaches unable to adapt, you get that.

mmohican29

Reaction score

Just goes to show you how impotent the defense was. They were in the game with over a quarter left.

Very winnable game. Very.

3 factors:

1) The Defense was unprepared and uninspired

2) The Cowboys were very physically beaten up headed into this contest after playing an ankle twisting/ dirty Seahawks team.

3) Our HC vs their HC

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
We can nitpick the QB play in every game we lost for decades if we are being consistent. Also, is Zeke still a no show on the replay?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes lets overlook the “most important“ player on this team’s performance because the defense was worse

Last time that I checked, the QB is still here and wanting to be paid $40m and those defensive coaches are gone/unemployed
I'm going by memory here, because I don't have time to re-watch the game. I'm not a Dakophant, but I think he's serviceable, and capable of improving. But IIRC, he was probably the best Cowboy in this particular game, on offense or defense (Maybe Lee was good too?). Sure, he made some mistakes, but you can't reasonably expect one player to be good on every play, when there's so much bad around him.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Dame wasnt as close as it looked. You could tell the rams took their foot off the gas. That run defense Though wow.

Brax

Reaction score
Re-watch this game

Funny how you pointed to his passer rating but not game changing plays he made.

Even in the play I pointed out above, if Gallup catches and runs for another 20 yds, we score on that drive which wouldve been crucial considering we lost by one possession.

Instead, he throws behind Gallup, and gets sacked on the next play. Fans blame the o-line and overlook the play beforehand. Ongoing cycle with dak fans.

And bfor you start, yes I do acknowledge he made a great play to Cooper and Gallup.

1 1 09:44 DAL 29 7 3:41 71 Touchdown
2 2 13:40 DAL 17 4 2:20 21 Punt
3 2 07:00 DAL 25 3 0:55 5 Punt
4 2 03:27 DAL 19 9 2:52 37 Punt
5 3 15:00 DAL 25 3 0:53 3 Punt
6 3 10:03 DAL 25 9 4:43 75 Touchdown
7 3 03:10 DAL 23 8 3:18 42 Downs
8 4 07:16 DAL 25 12 5:05 75 Touchdown
Full Play-By-Play
Shame on you using the eye test, shame shame.

Nav22

Reaction score
Imagine being SO STUPID that you watch Todd Gurley and CJ Anderson brutalize our run D for 273 rush yards, and your #1 takeaway from the game was, “DURRR WHY DIDN’T DAK LEAD US TO VICTORY ANYWAYS!?!?”
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Right now on NFLN

The play right before this

cowboys.jpg

Dak throws behind Gallup on a simple 8 yard in. Troy even mentions if Dak hits the pass, Gallup runs for at least 20 yds after the catch.

They also mentioned him being 3 for 8 after starting off 5 for 5

#stopboxscorewatching

Ffwd to 1:00:45 to see for yourself

Dak also was the only one that really put us in a position to win. Where was Zeke? Where was our defense the entire game? Rams gashed us left and right. Yet we all want to focus on the little things Dak missed.